Cannons underpowered?

Two8nine

Hi all, flown the 15 quite a bit recently, and currently making my way through the Museum Relic campaign.

Really enjoying it, but in a lot of cases I find myself wondering how on earth a target survived.

For example, in the mission with the apache helicopters by the dam, I finished the mission with 0 score, despite (according to the mission log) scoring more than a dozen hits on one apache with the 37mm alone, plus tons of 23mm hits. Also scored a very near hit with the bombs on the same unit. Feel like not many planes should be able to take that kind of punishment.

Very next mission it's the same thing, dumped nearly my entire ammo stock into one Su25 with majority hitting before it went down. Next one I got 5 hits in with the 37mm and it just kept going. (Despite being visibly on fire) Am I wrong in thinking a few 37mm rounds would ruin the day of most aircraft, regardless of era? Earlier in the camp I had no issue with a-10's, which would go down with 1-3 hits -- so was curious if something changed in a recent patch?

It's not just the Apache.

Depends. I shot down an AI insurgent Hip with just 2 short bursts from the L-39ZA's 23mm the other day and she literally went to pieces after the second burst. Maybe there's something wrong with the 15's cannons because the Albie's guns seem to work?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

The helicopter damage models have been broken for many years.

I was very annoyed with it a few years ago, when in the Ka-50 campaign, I would fail to down Mi-24s with a difficult Vikhr shot, only to be subsequently killed by said Mi-24.

I made a bug report and provided tracks in test conditions, shooting at hovering helicopters, some needing two or more Vikhrs to go down.

Seems not much has changed on this front.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat