3840 x 1080 resolution issue

Hey guys,

I currently have the Samsung 49 inch ultra wide monitor that's 3840 x 1080. Everything looks good until I move my head around with the track ir. It will then warp the edges on the monitor and pretty much takes the image out of proportion. Like a cockpit frame on an a10 will look very thick etc. I can provide a screen shot of it'll help.

This only happens in dcs...

Any ideas how to fix this?

• 2 months later...

It's because of the unnatural FoV. I have triple monitors at 5840x1080 and many games do the same thing, including Arma and others. Most stuff is made for standard aspect ratios and the 5.5 to 1 or whatever mine is, and near 4 to 1 of OP's are very much 'not standard'.

-edit, in essence the edges of your monitor are to the sides of your character. Trying to display that across a flat surface is difficult. I initially used three cameras, one per monitor and it made it much worse, because the side monitors were flowing sideways and the center was coming toward me and made me very sick, especially at low altitude... and I'm not normally susceptible to that sort of thing. The single monitor is a compromise but still has ''issues''.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2