The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide - If you use mods, you need this.

Ebs

Unpak the file there?

For that one, noticed it saying that it is REPLACING an existing skin. For that, yes, JSGME is the better tool.

From my experience, replacing an existing skin is a non-standard way of doing them. Yes, obviously works, but why not just create a new skin in addition. This is what most skinners do.

For that one, noticed it saying that it is REPLACING an existing skin. For that, yes, JSGME is the better tool.

From my experience, replacing an existing skin is a non-standard way of doing them. Yes, obviously works, but why not just create a new skin in addition. This is what most skinners do.

Ok so we're Back to the original issue...Its not working in JSGME...any tips?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Looking at the files within, something seems like its messed up. Maybe just done in a way I am unfamiliar with.

In any light I was able to get it to work by extracting the "Bazar" folder into my "_Mods" jsgme folder. I ignored the "__MACOSX" folder as something seems wrong there.

I then renamed the "Bazaar" folder to "23d Wing A-10C", This was only for clarification for the name of the mod in JSGME, otherwise JSGME would just report it as "Bazaar".

Final folder structure should look like this: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\_MODS\23d Wing A-10C\Bazar\World\Textures\A-10

Go into that folder and verify the NEXT folder name is "Bazaar". This is needed to direct JSGME where the files it contains needs to go. If that checks out, activate the mod with JSGME and then any mission (or in the mission editor) using the 74th FS skin will now show the 23d Wing A-10C instead.

Good luck

Edited by Shahdoh

Ok and what about description file? Just leave it there? Thanks for the help

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Just got JSGME and I made a mistake by not providing "_MODS" as the desired folder, now it defaults to "MODS". I tried deleting JSGME from my drive, starting from scratch, but it never gives me that initial screen again from where I could enter my "_MODS" folder name. It always goes back to what I did the first time when messing it up, even though I deleted JSGME several times from my C: drive... Is there no preference option that allows me to fix that? Or is that buried inside the Windows registry? Or...?

EDIT: Found it; there was a JSGME ini file in the DCS World directory as well; once I removed that, I was able to start from scratch. :thumbup:

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I’ve tried installing JSGME on my PC but when I run the application file from the downloaded folder I get a message stating that this app can’t run on this PC!

Is this compatible with windows 10 64bit?

Yes it worked for me.

I recently Installed JSGME, But I forgot to remove the few cockpit mods I have enabled before generating the snapshot. Will this be an issue? I know that DCS 1.5 changed the way cockpit mods work, with the drop down menu in the options so I (with my limited modding knowledge) Figure it won't be too much of an issue?

I also noticed I have the option to create another snapshot, so is it worth uninstalling the cockpit mods and making a new snapshot?

Thanks!

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Starway DLC Textures MOD

hi,

I've downloaded the DCL Starway textures MOD and I can't find it in my _MODS file!!! How can I get this done?!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I have! Then inside the unzipped file there are 2 folders containing various folders in which some files are .lua files and many others are still .zip files. Extract those as well in their folder?

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I've just got JSGME and it's not working according to the tutorial on the first page. There is no prompt asking me where the MODS folder is; it defaults to the MODS folder that is included in the JSGME zip package. There is also no prompt asking which DCS install to apply the mod to...as I am running two separate installs....

Forget it! Got it running now... Oversaw one tiny detail ;)

Cheers!

What was that detail?

Could you give me the complete path you created?

Thanks

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I've just got JSGME and it's not working according to the tutorial on the first page. There is no prompt asking me where the MODS folder is; it defaults to the MODS folder that is included in the JSGME zip package. There is also no prompt asking which DCS install to apply the mod to...as I am running two separate installs....

Don't install the whole zip package, ever. Just install/copy the JSGME executable into the desired location, then run it. Then you will get prompted for the Mods folder. JSGME will never prompt you for which version of DCS to modify since it doesn't know about anything but the folder it is installed in.

I just put the exe in each game/sim folder that I plan on Modding. Then I create a desktop shortcut for each installation and name them appropriately. Others put the exe in a separate location and create shortcuts to manage which working directory that it uses for each shortcut. That is a lot of work just to avoid duplication of a single exe.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No folder structure under _MODS

I may have to plead "stupid" but here is my problem:

I have installed JSGME under "C:\Program Files", set "Start in" to "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World" and pointed it to _MODS.

I have executed the "Generate snapshot of game files".

But: I do not see any folder structure created under _MODS, The only things I see under "_MODS" are two empty folders

!BACKUP

!INS-JUN-TLOGS

Edit 28-JUN-2016: I should have read EVERY LINE of the tutorial! Especially the examples defining the subfolder structure under _MODS for the respective mods.

It works like a charm of course.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Glad I found this post. I have DCS 1.5 and DCS 2 and was trying to install JSGME for both and was not having any luck.Works like a charm now that you explained how to do it.

What is considered a mod?

I know some of the things you can add are mods.but what about planes,helis and things like Flaming Cliffs are they considered mods?

I just bought NTTR with the A-10C and the Red Flag Campaign.

You can not download them then install you have to do it from within the game as far as I can see,or am I missing something?

Thanks

AS you can see I am a new to DCS!

Mods = Modifications

Aircraft/Campaigns/other purchased item = Modules =/= Mods

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What is considered a mod?

I know some of the things you can add are mods.but what about planes,helis and things like Flaming Cliffs are they considered mods?

I just bought NTTR with the A-10C and the Red Flag Campaign.

You can not download them then install you have to do it from within the game as far as I can see,or am I missing something?

Official modules that are made by ED (Eagle Dynamics) / TFC (The Fighter Collection) have to be installed with the module manager in the game, yes.

Like you did with the A-10C and Red Flag Campaign. Flaming Cliffs 3 is also an official module just with a lot more planes with different content. Some time ago i bought and installed a new module but as far as I know you will get a message before you start the game that there is a new module available to install.

There is a mod section in this forum so you can take a look at all the mods.

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Here is another link where people upload stuff on ED's homepage:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

How do we support multiple instances of DCS? (DCS 1.5, 1.5beta, 2.0...)?

thanks for the help

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig