VR FPS (2.5.1.16543.355)

Flighter

I have the rift too. Now just waiting on Google to release their headset they partnered with LG..who knows when.

Visuals at least in my opinion are improved quite a bit, looks much better and I find the colors better too, pops more. Cockpit instruments are way way easier to read. Visually I am very happy with it, software is annoying but not a deal breaker for me. Tracking is fine as long as you have light. The occulus is in the closet now.

Interesting thanks - that increase in resolution for better cockpit instrumentation is what I am after, not really too worried about the tracking as after the initial 'wow' factor I don't bother with any of the controller-tracking type of games any more.

I might make the move over to the Odyssey and wait for the next big step over to Foveated Rendering and much higher res display panels etc.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thanks - that increase in resolution for better cockpit instrumentation is what I am after, not really too worried about the tracking as after the initial 'wow' factor I don't bother with any of the controller-tracking type of games any more.

I might make the move over to the Odyssey and wait for the next big step over to Foveated Rendering and much higher res display panels etc.

Yea I was surprised how much clearer it was, the minute I saw it I was happy that I could see everything much better, and didn't need to mess with settings like I used to on the rift.

The only drawback is performance overall in VR now that deferred shading is on by default, has dropped. Obviously a better resolution lense will require better hardware and dcs is tough on optimizations for VR but steam VR added asw not too long ago. I don't get any stutters or jitters, gameplay is smooth even though I know fps is lower.

I too don't use the motion controllers at all, in fact all I do with it is dcs. You can play rift games via a free software called revive and it works pretty nicely. Takes a bit longer to get the controllers down as the inputs are different.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I noticed this same problem with my Rift after the last update. Does not do this in 2.5 'release' version. So they're not going to fix this!? ED you're killing me here! I've been in heaven the last couple weeks, now it's unplayable.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS X570-PLUS, NVidia RTX 2080, 32GB DDR4 @2400MHz, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Corsair H100i cooler, Oculus Rift S.

Wow the latest patch has turned my VR DCS into a slideshow for me, prior to this patch it was fantastic, is there any way to get the frames back to what we had, whats the recommended settings for a Vive on a 1080 TI, also getting lots of lag drawing in the visuals when looking around on the Vive, this never used to happen.

On the plus side ED are saving me a fortune! Prob half a dozen modules I would be interested in checking out, but not with the current performance of DCS.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow the latest patch has turned my VR DCS into a slideshow for me, prior to this patch it was fantastic, is there any way to get the frames back to what we had, whats the recommended settings for a Vive on a 1080 TI, also getting lots of lag drawing in the visuals when looking around on the Vive, this never used to happen.

You think you've got problems? I have a 1070!

FWIW, I have decided to do the following. Run everything on 2.5.0 with deferred shading off I can manage 90 fps with this...

...except for the F-18, which I'll be running on the open beta in a very cut down way - no way at all I can get 90 fps.

I will not buy anything else that requires > 2.5.0.

Maybe in two years' time hardware will have caught up.

Not wanting to sound paranoid, but I do have to wonder if someone at ED has it in for me ;). Decades (yes, really) I've been waiting for the F-18. The moment it's released is the moment they decide to enforce DS and cut my frame rates in half.

Go to 2.5.0 w/o DS, which is great, but even there they had to leave in a little FAQ you: DAY-GLO trees.

Edited by Hippo
Where do those extra carriage returns come from?

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Otherwise, don't be a 90 fps taleban: use yor ASW and ATW rift features (that are there for a reason), be satisfied of your warped 45 fps (that are smooth enough) and play whatever version of dcs you want, with whatever setting (and all your concrete and not glowing trees).

Otherwise, don't be a 90 fps taleban: use yor ASW and ATW rift features (that are there for a reason), be satisfied of your warped 45 fps (that are smooth enough) and play whatever version of dcs you want, with whatever setting (and all your concrete and not glowing trees).

Curious that you phrase your post in the form of a commandment yet refer to others as "taleban".

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

This is not a "commandment": everyone can play as he wants.

Consider as I've changed my sentence with something like: "otherwise, you could stop to be a 90 fps taleban" etc...

Simply, it does not seem to me a honest advice to say people "don't buy anything else that requires > 2.5.0 otherwise you'll have unplayably low fps in VR" since 1) this is not my personal experience and 2) ED is about to completely stop non-DS rendering and 2.5 stable sooner or later will be updated to last openbeta, so non-DS rendering will become unavailable (unless you switch back to 1.5.8 legacy).

P.S. I play with an overclocked 1070 strix, so your same VGA.

Edited by nessuno0505

This is not a "commandment": everyone can play as he wants.

"use yor ASW and ATW rift features (that are there for a reason)"

"be satisfied of your warped 45 fps (that are smooth enough"

can come across as orders, rather than suggestions

Simply, it does not seem to me a honest advice to say people "don't buy anything else that requires > 2.5.0 otherwise you'll have unplayable low fps in VR"

Maybe, but then, I didn't say that. If you re-read my post you might realise that I didn't advise that anyone do anything, I just stated a solution that I'm happy with for myself.

since 1) this is not my personal experience and 2) ED is about to completely stop non-DS rendering and 2.5 stable sooner or later will be updated to last openbeta, so non-DS rendering will become unavailable (unless you switch back to 1.5.8 legacy).

What I plan to do is stay at 2.5.0 and not update it.

It should be a bit better in VR with a 1080ti but nothing major, you still won't be able to run it all on high. Most of my settings are on high though except shadows, traffic, and like one or two others. Granted I use an odyssey and PD of 1.5, it's completely playable for me in single and multiplayer.

New card installed - EVGA 1080Ti. Interestingly I kept one of my 1070 cards in place, NVIDIA seems to be using that for all the Physics. I also completed the overclocking of my CPU to 5ghz. and set the memory for the XPS mode.

I'm now 170-190 fps in full-screen mode, NON-VR.

90fps with occasional drops to 70 in VR with ASW mode OFF.

(using the Oculus Tray Tool 0.83.1)

This will have to do for now...

Edited by Thudster

(1AF) "THUD" | 55th FS

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

"use yor ASW and ATW rift features (that are there for a reason)"

"be satisfied of your warped 45 fps (that are smooth enough"

can come across as orders, rather than suggestions

I'm sorry, I'm not english mother tongue, it was not my intention to give orders.

I'm sorry, I'm not english mother tongue, it was not my intention to give orders.

No need to apologise, I realise that was not the intention. Your English is infinitely better than my Italian.

You quoted me as saying something that I did not say, so Mr. Spank had to be roused.

Edited by Hippo

New card installed - EVGA 1080Ti. Interestingly I kept one of my 1070 cards in place, NVIDIA seems to be using that for all the Physics. I also completed the overclocking of my CPU to 5ghz. and set the memory for the XPS mode.

I'm now 170-190 fps in full-screen mode.

You're getting 170-190 FPS in VR? I have essentially the same 1080Ti card OC'ed heavily and a CPU running at 4.7ghz (only 16GB RAM though), and I only get about 25-45FPS with the Hornet flying in the Persian Gulf map...

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I'm now 170-190 fps in full-screen mode.

If you ever find yourself with 10 minutes to spare, would you mind running the test I describe here and letting me know what fps you get?

Thanks.

You're getting 170-190 FPS in VR? I have essentially the same 1080Ti card OC'ed heavily and a CPU running at 4.7ghz (only 16GB RAM though), and I only get about 25-45FPS with the Hornet flying in the Persian Gulf map...

Only in Full screen NON-VR Mode.

VR is 90 with drops to 70 on occasion. No lower though.

(1AF) "THUD" | 55th FS

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

What settings and pixel density are you running in VR? I may look to give them a shot to see if I can get something similar in FPS, thanks sir :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Wonder what settings exactly you are using and what pixel density for 90 fps.

Odyssey or rift?

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Please tell us how you get that 90. Post your settings and PD value.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Please tell us how you get that 90. Post your settings and PD value.

I think he means 45 fps (left eye)/45 fps (right eye) ~ 90 fps. Though, if he really means 90 fps, then I'm curious too.

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

Please tell us how you get that 90.

Because of that extra graphics card I reckon?

Interestingly I kept one of my 1070 cards in place, NVIDIA seems to be using that for all the Physics. I also completed the overclocking of my CPU to 5ghz. and set the memory for the XPS mode

In theory DX12 can utilise 2 dissimilar graphics cards to improve performance, but I have never heard of someone actually using that in practice.

In any case, this is something to keep in mind when I buy a new graphics card for the next generation of VR.

Edited by Elysian Angel
typo
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Because of that extra graphics card I reckon?

In theory DX12 can utulise 2 dissimilar graphics cards to improve performance, but I have never heard of someone actually using that in practice.

In any case, this is something to keep in mind when I buy a new graphics card for the next generation of VR.

I doubt it..if he has dual gpu's, VR is not utilizing them, the support for that is up to the developer and dcs is definitely not VR optimized for dual gpu's.

In general, using dual gpu's in VR does not improve latency becuase the tech/software is not there yet. Nvidia is working on a project to utilize this option in the future. Those that have played project cars and elite dangerous in VR with dual gpu's reported poor results either way.

Even with monitors, people have issues running games using SLI or Crossfire.

VR FPS (2.5.1.16543.355)

I’m curious also. I haven’t seen any setup that could consistently hit 90 FPS in VR and Persian Gulf. In Dubai, flying low in congested area with sunlight casting shadows I typically get below 45 (Vive Pro, overclocked 7700k as well as GTX 1080) even with compromised graphic settings. This would mean the rig has to be at least 100% more powerful than my current setup. Sure the 8700 and 1080ti are definitely more powerful than older gen but that huge leap of 100% in power does not quite make sense especially in gaming.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/