T-2

Jester986

I know, I know I'm a crazy person who likes trainers....

But I was reading the A-7 thread and saw the talk about the T-2 and thought I'd make a separate thread rather than go off topic.

I know it's been shelved, but with the focus on naval aviation it would be nice to see a carrier capable trainer. I know we won't see a T-45 Goshawk and there are much higher priorities for Razbam, but if it is someone's passion project there that they can keep alive I would be happy to buy a t-2 at some point. Here's hoping she gets to see the light of day.

The problem is that multiple trainers are useless in this game, because flight simulations are so much easier than real life flying. For instance anybody get into the Mirage 2000 never playing a flight simulator and physically fly it decently. There's just no need for more trainers, because it is easy to fly any aircraft in this game (when compared to real life when it is necessary for trainers)

Yea, I get it. It's a niche within a niche. I'm not suggesting it take precedence over anything else. Just if they get around to it it would be fun for carrier training scenarios. Also keep in mind we only have 1.5 trainers. The L-39 is great, and I have high hopes for the 101, but I doubt we'll see the hawk get to a good place.

I'm with Jester986, I just happen to like the 2 seaters, like a 2 seat F-18 might happen if we get a growler, but the RAF/Marines never did much with the 2 seater until it went to Boscombe Down for experimental. I still have patience for the Hawk though, this making plane software is a hard business that's all.

I don't understand why a trainer would be considered useless. There are many in this community that feel that if the aircraft can't carry a bunch of ordinance, it is useless. I couldn't disagree more. I was very disappointed to see RAZBAM drop the T-2 and have to echo Jester's plea for a carrier capable trainer. And it is capable of carrying some ordinance BTW and probably not far behind the L-39 in performance. Regardless, it has a hook, and that is all that matters!! :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well when you revisit the Buckeye, we need a T-2C with a VT-26 Tigers skin, and after that a TA-4J with a VT-25 skin.

And if you want to do a little prelude sort of deal, a T-34C Turbo Mentor would be all right, too.

After the TA-4J, I'll need an A-7A and then a transition to the A-7E, followed by the F/A-18C. After that, I get to retire. :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

I've seen videos of the Buckeye in DCS, but it appears this project was dropped. Was any version of it released "into the wild"?

Call me nostalgic, but this was my first USN jet trainer, and it would be fun to learn DCS (I'm a newcomer) with the same aircraft as I learned on in the Navy.

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

The problem is production costs, for us to devote time in the T-2 we might have to kill another project, say the A-29...

We´ll revisit the T-2 eventually, a lot was done 3d wise, but right now we are quite busy with other projects

Thanks for the honest appraisal. ...I retire in 6 years....so we have some time LOL

Would love to see a NATO trainer in DCS (I currently enjoy the L-39 here and there), especially a Navy trainer. If we couldn't get a Goshawk, a Buckeye would be great!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440