Volume Fire

MBot

I've not seen something like that yet for small arms, but I know that its all about aiming to target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Groups or ground vehicles now use much more advanced algorithms to determine how the group will distribute its fire power, alter its movement, and change its formation to best react to a target/threat. This has led to much more realistic ground battles in which units behave with intelligence.

Some efforts gone into Ground AI - You can find that page here

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

I would think that the AI cannot really plan ahead like that, but if you happen to come near a group of vehicles that has machine guns you can bet on getting som volume thrown at you ;) Especially as each vehicle can fire their different guns independently now :)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

I would think that the AI cannot really plan ahead like that

I don't see a large problem there, they do already lead. For volume fire to be simulated all they have is to lead some more (but being alot less accurate), then keep firing at that point instead of tracking until the target has passed that point. Voila, you will face walls of fire on your attack runs :)

On another note, are there any new anti-aircraft guns included we haven't yet heard about? Like a 40mm Bofors for Turkey or the S-60?

I don't see a large problem there, they do already lead. For volume fire to be simulated all they have is to lead some more (but being alot less accurate), then keep firing at that point instead of tracking until the target has passed that point. Voila, you will face walls of fire on your attack runs :)

On another note, are there any new anti-aircraft guns included we haven't yet heard about? Like a 40mm Bofors for Turkey or the S-60?

Well I guess it could be implemented, I doubt that it is though, would be exciting though ;)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5