Ideas to m-2000c radar

Bravo One

Hello, sorry for create a new topic, but I didn't found better way.

Well, after playing for a wile on the module, I'm starting to realize some things that could be better on the plane. Idk if that would be unreal or something but u guys will judge.

-I think that, on AA modes, should have a way to lock the target on soft lock, an not with automatic hard lock.

-Should have some way to auto lock (on soft and hard) the closest target even without using AA modes.

-Should Have a horizontal AA mode with 2 bars and 30 degrees azimuth.

-Should have some way to fire a 530 without changes the radar to hardlock automatically, letting the pilot decide when to hardlock the target(if you see, when the hard lock is impossible, the missile can be fire anyway soo its not a must for the launch moment).

-When the radar is just scanning, without any lock, the vertical antenna orientation of the radar is the horizon line. But when the radar have some lock(even soft one) the orientation changes to the nose of the aircraft. Soo if you lost lock when having the aircraft nose up or down, you have to move the antenna to find the target again, and normally this is a very stressful moment. Soo my idea is having a button that changes the orientation of the antenna from horizon to nose, when the radar is on scanning mode, without lock.

I think I forgot something but its ok.

Thx for everything its a a amazing aircraft.

It's a sim, dude. The idea is to be as faithful to the real thing as possible. Unless your suggestions are in the real plane, they won't happen by design.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

Yeah sorry man. The m2k radar doesnt work like that, so none of that is happenin.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hello, sorry for create a new topic, but I didn't found better way.

Well, after playing for a wile on the module, I'm starting to realize some things that could be better on the plane. Idk if that would be unreal or something but u guys will judge.

1-I think that, on AA modes, should have a way to lock the target on soft lock, an not with automatic hard lock.

2-Should have some way to auto lock (on soft and hard) the closest target even without using AA modes.

3-Should Have a horizontal AA mode with 2 bars and 30 degrees azimuth.

4-Should have some way to fire a 530 without changes the radar to hardlock automatically, letting the pilot decide when to hardlock the target(if you see, when the hard lock is impossible, the missile can be fire anyway soo its not a must for the launch moment).

5-When the radar is just scanning, without any lock, the vertical antenna orientation of the radar is the horizon line. But when the radar have some lock(even soft one) the orientation changes to the nose of the aircraft. Soo if you lost lock when having the aircraft nose up or down, you have to move the antenna to find the target again, and normally this is a very stressful moment. Soo my idea is having a button that changes the orientation of the antenna from horizon to nose, when the radar is on scanning mode, without lock.

I think I forgot something but its ok.

Thx for everything its a a amazing aircraft.

1- It’s already doing that, by default your lock from search mode is PID which means TWS

2- There are auto lock modes aiming with the HUD, these are the close combat modes, but this is STT lock only.

3- use PCR to set your search parameters, you can do just that. There are also BAH/ BA2 modes understand 10Nm.

4- Super 530D is LOBL (Lock On Before Launch). You can try to break the lock and the re-lock, but it is difficult to achieve a kill like that.

Overall the radar is under rework, but like people said, it isn’t about what you want but what the real plane do.

I suggest to study a little bit more the manual.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

tenor.gif?itemid=5535712

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Sorry for off topic but can someone explain me differences beteen BAH and BA2?

The difference is the PRF used, I don't remember which is what but one is in HFR and the other is in INT. The answer is in the manual IIRC.

and what no Psic means on hud?

PIC or PSIC (Poursuite Sur Information Continue) is STT lock, NO PSIC means that the radar was not able to lock the target in STT. It can happen when the target is too far or the closing speed is too low.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA