Les Chevaliers du Ciel

Extranajero

Sent to me last night by a friend - the English version of Les Chevaliers du Ciel, called The Aeronauts. Apparently this was on the TV when I was a kid, but I don't remember watching it - I would have loved it....

Obviously there is no Mirage 2000 ;) but there is a lot of footage of the beautiful Mirage III, the simulator and in later episodes we see the 'new' R530 missile and all kinds of interesting things.

I can't make the YouTube preview function work, but this is the link.

Edited by Extranajero

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

I haven't seen the movie, maybe it's worth watching for the Mirage 2000 ?

• 5 weeks later...
And you can even download the black demo Mirage from the beginning of the movie in the user files ;)

Aaaaah, never noticed that ;) I always fly the bare metal Mirage but maybe I could be tempted by that paint scheme ;)

Sky Fighters (as its international movie title is), is actually my favorite aviation movie. I like it much more than Top Gun. The story is pretty shitty (just like Top Gun), but the aviation scenes are absolutly stunning! They did't even use GCI to do them! They had a lot of support by the Armée de l'Air (french air force) and filmed all the flight scenes for real. The AdA even converted a fuel pod to include a professional film camera, so a jet equipped with it could fly next to the airplanes to be filmed and film them. They also reduced restrictions on the minimum distance between aircraft in formation flying just for the movie and the result of all this is just stunning aviation scenes that are way above anything Top Gun had to offer!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The story is completely ridiculous, but who cares. It has Mirages and amazing footage.

"The story is bad"

This is a French movie, what did you expect ? xD We Frenchs can't make good stories :lol:

I love this movie, the scenes are incredible, the musics are beautiful.

Edited by Demongornot

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

Sent to me last night by a friend - the English version of Les Chevaliers du Ciel, called The Aeronauts. Apparently this was on the TV when I was a kid, but I don't remember watching it - I would have loved it....

Obviously there is no Mirage 2000 ;) but there is a lot of footage of the beautiful Mirage III, the simulator and in later episodes we see the 'new' R530 missile and all kinds of interesting things.

I can't make the YouTube preview function work, but this is the link.

Thans for the link! This is not about the more recent movie version, but a television series based on a well known comic book series “Tanguy and Laverdure”

Tanguy_et_Laverdure.jpg

Edited by Vander