Recorder

Salty

Is there any plans to implement the airborne video tape recorder? Having this feature would be a great implementation and would give us tons of more ideas for videos/pictures. Screen_190714_222615.png

That was some of the best flying I've seen to date...right up to the part where you got killed

Huh really you can't just record you screen ? It's way better than the real life video recording from the old tape on these jets.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Huh really you can't just record you screen ? It's way better than the real life video recording from the old tape on these jets.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I can but that defeats the purpose this recorder, why I'm interested in this is because it can be used as the video exporter for the lantern you can record that screen and that screen only which is nice for videos, training etc

That was some of the best flying I've seen to date...right up to the part where you got killed

All Lantirn related screens are fully exportable (and can thus be recorded separately). The tape recorder as such probably is not really "worth the effort", as this might be maybe better placed into the TARPS later on. Unfortunately time is always limited, but in any case, we will keep it in the back of our minds. Thank you for your suggestion.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I assume the Tomcat has a HUD only view. (LCTRL + F1 IIRC)

Which does what it says on the tin, it's a camera angle of what you'd see if the cockpit wasn't there, with the HUD projected on top. So there are a few extra steps, but you could get that video with the following steps:

-Fly mission as normal (record via OBS, fraps, etc if desired)

-Save the Track file

-Run the track file back, go to Hud only view and record again.

Alternately, it may also be possible to edit the track file to be in the HUD only view, and then use the AVI record function DCS offers, which I see was recently updated.