DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

I am having an odd issue with SRS at the moment which may or may not be linked to a new issue introduced with DCS 2.5.6 and recent update to ESET Nod32 Antivirus.

A couple of days ago ESET started giving false positive hits on several DCS .dll files and it was deleting them. I had to switch off real-time protection for the DCS root folder before it would even repair.

Shortly after that I noticed that SRS would connect to the server and VOIP but not the game. I reinstalled SRS, same result (that normally fixed any issue I had with SRS in the past).

Thinking there might be some issue with the AV I placed both the SRS installation directory and the entire saved games folder into the AV exceptions list so now SRS, saved games and DCS Open Beta are all excluded from real time protection. Everything runs ok except SRS will still not connect to the game.

Interestingly, as I also have DCS stable (2.5.5) installed I tried that and SRS connected to the game immediately.

Anybody come across this before? Anybody have any suggestions for anything I might have missed?

PS. I looked at the DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post from Ciribob's signature but I'm not sure if that is still accurate as the files it refers to in the (step 6) C:/Users//Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Scripts folder no longer seem to follow that structure and this guide is 4 years old so a lot of development water has passed under the bridge in that time.

Edited by <Specter>

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

How impossible would be to have SRS connecting also to some sort of back end of http://radiomap.eu/ or http://radio.garden/settings and basically when you dial an actual radio frequency and your position ingame is close enough to pick it up... you pick it up. I know most of them are FM but anyway... for the non FM would be quite cool addition ant also a FM dial could be added maybe at some point on SRS as an extra radio.

Sorry if it's an useless "request".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I'd just like to get it connected to the game so I can use it for it's intended purpose.

I don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm but what you are asking for is the ability to listen to entertainment radio channels whilst in a Combat Simulator. Why?

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

I am having an odd issue with SRS at the moment which may or may not be linked to a new issue introduced with DCS 2.5.6 and recent update to ESET Nod32 Antivirus.

A couple of days ago ESET started giving false positive hits on several DCS .dll files and it was deleting them. I had to switch off real-time protection for the DCS root folder before it would even repair.

Shortly after that I noticed that SRS would connect to the server and VOIP but not the game. I reinstalled SRS, same result (that normally fixed any issue I had with SRS in the past).

Thinking there might be some issue with the AV I placed both the SRS installation directory and the entire saved games folder into the AV exceptions list so now SRS, saved games and DCS Open Beta are all excluded from real time protection. Everything runs ok except SRS will still not connect to the game.

Interestingly, as I also have DCS stable (2.5.5) installed I tried that and SRS connected to the game immediately.

Anybody come across this before? Anybody have any suggestions for anything I might have missed?

PS. I looked at the DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post from Ciribob's signature but I'm not sure if that is still accurate as the files it refers to in the (step 6) C:/Users//Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Scripts folder no longer seem to follow that structure and this guide is 4 years old so a lot of development water has passed under the bridge in that time.

How impossible would be to have SRS connecting also to some sort of back end of http://radiomap.eu/ or http://radio.garden/settings and basically when you dial an actual radio frequency and your position ingame is close enough to pick it up... you pick it up. I know most of them are FM but anyway... for the non FM would be quite cool addition ant also a FM dial could be added maybe at some point on SRS as an extra radio.

Sorry if it's an useless "request".

You can so this now, run multiple clients and use virtual audio cables to feed in audio. Tricky but doable!

I'd just like to get it connected to the game so I can use it for it's intended purpose.

I don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm but what you are asking for is the ability to listen to entertainment radio channels whilst in a Combat Simulator. Why?

Please go to discord for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Guess you're using VAICOM or voice attack?

Those two aircraft have an in cockpit ptt which is pressed when you do the dcs radio button

You need to close the radio menu to stop the ptt or turn off allow dcs ptt in SRS

Perfect, that was the solution.

Many thanks !!!!

You can so this now, run multiple clients and use virtual audio cables to feed in audio. Tricky but doable!

Thanks for the answer. :thumbup: A solution that could be used "out of the box" by any player disregarding his IT skills would be even cooler! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hi everyone. Anyone having issues with comm 1 and comm2 been switched up from 1.7.8.1. Huge issues now since I’ve installed the 1.8.0 beta.

Using Voice attack it seems to that ptt that were setup correctly to read comm1 and comm2 are now opposite. Comm1 is now actually comm2 and visa versa.

Also, since we have D-atis up on our servers no atis will broadcast. All ports are referenced correctly and pointing to the proper install.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi everyone. Anyone having issues with comm 1 and comm2 been switched up from 1.7.8.1. Huge issues now since I’ve installed the 1.8.0 beta.

Using Voice attack it seems to that ptt that were setup correctly to read comm1 and comm2 are now opposite. Comm1 is now actually comm2 and visa versa.

Also, since we have D-atis up on our servers no atis will broadcast. All ports are referenced correctly and pointing to the proper install.

Cheers

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi guys.

I am really annoyed by this program by it keeps asking if I want it to connect to server every time I enter a server. And almost daily updates are another reason. How can I uninstall or disable it. I just want to run it whenever I want

Thanks.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi guys.

I am really annoyed by this program by it keeps asking if I want it to connect to server every time I enter a server. And almost daily updates are another reason. How can I uninstall or disable it. I just want to run it whenever I want

Thanks.

One post above

May i ask for more info about this added feature:

"Added new features for JF17 thanks to Uboats / Deka unlocked by a later DCS patch"

I see that we have a third radio on the JF17 named VHF/UHF Expansion, but i cant find info about it on the forums. Or how to change its freq

Is a new radio that its going to be added?

Hi,

I have an issue with srs: since *1.8.0.0 version(but the version may not be the cause of it)

*I ve installed the drivers for Nari Headphone (razer)

I have no sound at all in simpleradio.

Ingame, i see the white names when somone talking or when i "radiocheck" but no sound.

I ve tried a lot: disabling oculus drivers, reinstalling realtek drivers etc (quite a mess) but til today nothing.

As you can see below, obviously with audio preview i got a signal from microphone but nothing on the headset.

Ps: when i am in game, i only heard a "click" when pushing the button for radio 2 only, not radio 1:cry:

Any help?

92.137.88.98-5eb47376b286c.jpg

Hi,

I have an issue with srs: since *1.8.0.0 version(but the version may not be the cause of it)

Ingame, i see the white names when somone talking or when i "radiocheck" but no sound.

I ve tried a lot: disabling oculus drivers, reinstalling realtek drivers etc (quite a mess) but til today nothing.

As you can see below, obviously with audio preview i got a signal from microphone but nothing on the headset.

Ps: when i am in game, i only heard a "click" when pushing the button for radio 2 only, not radio 1:cry:

Any help?

Have you tried using the “chat” channel rather than the “game” channel? I run most speaking apps through the chat channel if I can help it with my Razer Krakens.

7.1 headsets are more of a pain in the butt than what they are good for, I got one myself. After dealing with VERY faint audio on SRS I turned off 7.1 and changed Windows to just use Stereo and only one default device rather than two like you also have. Right-click on the device and Configure Speakers -> Stereo.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

For some time now i got the problem that my SRS keyboard (joystick buttons seem to work) binds (change radio up/down, the grey radio overlay toggle) dont work in DCS anymore (ctrl-shift-ESC toggle still working tho, guess because its integrated into DCS directly and not external).

While i have the SRS application window (not the grey radio overlay) in foreground, it works all fine but stops once i tab back into DCS.

Same goes for my OpenTrack keyboard binds, here too joystick binds work.

Other program's keybinds on the other hand work just fine (NVidia Exp. recording shortcuts for example).

Anyone else experiencing this? Any workaround to get keyboard shortcuts back working?

Edited by Kailux

Gone for good.

Cheers

Weirdest thing... Me too!

So, I use SRS coms 2 while flying the Tomcat and any of my voice attack commands are not recognized anymore, neither are any buttons on my HOTAS (X65F)

In order to get it to work again I press Tab but every time I use coms 2 again the same thing happens and it gets annoying in VR.

Edited by EagleA25

May i ask for more info about this added feature:

"Added new features for JF17 thanks to Uboats / Deka unlocked by a later DCS patch"

I see that we have a third radio on the JF17 named VHF/UHF Expansion, but i cant find info about it on the forums. Or how to change its freq

Is a new radio that its going to be added?

Hi,

Any help?

For some time now i got the problem that my SRS keyboard (joystick buttons seem to work) binds (change radio up/down, the grey radio overlay toggle) dont work in DCS anymore (ctrl-shift-ESC toggle still working tho, guess because its integrated into DCS directly and not external).

While i have the SRS application window (not the grey radio overlay) in foreground, it works all fine but stops once i tab back into DCS.

Same goes for my OpenTrack keyboard binds, here too joystick binds work.

Other program's keybinds on the other hand work just fine (NVidia Exp. recording shortcuts for example).

Anyone else experiencing this? Any workaround to get keyboard shortcuts back working?

Weirdest thing... Me too!

So, I use SRS coms 2 while flying the Tomcat and any of my voice attack commands are not recognized anymore, neither are any buttons on my HOTAS (X65F)

In order to get it to work again I press Tab but every time I use coms 2 again the same thing happens and it gets annoying in VR.

Please go to Discord for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

The F-16's #1 radio volume is being changed in SRS by the wrong volume knob. In the real airplane the volume of this radio is changed by the "COM1" knob and not the knob on the UHF panel which does nothing.

The F-16's #1 radio volume is being changed in SRS by the wrong volume knob. In the real airplane the volume of this radio is changed by the "COM1" knob and not the knob on the UHF panel which does nothing.
As far as I understand it, it should be a combination of both, the same as the a10c?

Hello

Is there a linux version?

How to install on VPS?

No it's windows only.

Run SRS alongside the dcs server is the idea

For support go to Discord