Suncom SFS and Talon restoration and mods - Page 59 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-10-2019, 05:56 PM   #581
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by mungo13 View Post
I am aware that HAT uses 4 buttons, just my suncom under (both?) "hats" has cross-shaped groove for the HAT's shaft that prevents it from pressing 2 buttons at a time. At least china-hat is alike.

http://theseger.com/projects/2014/04...old-joysticks/

Last edited by Sokol1_br; 07-10-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #582
mungo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1_br View Post
I know
As I am still making plans for this project I even hit one little nasty hole: As a collector item these joysticks are not cheap anymore. Thus comes little devil with question: "Do you really want to touch your one and cut down its value? When it is closer and closer to the new grip made by Virpil(?) "

Thus I am even playing with idea to use the grip parts to make a form and cast a resin copy (although modified and not 100% exact one) and use it for the whole project. I'll see

Couple of years ago I barely missed a chance to buy a whole Suncom HOTAS set for cheap. I was quite unhappy that time, now I try not to even think about it

On the other hand, I bought once my 2nd MS Sidewinder FF2 (so I have 2 now), it was a dust collector and now I am happy that I did it.
mungo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:49 AM   #583
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Collect? I have 4 or 5 Suncom - one I buy (used), others donated, soon or latter they will end in "recycle bin".

Leave the HAT as 4 way. 8 ways HAT are useful back in time when flight games cockpit don't have 3D and are need use snap views.

IMHO - Use a HAT diagonal for some command is not practical because sometimes one of two buttons necessary for generate the diagonal is pressed before and the result is not what is expected.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:02 AM   #584
mungo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1_br View Post
Collect? I have 4 or 5 Suncom - one I buy (used), others donated, soon or latter they will end in "recycle bin".

Leave the HAT as 4 way. 8 ways HAT are useful back in time when flight games cockpit don't have 3D and are need use snap views.

IMHO - Use a HAT diagonal for some command is not practical because sometimes one of two buttons necessary for generate the diagonal is pressed before and the result is not what is expected.
Well, some prices on E-bay were not that low.

4/8-way: I know. I was just trying to set it in Il-2 BOS to some view commands and I suffered in attempts to make correct double-press. Most of the time instead of 45 degree 2-button press I got 0 or 90 degree single ones. As I have TrackIR and TM TWCS Throttle with 8-way HAT this is not an issue. It is better idea to modify thumb button into 4-way HAT as on real grip. That will be much more useful.
mungo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #585
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mungo13
Well, I am still thinking about making box similar to real F-15 that would be used for the main PCB. It would also serve as an extension. Thus internal space would not be a problem.
"Extension box".

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/upload...f22bee3705.jpg

Tags
hotas, sfs, suncom, talon