[DCS BUG] F14 faulty radar tracking & guiding AIM54

Skyron

Hello and Goodevening!

After a lots of tests, i noticed that, the behavior of the AIM54, is much more faulty , than if it guides by the radar.

In example, if i keep tracking the hostile AC, the AIM54 is more likely to miss.

If you FOX3 and break away, the missle is more likely to hit.

It looks like the radar instead of helping, is making the shot much worse.

Also, the same thing is happening with chaff countermeasures.

If you track the target , while in FOX 3 , and the target countermeasures, the missle is going to track the CHAFFs, and will surelly miss. BUT, if you FOX3 and break away the missle, will most times behave much better at target tracking.

This doesn't sounds like very normal. it should be the opposite.

Thanks!

Edited by IronMike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since the last patch, I have seen some erratic -54 behavior at Launch in TWS and P-STT, Ive seen a spiral shot at 40 miles, not the normal max alt.

New hotness: I7 8700k 4.7ghz, Crucial Ballistix 32gb ddr4, EVGA RTX2080 Super, TM Warthog, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 6700 ~3.2GHZ, 32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX1080 TM Warthog. Rift CV1.

• 1 month later...

The guidance is currently bugged, however what you experience is not the radar making it worse;

So this is what happens: if you guide it to pitbull the missile will behave as intended and loft. It will then go active at around 7nm and make a sharp turn for the target (this is a WIP item until we get access so that we can change its guidance to as it should be irl, means going active about half way to target). This compromise for now (which is basically the same as aim120s are guided) leads to some misses due to the hard bleed at the end of its intercept.

However, and that is the bug I mentioned, if you launch a phoenix currently it is always active off the rails, with the slight difference that if you do not guide it to its intended pitbull, the missile will not loft but guide a pure pursuit straight for the target. This ofc eliminates the heavy energy bleeding pull at the end, which is why you probably see it hit more likely.

We have brought this issue to ED's attention, as we have zero access atm to missile guidance.

Thank you for reporting it!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 weeks later...