Training - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-15-2018, 11:57 PM   #11
CHRISXTR3M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rephiled View Post
what is the time frame for training missions I purchased this today not knowing there was no training missions as per Detail tab on purchase page of DCS

I'm so sorry you bought this...wish you had asked us if it was a good idea to purchase...
CHRISXTR3M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:00 AM   #12
CHRISXTR3M3

Quote:
I tried L-39 but I don't speak Russian and there is no English translation I also don't like to have to read subtitles, thus its not interactive just a waste of money

If you go to settings (the cog wheel icon) in the main menu and then go to special tab and select L-39C from the list on the left I believe you can switch the language and units of measurement. I will double check this as I am at work and going off memory here.

*EDIT*: L-39 is a very valuable tool and you can have another person flying with you in the 2nd seat in online session as a true trainer. So, I believe once you we get your language and avionics settings set properly you'll re-evaluate which trainer is the real "not interactive...waste of money.."

Here is a real L-39 pilot using DCS version and doing Start-up, taxi, and take-off. He has English cockpit as you can see, so we can get you the English cockpit as well.

Last edited by CHRISXTR3M3; 05-16-2018 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:18 PM   #13
rephiled

[QUOTE=CHRISXTR3M3;3485269]If you go to settings (the cog wheel icon) in the main menu and then go to special tab and select L-39C from the list on the left I believe you can switch the language and units of measurement. I will double check this as I am at work and going off memory here.

*EDIT*: L-39 is a very valuable tool and you can have another person flying with you in the 2nd seat in online session as a true trainer. So, I believe once you we get your language and avionics settings set properly you'll re-evaluate which trainer is the real "not interactive...waste of money.."

Here is a real L-39 pilot using DCS version and doing Start-up, taxi, and take-off. He has English cockpit as you can see, so we can get you the English cockpit as well.

I have English cockpit but all spoken words, tower, and trainer are in Russian that's what I don't want. If it was English I would love to use it. Had it said on the purchase page the language was only Russian I would not have got it
rephiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:41 AM   #14
MadDog-IC
ED Testers Team

Quote:

I have English cockpit but all spoken words, tower, and trainer are in Russian that's what I don't want. If it was English I would love to use it. Had it said on the purchase page the language was only Russian I would not have got it
I am not understanding how you seem to be the only one with this issue, help me understand so I might be able to help you better.
  1. Airport ATC calls in full Russian accent and meaning, not just Russian accented english (This is by design of DCS and only minor annoyance, to me anyway)
  2. If you play the training that is supplied by default when you purchase the L-39, Then you are correct that it will only play with full Russian accent and meaning (There are no English version of Voices available), I find this disappointing also.
  3. If you purchase the L-39 DLC (Kursant) you do have both English and Russian voices for training guidance (The voices will automatically be selected based on the Install type of DCS World, if you have a English (EN) install you get all Russian accented English meaning (Find this more than acceptable), if installed a Russian (RU) version of DCS you will get all full on Russian accent and meaning, no settings with in the DCS COG config areas will change this behaviour (To the best of my knowledge).
I have a tried a few ways of trying to make my version of (Kursant) campaign to play with the full Russian voice overs and can not make it do it, always plays English based voices.

The only method that does work for me, is it make your current install of DCS Russian (RU) version by changing the lang.cfg file from (EN) to (RU) in the DCS games ..\DCS World 2 OpenBeta\Config\ directory, this will however make all of your text throughout the whole DCS World program display in all Russian Cyrillic characters, so "DO NOT RECOMMENDED" you do this, but this is the only change I did to DCS and I played the (Kursant) DLC campaign this way and yes it plays with full Russian Voice instructions as I expected.

I understand your frustration with the products in question, I just wanted to clarify it for others that may have the same reservations or concerns.

Regards, Ian.
Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Gigabyte GTX-780 (388.71), Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).
MadDog-IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:53 AM   #15
rephiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog-IC View Post
I am not understanding how you seem to be the only one with this issue, help me understand so I might be able to help you better.
  1. Airport ATC calls in full Russian accent and meaning, not just Russian accented english (This is by design of DCS and only minor annoyance, to me anyway)
  2. If you play the training that is supplied by default when you purchase the L-39, Then you are correct that it will only play with full Russian accent and meaning (There are no English version of Voices available), I find this disappointing also.
  3. If you purchase the L-39 DLC (Kursant) you do have both English and Russian voices for training guidance (The voices will automatically be selected based on the Install type of DCS World, if you have a English (EN) install you get all Russian accented English meaning (Find this more than acceptable), if installed a Russian (RU) version of DCS you will get all full on Russian accent and meaning, no settings with in the DCS COG config areas will change this behaviour (To the best of my knowledge).
I have a tried a few ways of trying to make my version of (Kursant) campaign to play with the full Russian voice overs and can not make it do it, always plays English based voices.

The only method that does work for me, is it make your current install of DCS Russian (RU) version by changing the lang.cfg file from (EN) to (RU) in the DCS games ..\DCS World 2 OpenBeta\Config\ directory, this will however make all of your text throughout the whole DCS World program display in all Russian Cyrillic characters, so "DO NOT RECOMMENDED" you do this, but this is the only change I did to DCS and I played the (Kursant) DLC campaign this way and yes it plays with full Russian Voice instructions as I expected.

I understand your frustration with the products in question, I just wanted to clarify it for others that may have the same reservations or concerns.

Regards, Ian.
Lets just drop this every time I state my issues it get taken out of contexts. Did not know the L-39 purchase was only Russian spoken or would not have purchase. The Kursant purchase does have English from back seat ok but, the tower all clearances are Russian that I did not know. Its just not stated in the L-39 Aircraft purchase that its only spoken Russian. PS this is not the forum to debate this I was just replying to a suggestion I should have got the L-39 and not the Hawk

Last edited by rephiled; 05-17-2018 at 06:09 AM.
rephiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #16
BlacleyCole

I read there’s a way to get English language in the settings somewhere

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:11 AM   #17
CHRISXTR3M3

[QUOTE=rephiled;3486468]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISXTR3M3 View Post
If you go to settings (the cog wheel icon) in the main menu and then go to special tab and select L-39C from the list on the left I believe you can switch the language and units of measurement. I will double check this as I am at work and going off memory here.

I see what you mean...the training missions have the audio files in russian. There is english instructions that pop up on the top right corner during the trainings. Can you confirm that?
Old 05-18-2018, 06:17 AM   #18
CHRISXTR3M3

Quote:
Lets just drop this every time I state my issues it get taken out of contexts. Did not know the L-39 purchase was only Russian spoken or would not have purchase. The Kursant purchase does have English from back seat ok but, the tower all clearances are Russian that I did not know. Its just not stated in the L-39 Aircraft purchase that its only spoken Russian. PS this is not the forum to debate this I was just replying to a suggestion I should have got the L-39 and not the Hawk

I'll digress from the L-39 talk..

I guess my best suggestion for your answer is if you'd like the Hawk for training in english that is the best bet, just have to wait for VEAO.

In the meantime you can do some research on the Hawk, the flight model, damage model, etc yourself by starting with the video below and form your own decision whether you'd like the Hawk after all or not.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:25 AM   #19
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ells228 View Post
The training missions are being re-written for DCS 2.5. currently with the help of an ex RAF Hawk instructor.
Currently in 1.5.8 you have voice training mission for cold start to get you going.
Also check out the Quick Start guide in the Docs folder, this explains all the systems including weapons.
Any news on when this might be released? I love the Hawk and want to use it as an initial trainer before the FA18.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #20
Rudel_chw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
Any news on when this might be released? I love the Hawk and want to use it as an initial trainer before the FA18.
I’ve been using the A-10C as trainer for the F-18, and it is more closely related to the F-18 system’s and weapons than the Hawk ... however, its only 10 days before the F-18 appears, so its more practical for you to just wait those 10 days
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote