VR Night/Evening Colors - Mirage 2000? - Can't see

spacefox

Hey guys,

I just got my first two addons for the sim. I got Nevada and Mirage 2000. Now if I am doing a instant mission with take off from Nevada. It is set to evening or is it dusk. It is very hard to see the switches due to Gamma etc. in VR. I did play with gamma, I can make it go dark but then I can not see the switches at all (yes the red glow form cockpit is cool).

If make the Gamma too max - it looks super washed up?

Current Gamma is set to 2.2

Or is there way to make the mission change its time? like I can do in Prepar3d?

Thanks

Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

Just open the mission in the mission editor and change the time of day, or create your own quick mission.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Just open the mission in the mission editor and change the time of day, or create your own quick mission.

Thank - I also just discovered the Flashlight!!! Yep, I dialed down Gamma to 1.7 and flashlight is cool in VR

Have you tried this mod? Not sure if it would improve things at night, but you never know.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303537/

I can not figure out on how to install the mods especially when I am using the tutorial. I even changed the original files - with brightest. Can not tell if it is working.

Even got OvGME installed - it says it is installed but can not be sure if it is working or not.

I have Rift S now

I can not figure out on how to install the mods especially when I am using the tutorial. I even changed the original files - with brightest. Can not tell if it is working.

Even got OvGME installed - it says it is installed but can not be sure if it is working or not.

I have Rift S now

You have to select the custom livery to use it. Go to Options -> Special Tab. Choose the M2000 on the left, and you should see a dropdown for custom liveries:

preview3.jpg

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

You have to select the custom livery to use it. Go to Options -> Special Tab. Choose the M2000 on the left, and you should see a dropdown for custom liveries:

preview3.jpg

Thanks - where exactly did you put the mod files in? and once i get it working - this will apply to training missions also?

Thanks - where exactly did you put the mod files in? and once i get it working - this will apply to training missions also?

I just install it with OvGME. Manually, you can put it in

DCS Install Dir\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Liveries\M-2000C-CPT

or

C:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\M-2000C-CPT

If it shows up as an option in the dropdown, then you installed it correctly. And yes, once you select it in the Special tab, it will always be active.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV