A-10 for 5.99?

markwilliam

Hey guys! I see the A-10 is on sale for $5.99. But it also says A-10 DCS Flaming Cliffs. Does this mean that I need Flaming Cliffs to be installed to use it or does it mean that it's the Flaming Cliffs version of the A-10?

If it works with me having only the P-51 then I get it. Hope so!!! Good price and I like the DCS A-10.

A-10A and A-10C are two different aircraft. On Steam, there is no Flaming Cliffs, two of the FC aircraft are currently available as individual purchase. The only thing you need for them to work is DCS World.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can grab the new A-10A without FC... If you had FC I believe you can just download the A-10A and upgrade the existing one to the new version basically...

If you have FC3 then you already have that aircraft.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Okay-

When I bought it on steam there were two different licenses... one with FC3 (mentioned by the license) and one separate DCSW DLC if I remember correctly. Thought FC3 included the original A-10, not the improved one, so I thought it needed to be downloaded separately.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Okay-

When I bought it on steam there were two different licenses... one with FC3 (mentioned by the license) and one separate DCSW DLC if I remember correctly. Thought FC3 included the original A-10, not the improved one, so I thought it needed to be downloaded separately.

No, as the FC level ACFT are updated to individual models my understanding is those updates will be included in FC3 as well.

MOOOOOONSTER KILL! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

back to topic:

the A-10A is the same, single buy or FC3.

it was updated some time ago, and ED descided, that the FC3 owners would not need to buy it and pay again for an aircraft that they might have payed 4 times already (LOMAC, FC1, FC2, FC3).

so whoever ownes FC3 will not have to buy SU-25 & A-10A module.

as a side note: if you have FC3 installed, the buy buttons for those two are not visual for good reason ;-)

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

back to topic:

the A-10A is the same, single buy or FC3.

it was updated some time ago, and ED descided, that the FC3 owners would not need to buy it and pay again for an aircraft that they might have payed 4 times already (LOMAC, FC1, FC2, FC3).

so whoever ownes FC3 will not have to buy SU-25 & A-10A module.

as a side note: if you have FC3 installed, the buy buttons for those two are not visual for good reason ;-)

regards,

RR

their Module Icons shouldnt be visible at all with FC3 Installed, let alone Buy Icon,

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

thats what i implicated with the side note :)

Edited by Roadrunner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Well...I purchased the A-10 and it is different. Maybe not different but the old one that does not have a lot of the newer features that the updated one has. The weapons system is very different because the cockpit is lacking in the whole panel for target tracking. I looked at both training videos (FC3 and the regular A-10) and the cockpits are different. Not completely different, just weapons system differences.

Also.....this A-10 for $5.99 won't function properly in the custom mission mode. It has no Air to Air capabilities, nor does it have any Air to ground Missiles. It only lets you use the cannon in the custom missions.

It could possibly be a bug but I loaded it twice to make sure and it won't arm with any missiles in custom missions.

A-10A and A-10C are two different aircraft.

:helpsmilie:

Well...I purchased the A-10 and it is different. Maybe not different but the old one that does not have a lot of the newer features that the updated one has. The weapons system is very different because the cockpit is lacking in the whole panel for target tracking. I looked at both training videos (FC3 and the regular A-10) and the cockpits are different. Not completely different, just weapons system differences.

Also.....this A-10 for $5.99 won't function properly in the custom mission mode. It has no Air to Air capabilities, nor does it have any Air to ground Missiles. It only lets you use the cannon in the custom missions.

It could possibly be a bug but I loaded it twice to make sure and it won't arm with any missiles in custom missions.

Sounds like you didn't rearm or setup your weapons loadout.

-Seil

WotG Founder & A10C Lead

The standalone A-10A is the exact same aircraft as the A-10A that comes with Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3).

The only difference is the standalone comes by itself, no need for FC3.

And if you buy FC3 you get the A-10A, plus F-15C, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A,, MiG-29G, MiG-29S, and Su-25.

Do not confuse with the A-10C, which is a standalone mod that brings the more realistic PC simulation of that aircraft.

Edited by Iberian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder what task you have set for your A-10A in the mission editor. If it's "nothing" then you probably won't be able to assign any weapons to it other than guns. What happens if you select "CAS" or "Ground Attack"? You should have a whole slew of weapons to choose from, including air-to-air AIM-9's.

I wonder what task you have set for your A-10A in the mission editor. If it's "nothing" then you probably won't be able to assign any weapons to it other than guns. What happens if you select "CAS" or "Ground Attack"? You should have a whole slew of weapons to choose from, including air-to-air AIM-9's.

I believe the user gave up and gave away his licenses.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs