Engine idle/stop button problem - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-14-2015, 08:16 PM   #11
zaelu
Veteran

I almost bang my head against the wall with this... turned out to be a funny human/computer glitch/error

I was with a friend online for my first flight and he was explaining the start up procedure. It was the first time I was getting in the plane. I had just basic set of controls assigned meaning all joystick controls deleted then added just the axes for basic flight and controls for flaps and landing gear.

Obviously... when it came to the moment to unlock the throttle and give gas to the engine... nothing happened.

After several attempts to reassign the commands and after we observed "in horror" that I have also the throttle idle/stop command (assignable only to joystick) and he (my friend) didn't (he has the module from before the patch, me from today) I had an idea...

Let me check my throttle axis if is not by default... inverted. I just check inverted in axis tune and... presto! It works flawlessly now.

lol
Old 05-13-2018, 08:34 PM   #12
retired_old_sarge

I have restarted numerous times, even set the Engine Throttle Idle position (R ALT+HOME) TO MY to my X52 stick.
Nothing seems to work to get it to go to idle when starting it in the start up.
I am new to the L-39 and have been trying to learn the start up threw the start up in the INSTANT ACTION/ L39 C / Cold Start and it does not work there.. Neither the Keyboard or the hotas button does not set it to idle... I cannot mouse click the throttle either..

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it??
retired_old_sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:28 AM   #13
retired_old_sarge

I am having this problem also. I know this is a old post and hopefully someone will check it. I Have upgraded to the 2.5.something and have the Kursant Campaign installed. I also purchased the L-39 Albatros. I cannot get the throttle to move to the idle position when I try to start it. The RAlt+Home button is not working. I have tried to bind it to my stick X52 Pro and still cannot get it to move to the Idle when trying to do a cold start. I have also tried different buttons such as RALT+Pageup etc. and nothing seems to be working on it.

Is anyone else still having a problem with this and how did you fix it?
Old 05-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #14
Dr_Arrow

Yeah, seems like a bug, I've only fixed it by assigning separate controls. This means one key for engine Engine stop and a second key for Engine IDLE. The Toggle doesn't work.
Dr_Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:29 AM   #15
Svsmokey

I only bind the "engine idle" to a joystick button since I accidentally hit the previously-bound "engine off" button about 2 miles out on final Batumi . (Sigh) I use the fuel cutoff lever to kill the engine now !

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:47 AM   #16
retired_old_sarge

Has anyone had luck getting it set with the X52 PRO throttle... I have tried so many different things I am forgetting what I havent tried... I even tried changing it to different keys and a button on my OLDER x52
Old 05-20-2018, 08:52 AM   #17
Redglyph

Also, the IDLE key doesn't work right after you start a mission, I found out you had to move the throttle firtst.

Currently, the throttle internal state is maxed out when you start, and before you touch any of your controls, no matter where your actual throttle control is. So if you start a mission on the runway, it will start to spool up and roll unless you quickly touch the throttle control. And perhaps the throttle must be low before the idle is taken into account, that would explain the problem.

It may also depend on how finished the previous mission, there are remnants from the previous overall module state.

Very old bug, the initial state that fails to read the controllers on mission start.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:39 PM   #18
Svsmokey

Re X-52 probs , I hope you guys are using the DCS binds & not the Saitek programming , which I found very flakey . I also once experienced a similar problem to that discussed here because on mission start I did not have the throttle all the way back . Finally , you may wish to recalibrate your throttle leaving a tiny bit of travel unused , to ensure the it has room for the "idle cutoff" and afterburner functions (If needed) .

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:44 PM   #19
tbaac

I had a similar problem with a CH Pro Throttle. When I 'tuned' the throttle/trust axis in DCS Controls I saw that it never fully went back to zero. So, I had to set a null bit at the end (I ended up using saturation for this I think).
tbaac is offline   Reply With Quote