CBU-97: where do they go? ** Updated - CBU-97s are in! **

Jetfire

I read a post about Shepski's A-10 realism mod, and IIRC, he said he removed the CBU-97s from the loadout because the models and skins are outdated (they do look awful). I took a look at the skins, increased the resolution, and fixed up the skin so it looks better. I just uploaded the skins to http://www.lomacfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=81&lid=310&title=CBU-97%20Skin%20Fix#dldetails if you would like to check it out. The 450kg cluster bombs work great, and I think they should be a part of the a-10's arsenal since they are "anti tank" bombs.

Now, I'm not sure what pylons the CBU-97 can occupy on the A-10. Shepski, or anyone, can you tell us what pylons the CBU-97 can occupy?

Thanks!

sig36aa.jpg

Sigh.

Shepski wrote this with the Loman file:

"I did not include CBU-97's to this modification due to the poor model and textures and didn't feel that they fit in with

the rest of the highly detailed weapons."

IF the CBU-97 were of better quality, wouldn't he have included it? Why even mention the CBU-97 in an A-10 Realism Mod if it has nothing to do with the A-10? My belief is, yes, if they were of better quality, they would be on the A-10. I also trust Shepski and his sources.

D-Scythe, you mean "mod", not "cheat", right? I would imagine the word "cheat" would be reserved for more malicious content. But, if you do think this is a cheat, I'll remove those CBU-97s from my single player a-10 missions so it will be fair for those AI tanks. lol

Kuosta, if I make a mistake, point it out, ok?

sig36aa.jpg

Hey, I was just trying to be helpful ;) And yes, I meant mod. My bad - and even if it was a cheat, I can care less. Realism is to each their own :)

AFAIK, though, I don't think OA/A-10s are equipped with the CBU-97 SFW operationally. Maybe they *can* carry it, much like the Hawg can theoretically be equipped with LANTIRN and LGBs, but I don't think it does. I can be wrong.

sigzk5.jpg

Hey, it's not a waste of time. Look at it this way: one, we got a better looking SFW weapon, and two, even if A-10s don't carry the -97 (although I'm sure they're wired for it), I can guarantee if the Hawg ever went to war in the Black Sea, they'd be lugging CBU-97s around in the first week of war because of the T-80Us.

As I said before, realism is mostly subjective in a sim ;)

sigzk5.jpg

Hi guys,

Nice work on the texture Jetfire!

BTW... I didn't remove the CBU-97, it was never added to the A-10A in the first place.

According to the loadout documents I have the A-10A can carry the CBU-97 as a single weapon on all stations but the center fuselage(#6) station.

The only problem is that Eagle doesn't have a CLSID of a single CBU-97... it either comes on a MER with 2 for the F-18C or in large amounts in the B-1B and B-52. For v1.2 I have provided Eagle Dynamics with detailed diagrams of the CBU-87, 89, and 97 which can all be carried by the A-10A. Let's hope there is time for them to be included.

Thanks for the info and feedback guys.

Shepski, this might not be the right CLSID, or it might not be setup correctly, but I did find tags in the xml file that allow for a single CBU-97...

<Launcher CLSID="{5335D97A-35A5-4643-9D9B-026C75961E52}" Guided="no" Name="CBU-97" Picture="" Weight="450" WorldID="1">
           <Element ShapeName="CBU-97">
              <Position X="0" Y="0" Z="0"/>
              <DrawArg Key="1" Value="1"/>
              <DrawArg Key="2" Value="1"/>
           </Element>
        </Launcher>

I attached this CLSID underneath the other bombs in the bomb category yesterday, and, for my plane it works fine, but for AI planes, they don't seem to like using the CBU-97 (could be an incorrect CLSID):

<Launcher CLSID="{5335D97A-35A5-4643-9D9B-026C75961E52}">CBU-97</Launcher>

sig36aa.jpg

i'm just happy to b in an community with so many talented people, and in the same breath realise what the rookie i am, learning a lot from these threads thnx guys for the time spent and effort ;-),

No wonder Jet u havnt been much in the O'club lately, the waitress been asking for ya......but no worries bro, i got that all covered :D , told ya i'd assist ya where i could.....glad to be able to pitch in a hand or two ;-),

Hi everyone,

At the request of Jetfire I have updated the A-10 payload mod to include CBU-97s.

The file is LoMan compatible and available here: http://www.mts.net/~shepski/A-10A-Realistic-Weapon-Payload-Modification-v1.1.zip

This mod allows you to load CBU-97s as single munitions on all 10 stations. I highly recommend downloading Mr. Wolf's CBU skin for it so the bombs fit in with the rest of the A-10 weapons.

This mod now has all the custom payloads I had made in the MECustom.xml file for the first version moved to the MEInit.xml file... a BIG thanks to Alpha for his work in transfering them. But, there are no new payloads with CBU-97s... you will have to add them yourself.

Please feel free to mirror this file!

Cheers,

Mark

Guest awalts

Repost of new A10 CBU-97 payload

Can someone repost (or mail me) this new paylaod layout?

The current link from Shepski doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!

> At the request of Jetfire I have updated the A-10 payload mod to include

> CBU-97s.

> The file is LoMan compatible and available here:

> http://www.mts.net/~shepski/A-10A-R...cation-v1.1.zip

Avram

awalts@yahoo.com