iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)  

222 members have voted

1. 1. iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

• Hell yeah!
    • Nah, TouchIR stuff is good enough

Good find guys! That would really be awesome.

I wonder how the performance is, from the methods I tried so far to make iPad as an sec monitor, the performance was pretty lame.

I set it up and it works perfect! got a 800x600 virtual monitor. I don't see a fps impact in the sim. All you do is making you monitor bigger and park the mfd's out of view..and grab that part. you don't need the VNC tool for it.

www.Ipadpit.nl :pilotfly:

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi...can you please explain how to setup TightVNC?

I managed to select my virtual monitor as VGA...but when i press apply, i get error "cant apply settings"...

I am missing something about Tight VNC...

With a bit of playing around I found that I could create a fake display to place the mfcds and cdu on. I got the info from this forum post http://superuser.com/questions/62051/is-there-a-way-to-fake-a-dual-second-monitor

first download install tightVNC http://www.tightvnc.com/download.php

Then download install this demoForge driver http://www.demoforge.com/dfmirage.htm

Right click on desktop and go to Screen resolution then press detect. Hopefully it should detect another monitor that you can force on using vga. You can then extend your desktop onto the new monitor.

I haven't fully tested this method but I got it working on both my main desktop computer and laptop (both using an AMD graphics card).

I was then able to set a-10c and iControl to use the extra space with a bit of trial and error.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

To all....i found this...

"

• install TightVNC
  • install a virtual display driver like this or the one coming with zonescreen
  • extend the Desktop across both displays
  • start TightVNC Server
  • in TightVNC properties go to Display, Sharing area and select 'Full desktop'
  • start vncviewer and connect to localhost
  • scroll to the left/right to your virtual display and you're done"

But how to do this:

In TightVNC properties go to Display, Sharing area and select 'Full desktop'?

** Update 16.05.2011

Still cant extend my display to virtual monitor..Any help would be appriciated..When i set my second monitor, and try to select "Extend to dekstops" and hit apply i get error message "Could not setup displays"

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Please post instruction how to set up virual monitor

please...please

With a bit of playing around I found that I could create a fake display to place the mfcds and cdu on. I got the info from this forum post http://superuser.com/questions/62051/is-there-a-way-to-fake-a-dual-second-monitor

first download install tightVNC http://www.tightvnc.com/download.php

Then download install this demoForge driver http://www.demoforge.com/dfmirage.htm

Right click on desktop and go to Screen resolution then press detect. Hopefully it should detect another monitor that you can force on using vga. You can then extend your desktop onto the new monitor.

I haven't fully tested this method but I got it working on both my main desktop computer and laptop (both using an AMD graphics card).

I was then able to set a-10c and iControl to use the extra space with a bit of trial and error.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Just a ittle info from my side, maybe it's helpful for others as well. I did not install any remote control software nor additional drivers. Just a plain nvidia card with two dvi outputs running on windows 7.

Via right click on desktop -> choose "Screen resolution" (or something like that - I don't own an english windows). Now in the top row where the little monitors are displayed select "detect". At least one additional device should be displayed there now. Set it to VGA and 800x600 (least performance loss I guess) and you're done.

Now you can follow the procedures to extend the iControl DCS server window to stretch to your virtual desktop manually.

MFDs need a little finessing to fit

Great app! I've found it very intuitive, but have encountered one thing that's more a picky thing, as it doesn't impact performance in any way.

Wherever I put my MFCDs, and save and update the MFD screens on the Ipad show the image as being off, i.e. the maverick pages' button MFD button identifiers are missing/cut-off, although the switches work just fine, and I can see a quarter inch or so of my desktop in the upper part of the display.

Any ideas how to get those babies to line up correctly?

Thanks a bunch,

Peter

Any ideas how to get those babies to line up correctly?

Take a look at your screen resolution settings in windows (right click desktop, screen resolution, etc)

If you've got multiple,monitors, do the tops all line up? You can click and drag them around to reorder and rearrange them. I'm not sure how DCS will behave if the tops arent all lined up. Hope that helps.

If not, feel free to email me at the support email address shown on bit-shift.com. If you could include screensots of your display properties, icontrol config, and how it displays on the ipad, that might also help get to the bottom.

Edited by boarder2

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Does Touch IR+ require AutoHotKey?

Yes.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Can't help you with that, old iPad 1 here.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

You can just install the autohotkey plugin in the touch ir app "setting menu/tools/upgrade" (on the Ipad) Don't see why this should be different on the ipad2?

I know but it shows no buttons. Just orange boxes and white letters and numbers.

W7 x64, i7 965, Rampage II Extreme, GTX480, 6GB Corsair 1866 cl7

Hello,

I'm totally new to DCS games series and I'm just curious how does the server side of this software work (from the point of view of a developper). Does DCS provide an SDK which allows to read all the information from the game and the distribute it via the network ?

cheers,

Tex

Hello,

I'm totally new to DCS games series and I'm just curious how does the server side of this software work (from the point of view of a developper). Does DCS provide an SDK which allows to read all the information from the game and the distribute it via the network ?

cheers,

Tex

Yes, to an extent. Its not documented and you have to do a lot of leg work yourself.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

so it does not use touch ir ?

iControl DCS does not use Touch IR, that is correct. All values are sent directly to the simulator through the server. It does not fake key presses, or require key bindings to be remapped.

iControl DCS does not use Touch IR, that is correct. All values are sent directly to the simulator through the server. It does not fake key presses, or require key bindings to be remapped.

ok. After a quick search I suppose it uses the PCIP.

ok. After a quick search I suppose it uses the PCIP.

The ipad client connects to server software on the PC using tcpip.

ok. The server/client part is clear to me.

I was trying to find out more about the server/game communication.

Local UDP sockets.

I'm confused now :) Does your server.exe also comunicate with the game using UDP ??

Sim <-- Local UDP --> Server <-- TCP/IP --> Client