Wish List

Boneski

*Realistic taxiing procedures,

*realistic atc,

*realistic navigation and ILS procedures,

*reliastic and dynamic weather, turbulances, wind noise,

*realistic in-cockpit noise differentiated for every aircraft (flaps always opened and retracted with the same sound in every aircraft in LO),

*realistic air traffic,

*realistic and live cities

*realistic reality afterall:) :P

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Small Elements Are Missing From Combat Flight Sims?

That really necessary for FULLY INVOLVEMENT.

1. some AI aircrafts flying, from time to time, traffic patterns/touch and go, at airbases and carrier;

2. AI aircrafts taxing to right parking positions on carrier deck (using back motion for fine parking);

3. some random objects (aircrafts, choppers) parked on carried deck, out of AI taxing ways;

4. several random men on carried deck, out of AI taxing ways;

5. player's aircraft starting from parking position on carrier deck;

6. AI's aircrafts starting form parking position on carrier deck;

7. some pre-determinated ships formation;

8. carrier lighting always ON;

9. real aircrafts markers (for Su-33: 82,84,86,88,62,64,...);

10. air radar support from carrier;

11. MORE FLEXIBILITY: ED could add an arrestor hook at its Su-25* model, and we'll have a Su-39 with AFM, ready for naval operations, even if it could not be in service in real world. But, this is a sim.

I think these improvements are really small elements, but, as always, like alls ... I'll wait uselessy ...

So, this GREAT SIM, with its potential will be soon put aside for a new title, new engine, new ..., new ...

and in the future we'll have another great sim ... ready to put aside for another new title, new engine ...

and we'll be STILL asking for SAME improvements and SAME enhancements, as always.

Why is so bad work deeply about current sims?

Is't really so offensive for a company share something towards its community?

Some years ago I played OFP. BI politics towards its community is open, but BI sell again its products.

Unfortunately, OFP is not flight sim.

Also... and Lock on has this all ready and it is safe to say that this was the first combat title to have this...

swirl marks visible in the canopy... that's detail!

Hot turn arounds would be cool too... again this could be a realtime cut scene... you taxi to the area that has the stuff setup in a static way... taxi into the box and the cut scene starts... That would be sweet!

This is cool:

To add to this:

The Aircraft in the new sim could be unique objects. Meaning just like in real life... Tail and Side numbers exist for the limited number of aircraft in the database. (They don't need to be real tail numbers but just an ID for the Jet that the database can use as a Key to keep track of it)

For example and F-16D Tail Number 572 / AF85572 would be a Jet in the game (lets say the game was based on a NATO deployment) this jet could be based at a location on the map.

And if the AI is using it, the database keeps track of the hours (even if you are not running the game, the game could use the date you start the game again and do some random work to generate history for the game state)

The Database keeps track of what that tail number is doing... Did the AI take it to the range... Blah blah... where there any AI mishaps?

Also the Human player can get assigned to that jet... so the same tracking system used for the AI can be used to track the players work in the jet.

If you break the jet... it gets coded and that Jet gets marked in the database with a status.

The next big sim should really have limited aircraft for the player’s side.

If the player selects NATO then the drill down starts from there.

The players get assigned a NATO squad and Airbase.

That base has a resources list…. Blah blah blah!

If a non NATO side is selected the same thing should happen.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_fighting_falcon_airframe-1928.html

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

For a leap forward in immersion, new sims (well, and old ones too, with apropiated patches) should support head trackers for different HMDs... specially mine (hehe)! It's so great to "simply" see what is at your head line of sight instead of being confined to the monitor display. So simple in concept and so technically difficult.

I like, too, the idea of being able to walk to the aircraft. Can be done partially with active camera in FS (you can't jump into the cockpit as said earlier in the thread), and combined with the stereoscopic capabilities of the HMD it's just a great little detail.

By the way, new sims should not miss stereoscopic support.

VR powa! :P

Dynamic weather patterns are must for me. Although it was already mentioned.

EAX HD support for sound integrations would be my next choice. Lockon lacks sounds to much... Stereo is old school. Time to get up with the program in this area, that’s my vote.

DX10 exploding particles would be third, but sound is something ED needs to revisit in my view. Sounds are usually the one that gets less attention until you hear it to its full capability. Once you hear it, you would not want to go back to basic stereo basics...If ED still has the mind frame of bringing up a sim that’s up to future generations. Then, sounds needs to be included in this project.

This is my opinion…

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Groove, that's a very good one ;)

What would be nice is a small flyable civilian aircraft, like a Beechcraft or so, to move VIP / intelligence personnel from one base to another. Could be challenging if there are fast jet predators inthe air also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

for more realism and speaking from the ground pounder point of view - human controlled sams, aaa's and other vehicles would make it more interesting - :smartass:

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

Little Things eh?

1. Fire crews that respond to crashes within airfield perimeter.

2. Trees that bend in the wind.

3. Lights that turn on and off randomly in buildings (airport?) occasionally.

4. Rotating Green and White control tower beacon.

5. Coastal Lighthouses that flash proper sequence.

6. Birds

7. Radio Chatter.

:noexpression:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Socket 939, Motherboard Abit AV8, Corsair DDR PC3200 - 4 x 512 MB

ASUS AX800Pro Flashed to X800 XT, Samsung CD/DVDRW, Seagate 2 x SATA 250G RAID, Creative Soundblaster XFi Xtreme music, Trackir 3 Pro, Saitek X52 Pro, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit

A very common one, but Ground AI self awareness.

Units could have an awareness, Dug in, Defensive, Convoy, Offensive that could be set much like the off road, on road, cone etc are now...

Dug in: units wouldn't move, no matter if the four horsemen were descending upon them

Defensive: units could react to attacks upon them, but are tied to defending something

Convoy: units follow roads and tracks unless attacked at which point they scatter and drive erratically for say 2km, then return to the road and carry on - Further to that, I'd like to see some form of path finding ability... If I destry a bridge en-route from a to b, find another route, don't just give up and park next to the destroyed bridge.

Offensive: units push onto their objective engaging the highest threats to them on their way.

What I'd like to see with all of the above are countermeasures.

They could be passive such as cammo nets, or active with which tanks could deploy smoke when I'm bearing down on them with my avenger ;)

I'd like for the visibility of those units to be adjusted too. I've no problem being able to pick out a T80 at 5 miles with my Mav-D seeker head, but I don't think it should be a big black dot in my hud. I can quite often pick out units visually before I see them with my IR seeker... :(

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Better weather effects, ie cloud layers etc, and in particular, cloud decks that don't require a mod to run with a descent frame rate even on a brand new PC 4 years after the game is released.

• Like 1

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

lets hope they do away with the " taregting diamond " as players will then have to use " the eyeball " to find targets or at least make it optional, it would game more realistic and slightly harder

It already is optional - you can set something's destruction as a mission goal - put it in the briefing, but not set it as a target for the player's flight.

No diamond, but if you don't destroy it you fail the mission.

LO does need a better representation of FAC / buddy lasing (for planes that can take advantage of it).

Cheers.

terrain is still too low on details
So true. An Su-25T model has many more polygons than the entire visible terrain. This is ok when you're flying at a certain altitude, but it's painfully visible at lower altitudes ... especially helo-altitude :D

Supposedly, the terrain mesh resolution has been increased, but I haven't seen any pictures to show this.

Also... and Lock on has this all ready and it is safe to say that this was the first combat title to have this...

swirl marks visible in the canopy... that's detail!

Hot turn arounds would be cool too... again this could be a realtime cut scene... you taxi to the area that has the stuff setup in a static way... taxi into the box and the cut scene starts... That would be sweet!

This is cool:

To add to this:

The Aircraft in the new sim could be unique objects. Meaning just like in real life... Tail and Side numbers exist for the limited number of aircraft in the database. (They don't need to be real tail numbers but just an ID for the Jet that the database can use as a Key to keep track of it)

For example and F-16D Tail Number 572 / AF85572 would be a Jet in the game (lets say the game was based on a NATO deployment) this jet could be based at a location on the map.

And if the AI is using it, the database keeps track of the hours (even if you are not running the game, the game could use the date you start the game again and do some random work to generate history for the game state)

The Database keeps track of what that tail number is doing... Did the AI take it to the range... Blah blah... where there any AI mishaps?

Also the Human player can get assigned to that jet... so the same tracking system used for the AI can be used to track the players work in the jet.

If you break the jet... it gets coded and that Jet gets marked in the database with a status.

The next big sim should really have limited aircraft for the player’s side.

If the player selects NATO then the drill down starts from there.

The players get assigned a NATO squad and Airbase.

That base has a resources list…. Blah blah blah!

If a non NATO side is selected the same thing should happen.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_fighting_falcon_airframe-1928.html

I will elaborate this a bit further. That's a damn good point Boneski.

IRL each a/c has a service life accumulated in flight hours- time limited components, engines, propellers, gearboxes, APUs etc. As the operation progresses the wear of gears and bearings increases depending on how you operate your a/c and it's systems. A component could fail if you exceed it's operation limits. That's something that none simulator has implemented yet- a system that records the total time in flight and ground. And if you have ability to monitor it you should be more careful when your a/c or engine gets close to the TBO deadline when you pull 9G's sustained or keep the burner on for ages.

You may say that this is a flight, not a maintenance simulator but IRL flight and maintenance come hand in hand. You can not make a good flight without proper maintenance. And I don't mean a crew of mechanics dissassebling your a/c in the hangar. But a wear factor that progresses with the time that could randomly (with increasing probaility) cause a component to fail would add a great realism. In LO we have pilot wear, pulling high G for a long time make your pilot loose consciousness for few seconds but that's a helluva stress for the a/c as well.

Not to mention helicopters. Do you know how many times I've found steel chips on the Ka-32's gearbox's chip detectors? Hell I even survived an emergency landing last year after the right free-wheel drive colapsed due to lubrication failure (oil nozzle contamination).

Or the MiG-29's RD-33 engine that was a subject of discussion recently- the first series has a TBO of... 300 hours. And quiet often engines have been sent for overhaul before reaching this number. Main reasons- cumbustion chamber wall burns, turbine stator and rotor blades burns, fuel manifold support elements cracks. If there was a wear factor (flight hours and modes of operation accumulation) the F-15 pilots wouldn't complain so much that their plane is underpowered while the MiG drivers would switch to another a/c after they've had a random engine failure like blade destruction for example :D

• Like 1

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

IRL each a/c has a service life accumulated in flight hours- time limited components, engines, propellers, gearboxes, APUs etc. As the operation progresses the wear of gears and bearings increases depending on how you operate your a/c and it's systems. A component could fail if you exceed it's operation limits. That's something that none simulator has implemented yet- a system that records the total time in flight and ground. And if you have ability to monitor it you should be more careful when your a/c or engine gets close to the TBO deadline when you pull 9G's sustained or keep the burner on for ages.

You may say that this is a flight, not a maintenance simulator but IRL flight and maintenance come hand in hand. <snip>

Interesting point which could be implemented in a (dynamic) campaign system. Right now, you only have failures if you specifically configure them in the mission.

* Different burning effects ... if you have a battlefield full of burning vehicles, all the balck smoke columns look the same! How about a bit of variety? Hight, colour, burn time ....

* Weather - LO clouds are the best that i've seen in any sim ... but more types, colours etc

* Airfield clutter ...

* Turnulance

* Comms ... much more like the simulator that can't be named.

* Better ground mesh

* More general clutter on the ground - LO is probably the best, but needs to improve ... walls, fences, hedges, ditches, tall grass, crags ...

* Carrier landings - agreed. Oh and an F-18 as well

* An AI ... rather than an AS!

* AFM (sorry, it just had to be said ...)

So nothing requiring too much development ...