Strange stripe in Cockpit - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #11
Schlapperklange

Thanks for the tries to help me, but has nobody a working idea about how to eliminate this stupid line?

It makes the Mig-29 unenjoyable for me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4 x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5
Schlapperklange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:40 PM   #12
Lixma 06

Try this - go into your \Saved Games\Config folder - make a copy/backup of your 'Views' folder and then delete the original. When you restart DCS it should rebuild the folder and files to their original states.

Now hop into the 29 and see if the 'stripe' is gone. If it's gone then you know, approximately, where the problem lies - then it's just a case of narrowing down further.
Lixma 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:15 AM   #13
draconus

When all fails make a copy of \Saved Games\DCS World first, then uninstall DCS and remove all remaining files in \Program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World and \Saved Games\DCS World. Start from there with clean DCS installation, install FC3 and check Mig before restoring anything from a backup.
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #14
Schlapperklange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixma 06 View Post
Try this - go into your \Saved Games\Config folder - make a copy/backup of your 'Views' folder and then delete the original. When you restart DCS it should rebuild the folder and files to their original states.

Now hop into the 29 and see if the 'stripe' is gone. If it's gone then you know, approximately, where the problem lies - then it's just a case of narrowing down further.

That did it! Thanks guys!
The files in the views folder were pretty old, from 2014. Don't know why they aren't updated in the update progress automatically, especially with the release of 2.5... ?

Meet you in the sky. Watch your six!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4 x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5
Schlapperklange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:19 AM   #15
draconus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlapperklange View Post
The files in the views folder were pretty old, from 2014. Don't know why they aren't updated in the update progress automatically, especially with the release of 2.5... ?
Told ya it was your files corrupting things Glad you worked it out.
The update process don't (usually) mess with the user files in Saved Games folder. It was advised to make a new, clean profile after 1.5>2.5 update.
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:38 PM   #16
Lixma 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
It was advised to make a new, clean profile after 1.5>2.5 update.
Yeah...I can't actually remember whether I tried keeping my custom 1.5.x snap-view config files or just let 2.5 do a clean sweep; probably the latter.
Lixma 06 is offline   Reply With Quote