NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

This is a Missing Texture Issue, Please attached DCS Logs, and if you can ModelViewer2 Logs.

These are the only texture errors in my log since installing the mod, and are from a current run showing the same issue.

2018-11-19 19:38:39.745 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'p-51d_cpt_glass_norm' not found. Asked from 'NGMODEL'

2018-11-19 19:38:44.984 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'uvmapsfueltank_dft150_dft300_spec' not found. Asked from 'NGMODEL'

Still no luck

Sorry Relentov (and the rest of you guys enduring my new-to-the-airplane travails),

I still can't get the thing to start.

I looked for the APU as you instructed. Nothing like that on the panel in front of the throttle. I tried to find an APU start command in the keyboard binds, but there was nothing about an APU.

I tried to get power on (got that), cracked the throttle (Page Up) and ran the start command (RShift Home). The RPM cranked up to about 18%, then rolled back to Zero. Multiple tries, no success.

What am I missing?

Hi Woxof

I've come straight to point 18 of this post and saw your startup problems, here's what I've done so far. Connect exterior power, huffer cart appear on outside, look on the left of the dash to the start switch, press and hold for a few seconds till engine starts cranking when gets to about 15-20% right click throttle once should move out of cut-off, then right click again throttle moves again, hopefully starting.

Chilliblast, ASUS P8-Z77-V Pro, I7 3770K@3-5GHz, 16GB Corsair PC-3 12800 DDR3 @1600MHz, MSi GTX 1080 8GB, Creative SBZ, Logitech LT Z906 5.1, ASUS 24"Monitor 1080 60Hz,120GB SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, Corsair CX 750W PSu, Win 10 Home Prem 64bit, TM Warthog, TM T Flight Pedals. Track IR, Occulus Rift S, Black Shark SA, DCS A-10C SA, All DCS Current Aircraft Modules, DCS 2.5 Stable and Beta.

To Everyone involved in making the A-4 Community Mod.

Congratulations on such a good looking mod, this will make a welcome addition to the test fleet, already test flying and its looking pretty damn good, a welcome addition is the clickable cockpit, some form of flight manual would be helpful when time permits. Again well done!!

Chilliblast, ASUS P8-Z77-V Pro, I7 3770K@3-5GHz, 16GB Corsair PC-3 12800 DDR3 @1600MHz, MSi GTX 1080 8GB, Creative SBZ, Logitech LT Z906 5.1, ASUS 24"Monitor 1080 60Hz,120GB SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, Corsair CX 750W PSu, Win 10 Home Prem 64bit, TM Warthog, TM T Flight Pedals. Track IR, Occulus Rift S, Black Shark SA, DCS A-10C SA, All DCS Current Aircraft Modules, DCS 2.5 Stable and Beta.

Yep, not yet.

When you say "right click on the throttle", exactly where on the throttle should I be clicking? It's a big knob and apparently I'm not clicking where I need to be,

Move your mouse around it until you see a green cursor? then right click.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Woxof You need to click twice on the throttle control. 1 ground power. 2 start engine. 3 clik on Throttle control. 4 on 13 to 15% click again on throttle to bring it to idle. I usually give it a little tap forward til it catches... on 40% disconnect ground power.

Thanks Skate,

Please find attached the dcs log. I don't know where to find the ModelViewer2 Log.

I also noticed this only seems to happen when the canopy is down. When parked and the canopy is open, it all looks normal until you close the canopy again.

Regards

Ok, after some testing, this problem seems to disappear when you select shadows to FLAT in the game settings. If set to LOW MED or HIGH, the glitch returns.

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Hey Eagle Fux,

Put a lid on it. Nothing to contribute except asinine recycled verbiage.

Mixalis just joined and your rude self centered remarks should be left in your basement.

yet it so happens that his post by way of reassurance was a lot more helpful and to the topic than yours.

considering the op took it well, it seems awfully self-centered of you to be mistaking your offended sensibility for that of others.

btw op here is the official a-4 relevant thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224989

Edited by probad

yet it so happens that his post by way of reassurance was a lot more helpful and to the topic than yours.

considering the op took it well, it seems awfully self-centered of you to be mistaking your offended sensibility for that of others.

btw op here is the official a-4 relevant thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224989

Well it happens that it has nothing to do with being self centered, but with basic education and basic politeness of a community.

So the comment is dead on, to show that we are not all rude or self righteous god sent erudites :).

By the way, It might not be "rocket science", yea sure, after being familiar with mods, file trees and other nuisances that might be self evident for veterans, but thanks god we get new people every day and some might have never had to twinkle with file trees or mods before...

Post Release Update #1 – Version 1.01

Hey all, it’s been a crazy 24 hours, hasn’t it! Thank you for all of your feedback, it’s already resulted in several bug fixes as you can see below. While we’re busy getting ready for the Thanksgiving, we’ve managed to get out a few additions and fixes that we hope will improve your experience. More updates will be posted in the coming weeks; however these were a few which we’ve been able to knock out quickly.

Please note, the file structure on the download has changed. To assist everyone in installation, and better support JSGME, we’ve include mods/aircraft/ to the mod folder. Take the “mods” folder and drop it directly into C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha*

*Note: The folder name after “Saved Games” does not matter, as long as it is the DCS folder. If you have multiple, place it into the folder with the name of the DCS version you use.

Please continue to send us bug reports here https://goo.gl/forms/lmpuKQCH8S8QlH0R2

Download v1.01 HERE: https://goo.gl/DXz7XF

Download the paint kit HERE:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wjLMFu38EXqYOcEjJakuvzedhWdbWNW0/view

Changelog

Additions:

- Olive Drab RNZAF Livery

- Smoke Pods added to all pylons

Fixes:

- Missing canopy reflection texture for some users

- Fixed cockpit illumination on the canopy compass which cause it to appear backwards

- 20mm Cannons becoming 7.62mm

- Brazil added to country list (Argentina and NZ aren’t in-game)

- Various texture fixes

ATTENTION - HOTFIX FOR CANOPY GLASS BUG IS NOW AVAILABLE IN OUR DOWNLOADS FOLDER

Edited by Merker

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Cool beans, thank you!!!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

many folks come in to our community, and English is a second language. So I give them plenty of patience and support. (I work at a global company, and encounter this every day).

No worries though, this is a great mod and addition to DCS. Time to rock... I just saw the V1.01 update, and I'm now installing! Woot!

Sorry I hope you don't find this too greedy, but could we have the Fuel tanks also?

Thanks so much again!

Cominng at some point soon, we just wanted to get something out before the holiday :)

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine