Is the carrier too small in DCS?

BoneDust

Could just be my perception but the Stennis looks too small to me when I look at real world videoes, and tour I had of the USS Kennedy years ago.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Could just be my perception but the Stennis looks too small to me when I look at real world videoes, and tour I had of the USS Kennedy years ago.

Depends on how many airplanes are on it. Cell Block 70s deck was GINORMOUS when I was out there with no aircraft, while the Tuna Prize deck was tiny with all those aluminum clouds laying low. The Constipation was...you get the idea.

74 seems about right to me, sitting up high and moving fast. Everything is relative.

As for the videos, someone mentioned Field of View is key. I have a 10mm lens that has about a 90 degree FOV. Objects may be closer than they appear, and may look larger than they are. The FOV in DCS is (I think) adjustable. Find out what a GoPro uses and see if they line up.

you've grown up

Haha...a long time ago bud. :thumbup:

Probably just FOV.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Yeah it is a little short. Can't say if there was a statement that it'd be fixed since I never saw that. Hope its true and hope they use the new ship liveries to add in the other Nimitz class ships.

Screen_181119_201900.thumb.jpg.b98332dd0ae60e46ec05f01c64cae820.jpg

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum