APKWS II

Sierra99

Zeus...

"Regarding the APKWS II rockets, their inclusion depends on how complex is defining laser guided missiles. If too complex, then they won't be included. Otherwise I will add them to the weapons suite."

Just out of curiosity if you are able to add the APKWS II rockets for the Harrier is there any chance they will be made available for other aircraft that can carry them?

Specifically the Warthog and Hornet and Super Tucano.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I can’t speak for them, but I think this falls into whatever agreement Razbam and ED get into. Then ED has to add them to that airframe, which they may or may not do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

I can’t speak for them, but I think this falls into whatever agreement Razbam and ED get into. Then ED has to add them to that airframe, which they may or may not do.

Not really the question I was asking...if RAZBAM develops them are they specifclly coded to the Harrier or are they a "DCS Weapon" that can be made available to any aircraft in DCS that uses them?

Another example would be the AGM-65E. It exists in DCS world. Can it be added to the weapons available to the Warthog?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Can it be added to the weapons available to the Warthog?

It could but it will not be. License issues. Case closed on that one.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

It could but it will not be. License issues. Case closed on that one.

This sums it up perfectly and is what I was trying to explain.

It all depends on licensing...sure, Razbam may make an APKWS but if they do, can ED add it to their hog, from a licensing perspective? Maybe, maybe not, but probably not. Same goes for ANY other dev.

As for Razbam stuff that can carry it, like the A29, it’s a different story and we can expect that to work out, barring license complications again (I mean, look at the laser Mav situation with the Warthog)

This is of course all speculative and ED/Razbam can answer this much more accurately than I can.

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

I believe the AGM-65E was listed as one of the weapons to be made available on the Hornet at some point. The real question is whether this is the same AGM-65E as available on the Harrier - or something coded by ED. Just because it's the same weapon doesn't necessarily mean it's the same code.

is there any updates on the APKWS? this is really one of the major reasons why i got the AV8, such an important weapon for Mplayer.

I wouldn’t expect to hear anything soon...there are 2 big questions to answer here:

Is the APKWS going to be developed by ED or Razbam?

If it’s developed by Razbam, how challenging is it to develop?

They have made if clear that if they are to make their own APKWS it will totally depend on how hard it is to make. If it’s too hard we won’t be getting it. Considering it’s a relatively new weapon, especially to the Harrier, it’s wrong to treat it as a “must have” considering the harrier has flown without it for many many years and has lots of other great weapons.

The only reason I can see many desiring the APKWS is to allow to carry more ordinance per sortie. But alas, an A10c or Su-25t it is not, and the APKWS will not make it any closer to those flying armories.

Of course I personally would love to see APKWS implemented in the game, as many aircraft present do use it and it’s a very versatile weapon, but I am not expecting it to do any more than be a nice extra bonus

I wouldn’t expect to hear anything soon...there are 2 big questions to answer here:

Is the APKWS going to be developed by ED or Razbam?

If it’s developed by Razbam, how challenging is it to develop?

They have made if clear that if they are to make their own APKWS it will totally depend on how hard it is to make. If it’s too hard we won’t be getting it. Considering it’s a relatively new weapon, especially to the Harrier, it’s wrong to treat it as a “must have” considering the harrier has flown without it for many many years and has lots of other great weapons.

The only reason I can see many desiring the APKWS is to allow to carry more ordinance per sortie. But alas, an A10c or Su-25t it is not, and the APKWS will not make it any closer to those flying armories.

Of course I personally would love to see APKWS implemented in the game, as many aircraft present do use it and it’s a very versatile weapon, but I am not expecting it to do any more than be a nice extra bonus

From what i gather ED said they wont do it "saw it on hoggit" but i am sure there is a quote that the APKWS wont be coming to the FA18c as its the navy one that is being modeled.

In regards to how easy it is to make, I would say the weapon already in game "S-25L", KH29L, AGM65E all operate in the same way, only thing that needs to be modified the the 3D model and use the Hydra HE M151 FM.

The APKWS should in theory be able to deal with anything up to a T55, so in an online target set, having that much PGMs with that light wight package is significant. most targets are light armor "10mm steel to 30mm aluminium for IFV" and soft skin which the M151 warhead can easily deal with. it is IMO a very huge selling point.

This is the post that sold me on the AV8, sure it was under consideration but technically speaking should be easy to do. I am not sure if the new weapon API allows Lock on after launch, but thats a small technical issue that can be solved down the line

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3136637#post3136637

Edited by sirscorpion

APKWS II

From what i gather ED said they wont do it "saw it on hoggit" but i am sure there is a quote that the APKWS wont be coming to the FA18c as its the navy one that is being modeled.

In regards to how easy it is to make, I would say the weapon already in game "S-25L", KH29L, AGM65E all operate in the same way, only thing that needs to be modified the the 3D model and use the Hydra HE M151 FM.

The APKWS should in theory be able to deal with anything up to a T55, so in an online target set, having that much PGMs with that light wight package is significant. most targets are light armor "10mm steel to 30mm aluminium for IFV" and soft skin which the M151 warhead can easily deal with. it is IMO a very huge selling point.

Oh of course they have the potential to be very effective weapons, hence the reason everyone is chomping at the bit for them, as it would make the Harrier more like the one man weapon of mass destruction like the A10c with its 6 Mavericks and dozens of rockets and bombs, but I am more interested in them from a mission design standpoint, as an APKWS load with bags can give the Harrier much better loiter time, as it has more ordinance and can still carry extra fuel now.

I still think the APKWS shouldn’t be the “REASON” to get a Harrier though, and I won’t be any worse off if we don’t get them as it’s still a very effective A-G platform.

I say if we are going to get them I would expect news on it in a few months...the harrier still needs other things worked on and APKWS may be on the backburner

I still think the APKWS shouldn’t be the “REASON” to get a Harrier though, and I won’t be any worse off if we don’t get them as it’s still a very effective A-G platform.

I say if we are going to get them I would expect news on it in a few months...the harrier still needs other things worked on and APKWS may be on the backburner

I kinda agree with you, the AV8b gets it to the line for me alone. prolly the other selling point for me is the Hot spot tracker "which i heard nothing about so far" and the Aim9 slave and JDAMs" all of which will come in due time but an update on the final cut is always nice.

I think a small update on the planned list for the AV8 will reduce the "finish this first" crowed

• 1 year later...