AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great update RAZBAM and ED thumbup.gif

Harrier is very smooth in VR now and a real blast to fly. Brakes are spot on, STO stop now slides instead of notching up and down, and the nozzles don't move unless the engine is running smile.gif

The detail on the Harrier is fantastic, even the Aux air doors behaviour is spot on. It's the little details that make a whole world of difference when immersion is concerned, and so far the Harrier oozes class in this respect. Beautiful module......

1.5.8 is looking great from my end.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Spawning with engines running seems to mitigate this a bit.

Yes but what´s the fun of a hot Harrier? XDDD

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Stupid question in between for those in the know about the Harrier:

As the aircraft "knows" how much fuel it has left and what weapons are still aboard, can we look up the actual weight of our ride on some MPCD-subpage (now or still to be implemented) , so that when coming home from a mission a mathematically challenged person like me can quickly check if it´s worth to try a vertical landing ?

Stupid question in between for those in the know about the Harrier:

As the aircraft "knows" how much fuel it has left and what weapons are still aboard, can we look up the actual weight of our ride on some MPCD-subpage (now or still to be implemented) , so that when coming home from a mission a mathematically challenged person like me can quickly check if it´s worth to try a vertical landing ?

The VREST page, but that one is not available right now.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

After the Hotfix now its impossible to spawn in a moving Tarawa.

The Harrier slips to the end of the ship. This was not happening before the Hotfix.

So the easy fix for this, is disengage your parking brake as soon as you spawn in. It seems even though the handle position is "set" it's not holding once you spawn in. As soon as you unlock it, you don't move.

Not idea, but an easy fix for the time being

Edited by Sport

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

How to activate the release flare (key combination) if i take off from the runway...and then fly.. (hot start from runwey).

If I set the aircraft already in flight. I use the key 7. And everything works. Flare fly out.

When I take off from the runway.. fly.. and use the key 7 no.

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Need help I cant find nose wheel steering that or just steering keyboard binding listI have slowly gone down list till bug eyed thus I can't steer this thing so I can bind it to HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Need help I cant find nose wheel steering that or just steering keyboard binding listI have slowly gone down list till bug eyed thus I can't steer this thing so I can bind it to HOTAS
That question has been answered so many times in this very thread. Search your controls for NWS.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Performance is much better now!

Performance in VR too is now great as far as I can see. Cool update.

• Like 1

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

Hi

After the start up procedure i noticed that the JPTL and the EFC advisory lights are lit. At least the jptl i don't understand as i can click on the JPTL swith as often as i want and put it into any position i want, it doesn't go off. Is this a bug or am i missing something?

Hi

After the start up procedure i noticed that the JPTL and the EFC advisory lights are lit. At least the jptl i don't understand as i can click on the JPTL swith as often as i want and put it into any position i want, it doesn't go off. Is this a bug or am i missing something?

Turn on the Digital Engine Control System (DECS), should make it disappear.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having some trouble with the mavericks. I can take off and fly using my navigation to a waypoint.

I set up some trucks in a grass field and tried to use the Maverick. I have the sensor select switch on my warthog stick bound to aft, forward and right. Pressing aft twice gives me the dmt.

I then use the grey nob position switch for the slew on the dmt and on the mavericks. My question is regarding tdc action/down. If I'm on the dmt when I press the 5 way switch down it designates the target mark on the tv as a square. Press sensor select forward and then uncage Maverick. I see the Maverick sensor.

Now I can sweep left and right with the mavericks sensor with tdc left and right but I'm confused on the tdc down action. I expect when I press dtc down to have it slew downwards but it's also named action so I'm confused. If I bind the tdc action toggle to the down function of the tdc, can I no longer slew downwards?

Then how do I have it lock on a target? Should I assign another button to the tdc action toggle? Just curious how other people are doing it. I've watched jabber's Maverick tutorial and he mentions tdc down to lock the target. But won't that slew the Maverick downwards ?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Having some trouble with the mavericks. I can take off and fly using my navigation to a waypoint.

I set up some trucks in a grass field and tried to use the Maverick. I have the sensor select switch on my warthog stick bound to aft, forward and right. Pressing aft twice gives me the dmt.

I then use the grey nob position switch for the slew on the dmt and on the mavericks. My question is regarding tdc action/down. If I'm on the dmt when I press the 5 way switch down it designates the target mark on the tv as a square. Press sensor select forward and then uncage Maverick. I see the Maverick sensor.

Now I can sweep left and right with the mavericks sensor with tdc left and right but I'm confused on the tdc down action. I expect when I press dtc down to have it slew downwards but it's also named action so I'm confused. If I bind the tdc action toggle to the down function of the tdc, can I no longer slew downwards?

Then how do I have it lock on a target? Should I assign another button to the tdc action toggle? Just curious how other people are doing it. I've watched jabber's Maverick tutorial and he mentions tdc down to lock the target. But won't that slew the Maverick downwards ?

The TDC has 5 positions; forward, left, right, aft, and down. The first 4 are the ones that will move you sensor, the TDC down (action) is like clicking the hat switch in and that is what will select your target.

The TDC has 5 positions; forward, left, right, aft, and down. The first 4 are the ones that will move you sensor, the TDC down (action) is like clicking the hat switch in and that is what will select your target.
Ok thank you for the explanation. So I need to bind the slew down to tdc aft. Then the click function of the grey hat switch to tdc down action. I was confused because I would see it slew left and right and up but when pulling it back it was not slewing down. I had the aft function assigned to the click I think.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

hotfix is already out

Update 2017-12-01

DCS 1.5.8.12265 Hotfix 1

UI background music will not play in multiplayer game.

Crash with spawn of four AV-8BNA on Tarava - fixed.

Сrash caused by deactivation of the ship which has AV-8BNA on it fixed.

Crash caused by addition of the ship route on F10 map was fixed.

The textures of 3D models in the encyclopedia restored.

The crash with flight.dll that appears after some player helicopter actions on the FARP is fixed.

MP. Shelling zone trigger will be visible to clients.

UH-1H. Corrected animation of a stick cargo button.

ME. The next route leg will not be go off the road when moved the previous route waypoint.

Just now able to test with this, and performance has been fixed for me.

Extreme visibility range, full trees and grass. Back to fairly stable 60fps in cockpit, just like all the other aircraft :)

Thank you Razbam and ED.

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

Great work Razbam, have thoroughly enjoyed my time in the harrier so far!!

I do have a question though: can the sun visor have an option to be completely removed? I know the partual blocking is for immersion and can be a handy feature but being still stuck in 2d and using some upscaling trickery with my monitor, it turns out looking rather unsightly zoomed out in cockpit. Im finding myself using much smaller fov to get around its greyish bar. Id like to be able to enjoy this gorgeous cockpit in its full unobstructed glory lol!!! :):pilotfly:

Hi,

Shouldn't the NAVFLIR project a green image on the HUD, instead of BW? I bet HUD projector is not color... Also, the image is totally solid, and should be translucid. I don't know if RAZBAM has intention to improve it, but I hope so.

Regards!

AFAIK Zeus already addressed this issue. If i remember correctly it is an dcs-issue and simply a momentarily limitation of the game, but should be fixed along the way

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H