new cockpit at night is too dark - no buttons visible

ac5

The new cockpit is great,

BUT.... it is WAY TOO DARK lit at dusk / nighttime.

It was not so with the old cockpit.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Let's hope even with all the cockpit lights maxed out, it is very hard to see most of the dials, Regardless of the gamma setting. With gamma 3.0 it's OK, but everything else is washed out. Other cockpits are pretty much OK.

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

That's pretty much a general DCS problem... Most of the lights don't cast a light, as in it is just a brightly colored texture which doesn't illuminate, also seems like no eye adaptation

I agree, but in the new A-10 Cockpit this issue is even more present.......

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Agreed - and seems light a phenomenal time to implement an in-cockpit flashlight as well (like the F/A-18C Hornet has).

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Indeed... Where is the flashlight? like the F/A-18C AND the F-16 has....

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

I agree. I actually prefer the older cockpit because the lighting was better and much brighter. Hopefully, they will address the lighting issue soon. I was excited to revisit the a10 with the new cockpit, but now it's on the shelf again until the night lighting is functional

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

new cockpit at night is too dark - no buttons visible

At night the new cockpit and outside scenery appears much darker than before.

Floodlight has less to no effect in order to brighten the cockpit inside, buttons and knobs are almost unvisible.

Increasing monitor brightness or gamma doesn't help much as only instruments and HUD getting brighter but buttons and knobs stay in dark.

EDIT: sorry for double posting, this issue has already been adressed just before by webweaver40

2nd EDIT: Just loaded an old stable version (2.5.3.24984 of 12/12/2019): Everything is fine with A-10C Cockpit at night, all controls clearly visible

Edited by wernst

Indeed... Though I would never go back to the old cockpit, as I found the new one far better, I can barely see some of the switches / dials at dusk/ night.

As stated, with the same gamma setting, 2.4, other cockpits are a bit dark too, but OK.

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

I agree. I actually prefer the older cockpit because the lighting was better and much brighter.

I tried the old (stable version) A-10C NIGHT cockpit and could see how much different it is in comparison to the new one.

Switches and knobs are clearly visible, flood light is functional, no much monitor brightness adjustment needed.

The new cockpit is "nice" to look at but it's almost not usable at night.

I tried the old (stable version) A-10C NIGHT cockpit and could see how much different it is in comparison to the new one.

Switches and knobs are clearly visible, flood light is functional, no much monitor brightness adjustment needed.

The new cockpit is "nice" to look at but it's almost not usable at night.

There you have it ED, so it is not just me.

Something to be looked at in the new year, PLEASE.

Otherwise the new cockpit is FANTASTIC.

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

I agree with this.

I agree too, but as said, in the new A-10 Cockpit this issue is even more present....

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Not seeing an issue here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=223846&stc=1&d=1577471074

Can you provide an example of what you are seeing?

Your image itself is an example. Without tweaking my monitor parameters I can‘t see any knobs or buttons in this image,

but MFCD characters and all other green displays are too bright.

As it is with the new cockpit.

Without tweaking gammas and brightness on my monitor and in DCS options I can‘t see any knobs and buttons as needed for safe control.

After pushing gammas and brightness to extremes knobs and buttons become somehow visible,

but all green displays and characters are then outshined, too bright, almost not readable anymore.

Please learn: I have tested and compared an "old" A-10C night cockpit from a former stable version with the new one.

With the "old" A-10C night cockpit evrything is displayed right as I am used to it. It's also not perfect but at least usable.

In VR they are impossible to read. I'm working on a solution now. The dds files are done differently that the old model but I think I have it figured out. I was able to clean them up and make them legible but was having some issues with the alpha layer. I messaged Elliott88 (who made the font mod for the old A-10c) but he has not responded. Fingers crossed...

I'm Using Calibrated Screens and I can see the knobs and switches fine in game and in the screenshot.

if you cant see knobs and switches but the Displays are too bright, then the Brightness/Contrast on your Screen is off, by ALOT.

Further Tweaks to lighting are coming as well.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The lighting is definitely off but for me not that bad...at night I mean. Other than that crystal clear here. I wish it was multi touch friendly though as I'm on a 42" touch screen and although most buttons work well, toggles are all over the place. Better touch response on the cdu keyboard panel would be nice or some way to macro the use of your own keyboard. I loving the clarity now though. Makes going from the F16, F18 to the A10 a lot more enjoyable:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

I'm Using Calibrated Screens . . .

. . . then the Brightness/Contrast on your Screen is off, by ALOT.

My only comment is:

Why could I see all controls of the former night cockpit pretty well on my good old non calibrated screen?

Why did I see all controls of the former night cockpit pretty well even with B/C "off by ALOT"?

My conclusion:

Nothing has changed here with my hardware and settings. Only the cockpit design has been updated by software.

And, I'm obviously not the only one who has issues with the latest A-10C update.

I doesn't help that somebody is reporting "I'm fine with it" while others have bad cards.

Somebody might own a highly professional monitor which is needed to enjoy the new cockpit at night.

I only have an EIZO FS2333 which is obviously not suited for some DCS updates.

I'm working on rolling back the new cockpit update. This update was well meant but not well done.

It sure looks nice, but is not perfect in every sense, e.g. functionality.

Seems likely that NineLine is probably using the internal build, rather than what we are using. BigNewy addressed this in another thread, regarding the new A10C pit:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4154963&postcount=13

My view of the new pit looks nothing like that, even in the daylight, in terms of clarity. Let’s wait until the next public openbeta update is released, for a relevant comparison folks.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria