someone tryed to export the mfcds to another screen in the FA18C ?

Capt Zeen

Ok, I managed to export the RWR, IFEI, UFC and the AMPCD.

I can export the Left and Right MFDs too, but the two on the same place. In other words one on top of the other!

Probably we need to wait for ED to fix that.

After some tweaking, it seems pretty easy to get it working.

The reason of not displaying is "render_purpose" from "devices_defs.lua" must be loaded before "ViewportHandling.lua" since "ViewportHandling.lua"is using this without stating "dofile" to "devices_defs.lua"

The solution to this problem is to move the last two lines, which is one comment line and one "dofile" line of "devices_defs.lua", in "MDI_Left_init.lua" and "MDI_right_init.lua" to the top, after the "dofile" at the top, since the "dofile" of "devices_defs.lua" was included in "MDI_init.lua", then you got the display properly assigned to L and R MFCD described in your monitor setup.

But there is another problem, the line thickness rendering in viewport are too small. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it

Edited by sreventon
  • Like 1

attachment.php?attachmentid=187387&stc=1&d=1528846255

My progress so far, following is the version I edited for MDI_right_init.lua

You just need to do the same change to MDI_left_init.lua

-- Left/Right MDIs have specific symbology clipping levels, thus there are separate left/right init files
dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/MDG_materials.lua")

-- Common part of MDI initialization
dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/MDI_IP1556A/indicator/MDI_init.lua")

opacity_sensitive_materials = 
{
MDG_font_name(MDG_SELF_IDS.RMDI),
MDG_material_name(MDG_SELF_IDS.RMDI)
}

-- Specific part of MDI initialization
dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

-- Parameters handling functions
dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/InitParams.lua")
writeParameter("MDG_init_DEFAULT_LEVEL", 6)

update_screenspace_diplacement(1, false, 0)
try_find_assigned_viewport("RIGHT_MFCD")

-- Parameters to customize common symbology properties
writeParameter("MDG_init_specifics", LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/MDI_IP1556A/indicator/MDI_right_specifics.lua")

Screen_180612_202901.thumb.jpg.f2443b36a7c13a768d518bfd3527881d.jpg

Edited by sreventon

How did you export the AMPCD? I am looking at the AMPCD_init.lua and I am not sure what I should do here.

EDIT:

Figured it out!

I added these lines to AMPCD_init.lua:

-- Specific part of MDI initialization

try_find_assigned_viewport("AMPCD")

I then created a reference in my Multimontor_setup.lua file that I created in the ..\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup directory:

------------
-- for FA-18C
------------
LEFT_DDI =
{
 x = 2560;
 y = 0 + 360;
 width = 640;
 height = 640;
}

AMPCD =
{
 x = 2560 + 640;
 y = 1440 - 640;
 width = 640;
 height = 640;
}

RIGHT_DDI =
{
 x = 2560 + 640 + 640;
 y = 0 + 360;
 width = 640;
 height = 640;
}

Edited by Maulkin

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

How did you export the AMPCD? I am looking at the AMPCD_init.lua and I am not sure what I should do here.

AMPCD_init.lua

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")
dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/MDG_materials.lua")

opacity_sensitive_materials = 
{
MDG_font_name(MDG_SELF_IDS.HI),
MDG_material_name(MDG_SELF_IDS.HI)
}

-- Parameters handling functions
dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/InitParams.lua")

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

purposes      = {render_purpose.GENERAL,
                   render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT,
                   render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT} -- set purposes to draw it always 

shaderLineParamsUpdatable  = true
shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.8
shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.5
shaderLineDrawAsWire 	   = false
shaderLineUseSpecularPass  = true

-- Parameters to customize common symbology properties
writeParameter("MDG_init_specifics", LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/AMPCD/indicator/AMPCD_specifics.lua")
writeParameter("MDG_init_DEFAULT_LEVEL", 8)

-- page specific for the indicator, implements indicator border/FOV
BasePage              = LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Pages/MPD/MPD_base.lua"
-- Cautions/Advisories and MENU label
IndicatorSpecificPage = LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Pages/MPD/CautAdvAndMenuPage.lua"
dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Pages/MPD/MPD_AdvisoriesDefs.lua")
dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Common_init.lua")

try_find_assigned_viewport("AMPCD")

Then create viewport named "AMPCD" in your monitor setup

There is one temporary fix for this problem IF you are not overlaying the viewports.

Change "shaderLineDrawAsWire" to "true" in "MDI_init.lua", which would make the viewports exported looks better when having a black background but not so much if overlaying. This would also mess a bit on the original display (fonts become thinner), but you wont be looking at them once you got the exported display right?

This change can also been apply to RWR and AMPCD.

Use this at your own preference.

Edited by sreventon

nice work fellas :)

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Been exporting A-10C MFD's to 2 small monitors for many years, but can not get export to work for F/A-18C. Downloaded Zeen's new Export.lua and put it in Scripts. Installed his Monitor Configuration file ( with my custom MonitorSetup file) by OvGME and checked that all revised files are indeed in-place. Chose the new MonitorSetup file in game Options. However in the cockpit DDI's are blank and are not exported. Or maybe the blank DDI's are exported, but I have no DDI video. Am I missing a step somewhere? New ViewportHandling.lua???

Been exporting A-10C MFD's to 2 small monitors for many years, but can not get export to work for F/A-18C. Downloaded Zeen's new Export.lua and put it in Scripts. Installed his Monitor Configuration file ( with my custom MonitorSetup file) by OvGME and checked that all revised files are indeed in-place. Chose the new MonitorSetup file in game Options. However in the cockpit DDI's are blank and are not exported. Or maybe the blank DDI's are exported, but I have no DDI video. Am I missing a step somewhere? New ViewportHandling.lua???

see my posts on page 1 and 2

see my posts on page 1 and 2

Got it, thanks! I was under misimpression Zeen's OvGME contained all the needed file modifications. Works now. Made the line width change suggestion, but DDI lines are still a little thin. Very readable, tho and the DDI export is great. Any progress on exporting ALR-67? I looked at its .init.lua file but it has no similarity to the MDI_right_init.lua.

Got it, thanks! I was under misimpression Zeen's OvGME contained all the needed file modifications. Works now. Made the line width change suggestion, but DDI lines are still a little thin. Very readable, tho and the DDI export is great. Any progress on exporting ALR-67? I looked at its .init.lua file but it has no similarity to the MDI_right_init.lua.

Add the following section to "RWR_ALR67_init.lua" somewhere around the "shaderLine" section, and definitely after the "dofile" at the top, then ALR-67 will look for "RWR" viewport

purposes      = {render_purpose.GENERAL,
                   render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT,
                   render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT}

try_find_assigned_viewport("RWR")

Is anyone able to assist in translating this to a simple instruction for those of us not software minded?

+1. Dofile this and dofile that. I'm lost. Is there someone that can share their working and completed lua files? I have Helios working(switches and buttons) but no exports of any kind. Left DDI is blank in cockpit. Would appreciate some help.

This is my set up, As you can see the bottom monitor is 1680 by 1050. I use Monitor 2 (1920x1080) and 4 (1680x1050) for DCS. How do I get the exports to show on monitor 4. I can't seem to position them. I've tried the instructions given, but just can't seem to make this work.

426675461_bandicam2018-06-2113-01-50-910.thumb.jpg.80243849a6571df669a54b8a591006c5.jpg

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!