New to game HELP with simple mission creating

Hello people,

Im new to DCS world and im struggling with the mission editor. I have F14 module which is fantastic.

I would like to make a mission in which Im a single aircraft on a normal patrol with way points.

which i can do.

the problem i have is that i want too have a 25% chance that i will encounter an enemy aircraft and also that enemy there is a 25% chance that it will engage me, im not sure even if this is possible?

any advice would be great.

many thanks

To set up a chance encounter or randomly generate any number of groups you can use a random group activate trigger. Click on the "set rules for trigger" icon (highlighted blue in pic) to bring up trigger screen. Select "New" in each column and choose mission start in 1st, random and desired % in 2nd, and group activate and who you want to activate in 3rd column.

Not sure how to set up random chance of attacking although I imagine it could be done. Its better to post this type of question in mission editor sub-forum where mission makers lurk. Maybe a moderator could move this there, hint hint.

Screen_190711_205645.thumb.png.554ba3283d1b9ead4591212825a03ab0.png

Edited by cthulhu68

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_mission_editor

Give this a quick read. At least the first few chapters. It will make things much clearer.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro