Artificial Intelligence (AI) and multiple missile firing

Kusch

(...)Each ground vehicle can now use multiple types of weapons simultaneously. For example: a tank can now engage other ground vehicles with its main gun while at the same time engaging aircraft and infantry with heavy and light machine guns. This results in a much more realistic engagement process for ground vehicles.(...)

Multiple firing AI aircraft and helo (example: MiG-31, or AH-64 atacked more target at the same time ) be realized in DCS?

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

(...)Each ground vehicle can now use multiple types of weapons simultaneously. For example: a tank can now engage other ground vehicles with its main gun while at the same time engaging aircraft and infantry with heavy and light machine guns. This results in a much more realistic engagement process for ground vehicles.(...)

Means that for the First coupla weeks/months you can have your A#se handed to you in Duplicate by the Pesky Tank you're valiantly trying to chase down..........:P:gun_smilie:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

DCS: AI MiG-31 logic and tactics question - improvements over Lock On

Multiple firing AI aircraft and helo (example: MiG-31, or AH-64 atacked more target at the same time ) be realized in DCS?

I would like to hear answer to this question. AI MiG-31 tactics is horrible in Lock On. Is it being improved? :bash:

This combat aircraft is supposed to maintain supersonic speeds during the entire engagement, and track and engage few enemy aircrafts simultaneously (MiG-31 is a mini-AWACS machine itself). :yes:

None of this behaviour could be found in Lock On. When MiG-31 engages enemies in Lock On, it slows down, descents, and does some very stupid decisions regarding its weapons use. :no_sad:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Don't count on MiG-31 tactics being altered for the first DCS version, after all it is focused on Helicopter A2G combat, not fast mover A2A.

Do however count on it being fixed in later version of DCS, when fast movers are introduced.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Oh agreed, this needs some work. Even the simple issue in Lock On when your A-10 wingmen engage ground targets with Mavs one by one (waiting for the first missile to impact before launching another one). Sure, BS is not about A-10, but it's planned, and anyway there are other units in the game who don't realise that their weapon of choice is actually "fire and forget"...