The Hornet module... i Blame ED

Doum76

Well, more or less 5-6 weeks now since the Hornet came out on Open Beta for most of us... I got to blame ED for one thing... Since May 30, i keep buying some VR Games on Oculus Store when those i am interested comes on special. But, because of the Hornet since that « H » Hour/Day, my list of unprogressed VR games also grows up as my new purchased games grows more or less untouched...

The few moments o have to plug on my computer or the long moments :) I just keep sitting my semi-fat ass in my Hornet's virtual reality cockpit. The so many years i've been waiting was worth each days of waiting. So each time i get free time to plug in, well, i either end up going in for some Carrier Trap, Bomb Runs, Refueling or simply « TRY » to go on Air to Air with some AI's. Since my younger age this aircraft made me dream of flying (ok i'm lieng, younger around the 80's, the Tomcat was my fav one and that was because of G I. Joe :) But did the Hornet became my Heavy Metal Sexy Beauty ove in early 90's. (I found back then the Hornet as sexy as the X-Wing) :P

And with all the details ED came up upon on this modules, the constant evolution of the sim's engines, effects, details, lightning effect, speculars, roughmet, got to say in VR, it sorta fill a small dream, in virtual ways.

After 5-6 weeks, i got to say, thanks to all the team, all the reserches, all the talking and paper signing with Boeing. My virtual dream of having a Hornet in DCS since i discovered the Sim in 2010 is finaly here. I was so expecting this module for so long, that's it's one of the first module all the bugs, unemplemented yet system/features doesn'T makes me impatient, because i'm so thankful to be able to fly this bird now in DCS.

ED, this module is the first one, that i can say, makes me sad for going in 2D Graphic design in late 90's, the result of 3D modeling is so awesome now and the potential a competent team with time and lots of efforts, can come upon with.

Thumbs up! :thumbup:

(Enough chit-chatt, now, time to go in for a quick fly before going back to my daily stuff) :pilotfly:

ME: sees thread subject line

ME: [TRIGGERED]

ME: reads post about happy pilot

ME: [/triggered]

great post. I too love flying the hornet. Fighting with it is... well... a WIP, but after a little time in the dogfighting server, it's quite obvious she's going to be a beast in about "two weeks".

yeah - it needs to be said more often for sure but the F-18 has reignited that spark i had back when i first hopped into the Ka50 at its release... the thrill of whats to come is huge and i am seeing people joining DCS in our circle of pilots just because of the great work on the F-18.

Seriously - good job and d*mn you all for keeping me indoors during summer.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Thanks. Good to hear after the day I had yesterday.

The module is amazing. Truly great work to have it this polished for an early access release. It's already better than many flight sims were in their initial general release. You guys are doing a great job fixing things quickly. Excited to see the future releases!

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

ME: sees thread subject line

ME: [TRIGGERED]

ME: reads post about happy pilot

ME: [/triggered]

great post. I too love flying the hornet. Fighting with it is... well... a WIP, but after a little time in the dogfighting server, it's quite obvious she's going to be a beast in about "two weeks".

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does the [_] , [/_] joke. I really thought I was.

Thanks. Good to hear after the day I had yesterday.

I think everyone at VFA-113 feels the same as Boscoh.

Boscoh and I flew Janes F/A-18 in VFA-14 Tophatters back in the late 90s.

We are absolutely blown away at how great the Hornet / Stennis is in multiplayer.

I think yesterday was just the new culture/society where there has to be some big emotive disaster every few weeks. It’s funny to try and guess what the next crisis will be.

Well, more or less 5-6 weeks now since the Hornet came out on Open Beta for most of us... I got to blame ED for one thing... Since May 30, i keep buying some VR Games on Oculus Store when those i am interested comes on special. But, because of the Hornet since that « H » Hour/Day, my list of unprogressed VR games also grows up as my new purchased games grows more or less untouched...

You really should stop spending money on useless junkware and save it up for future DCS modules instead rdlaugh.png

BTW I didn't touch any other module since the Hornet is in EA even though I wanted to try out some things like the AGM-65E, fixed ARAK pipper etc...dealwithit.png

Keep up the good work bringing us a bunch of fixes and some features almost every week - the module doesn't get boring this way at all and there's still so much to look forward to fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I think everyone at VFA-113 feels the same as Boscoh.

Boscoh and I flew Janes F/A-18 in VFA-14 Tophatters back in the late 90s.

We are absolutely blown away at how great the Hornet / Stennis is in multiplayer.

I think yesterday was just the new culture/society where there has to be some big emotive disaster every few weeks. It’s funny to try and guess what the next crisis will be.

While my group does not do specific aircraft like a VFA squadron since I would looking to get a group with people who enjoy more then one aircraft and build a flight sim community myself that does missions. I must say I admire your guys videos on how great they are at showing new pilots proper landing procedures and also how fun DCS World can be. I also admire the dedication you guys have to flying.

DCS F/A-18C Hornet is a huge step forward in my books because or what it introduced having a carrier based aircraft is huge for DCS and now with more aircraft coming I am now more excited to see what is to come with the DCS Future. Yea I would like more 3rd Party Developers but with the Developers we currently have I am very happy with everything all around.

Keep up the great work ED and also all the Flight Sim pilots here who help the developers with helping create bug reports and showing others how to fly certain aircraft.

Thanks

Yeah, I blame ED for forcing me away from Sim Racing, haven't raced in a while. :thumbup::pilotfly:

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

You really should stop spending money on useless junkware and save it up for future DCS modules instead rdlaugh.png

BTW I didn't touch any other module since the Hornet is in EA even though I wanted to try out some things like the AGM-65E, fixed ARAK pipper etc...dealwithit.png

Keep up the good work bringing us a bunch of fixes and some features almost every week - the module doesn't get boring this way at all and there's still so much to look forward to fsgrin.png

I do have quite a few modules, but same here, since the Hornet came out, all the others stays in my hangar, and, i'm afraid, will be for a long time unfortunately. Not way will i ever cheat on this beauty, i'm way too afraid Bitching Betty will start yelling at me for flying something else. :music_whistling:

Yeah, I blame ED for forcing me away from Sim Racing, haven't raced in a while. :thumbup::pilotfly:

yeah they have separated me from arma 3 and car racing games.. blame!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It seems my after work routine, once I get home is...

jump in the bug, and give it a couple launch/traps (during the week). It's on the weekend where I can really explore the F-18 further.

awesome mod!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

You need to learn to control yourselves, not to always blame 3rd party for your life decisions.

… life decisions :bored:, emotional "phugoids" (as Curly would call it) Hey, we are steely eyed and steely nerved sim fighter pilots... now, where am I going with this? :drink:

You need to learn to control yourselves, not to always blame 3rd party for your life decisions.

Sorry my friend, self controls applies when we have beers and boose in front of us, not in the Hornet. ;) :joystick: