DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

I just watched the VFAT live stream featuring the Corsair.

Can you all stop with the old film filter effect in all your videos and pictures of it, please?

I wanted to really see the what the quality of the external model and textures is.

Perhaps they used those filters, because the textures are not finished yet and they don't want people to jump to flase conclusions. Then again, I'd also love to see it for real :)

Here some images of today ... I'm so glad that they did in fact modeled an Essex carrier :)

UoO1hRL.jpg

d898ozO.jpg

mNRZvOc.jpg

42jOPiY.jpg

8IhI5aA.jpg

2j3t28L.jpg

Hope it gets onto the e-Shop soon :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Noticed it was using the mustang sounds.

Also the prop has the same bad animation where for a frame every now and then it appears to be frozen as the CEII. Looks bad and still exists on the CEII.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

We will release more step by step. This was the very first show guys, definitely not the last!

Sounds are a mix of P-51 and new ones. We're still in process of trying to obtain some raw samples of R-2800. Trying our best in that department. As for the prop, I'm not sure if its actual animation or more of a netcode thing. I know that Dolphin definitely isnt pleased with it either, so will look into that as well hazzer.

Edited by Hiromachi

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

We will release more step by step. This was the very first show guys, definitely not the last!

Sounds are a mix of P-51 and new ones. We're still in process of trying to obtain some raw samples of R-2800. Trying our best in that department. As for the prop, I'm not sure if its actual animation or more of a netcode thing. I know that Dolphin definitely isnt pleased with it either, so will look into that as well hazzer.

Is it going to be looked at for the ceii as well? :)

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Yes, I think so. I know that Dolphin also wanted to take some new experience with landing gear for the CE2.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

We're getting this with an Essex class carrier!!? If you tell me that we're getting an AI Zero, too, then this just became my most anxiuosly awaited flight sim purchase. It was FS 2020, but this just pushed that aside. Maybe, even without the Zero.

We're getting this with an Essex class carrier!!?

Yeah, WIP screenshot from last year: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3631096&postcount=417

Interesting that there is no mention of a WWII Pacific map. You can't have the Corsair and Essex Class carrier without it.

I wonder if this is because one of ED's "secret" maps will be in the Pacific..

Iwo Jima: https://steamdb.info/app/411941/subs/

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I would think the Pacific will be a pretty easy map to model, no?

You know Pacific is quite big part of earth i think right now it is not possible to make such a big map

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I just wish we could have some ballpark release date. My flight simming budget isn't high. I swear, I don't know how some of you afford to buy everything that comes out. I'd like to pick up another module, but if this is right around the corner, I'll hold off. I haven't done carriers in DCS, with all of the years I've owned the sim. And I'm talking since it came out! So, it's time. I'd love to grab the F-18 and the corsair and get into some Naval aviation.

That WIP screenshot is NOT an Essex class carrier. It is a Yorktown class. I am very happy to see the Essex class Bunker Hill though!! Can't wait for this to go live! :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We're getting this with an Essex class carrier!!? If you tell me that we're getting an AI Zero, too, then this just became my most anxiuosly awaited flight sim purchase. It was FS 2020, but this just pushed that aside. Maybe, even without the Zero.

INDEED! :thumbup:

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

You know for sure, that the so called "Flying Bulls" operate a F-4U with the R-2800 P&W engine? See: https://www.flyingbulls.at/en/fleet/chance-vought-f4u-4-corsair - but maybe those are not interested in sharing any information etc. for external usage?

Primary for DCS and other flightsims: i9 12900K@default OC on MSI Z790 Tomahawk (MS-7D91) | 64 GB DDR5-5600 | Asus TUF RTX3090 Gaming OC | 1x 38"@3840x1600 | 1x 27"@2560x1440 | Windows10Pro64

Spoiler

Secondary: i7 11700k@5.1GHz on MSI Z590 Gaming Force MB| 64 GB DDR4-3200 | PowerColor RX6900XTU Red Devil | 1x 32"@2560*1440 + 1x24"@1980*1200 | Windows10Pro64

Backup: i7 6700K@4.8GHz | 64 GB DDR4-2400 | PowerColor RX5700XT Red Devil | SSD-500/1000GB | 1x49" 32:9 Asus X49VQ 3840x1080 | Windows10Pro64

Flightsim Input Devices: VPC: ACE2 Rudder / WarBRD Base / T-50CM2 Base with 50mm ext. / Alpha-R, Mongoos T-50CM, WarBRD and VFX Grip / T-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Sharka-50 + #2 Controle Panel | TM Cougar MFD-Frames| Rift S - Secondary: TM HOTAS WARTHOG/Cougar Throttle+Stick, F-18-Grip | TM TPR Rudder | DelanClip/PS3-CAM IR-Tracker

That WIP screenshot is NOT an Essex class carrier. It is a Yorktown class. I am very happy to see the Essex class Bunker Hill though!! Can't wait for this to go live! :pilotfly:

I thought the Yorktown was an Essex class carrier? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I thought the Yorktown was an Essex class carrier? :huh:

There were two US carriers named Yorktown in WW2. USS Yorktown, CV-5, namesake of the Yorktown class of pre-war aircraft carriers and sunk in the battle of Midway, and the second Essex class carrier USS Yorktown, CV-10. Originally planned as Bon Homme Richard it was renamed to honor the former ship after it was gone.

There were two US carriers named Yorktown in WW2. USS Yorktown, CV-5, namesake of the Yorktown class of pre-war aircraft carriers and sunk in the battle of Midway, and the second Essex class carrier USS Yorktown, CV-10. Originally planned as Bon Homme Richard it was renamed to honor the former ship after it was gone.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. So which one is the one in the WIP screenshot?

Tornado3 small.jpg

Here you go:

On the VFAT second day F4-U1, on the end, appears a japan aircraft. I think that can be one of the AI japan adversaries talk by Leatherneck / M3 team

attachment.php?attachmentid=222679&stc=1&d=1575933748

Tornado3 small.jpg

The carrier shown in the WIP screen shot was of the early Yorktown or Enterprise. The carrier shown in the movie was the USS Bunker Hill, CV-17, which is an Essex class CV and goes with the yellow nose ring and white arrow in the tail of the Corsair in the movie. :thumbup:

Edited by AG-51_Razor
Spelling error

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Not really excited for this map.....yet. The fact that they dodged WWII and made this in modern is rather disappointing.

Hopefully this will be the convertible map, between modern and WWII. Then there is still hope

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria