** The Tomcat Dream... **

Cobra847

So you're telling me....

That at this present time, it seems as though the plans of the current flight simulation elites are forcing me to, besides the particular amount of currency I hath set to be used for the purchase of the anticipated virtual products to be released by said elites, choose to which physical apparatus I shall designate my particular budgeted funds for a replica of a simulated item's controller; and thereby, force my persons decision making capacity to make a choice between two of mine favorite flying, sea based, military vehicles?

Great...

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Do i have to buy the VKB gunfighter or can i use it with the Virpil T-50??

You need VKB base, VKB grips until now work only in VKB bases.

VKB hardware tends to be compatible with the WH base. :)

In fact is in the other way around, Tm Warthog grip can be used in VKB bases (Gladiator PRO and Gunfighter) after installing in this grip VKB electronic adapter and VKB mechanical adapter.

Use VKB grips on Warthog base - or any other joystick base - is NOT possible.

What is possible just "bolt and play" is use VirPil (VPC) T50 grip in Warthog base.

Use VKB grips on Warthog base - or any other joystick base - is NOT possible

EXCUSE ME?!

MCG TM is going to be natively compatible with Warthog TM. Natively means exactly what it means; no adapters, no anything else. Just pop it on, and take off.

Edited by AeroGator

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Does that mean that they will support Europe better than they do now? You really can't buy anything of theirs here.

A pretty arguable statement given the fact we are happily selling tons in EU. Leaving alone supporting European customers, who support wise are in no way any different from any others.

>

AeroGator

A pretty arguable statement given the fact we are happily selling tons in EU. Leaving alone supporting European customers, who support wise are in no way any different from any others.

Hi there AeroGator !

Beautifull to see a nice VKB/HB F14 product dooming up from the dark hazy ocean deck of a CV in the near future ;)

I kinda have to agree to a certain lvl about the difference in the EU VKB and for example the NA VKB. The website for EU is a mess and completely not easy to find stuff on in my opinion. Also i see you can preorder the MCG on the NA store but i dont see anything on the EU page...

Anyways back to the F14 product i would love to see both pages with the same design and options to get into VKB/HB in the near future.

Rock on !

g8PjVMw.png

It is not tomorrow that F14 comes anywhere near. So you will have plenty of time to enjoy the MCG :)

As a general plan, do you intend to release a full stick or just a handle adapter? :joystick:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

EXCUSE ME?!

MCG TM is going to be natively compatible with Warthog TM. Natively means exactly what it means; no adapters, no anything else. Just pop it on, and take off.

Yes, I answer thinking on existing VKB grips and forget this incoming "special model" MCG-TM.

Anyway this new model MCG-TM indicates that this future "F-14" grip can follow this recipe making a F-14 TM variation - that "dial" on left side can complictate if need a analog axis.

IMO will be a "strategic" error from VKB/LLC if ignore the hundreds of Warthog/Cougar bases in hands of simmers. ;)

Edited by Sokol1_br

It is not tomorrow that F14 comes anywhere near. So you will have plenty of time to enjoy the MCG :)

Awesome - thanks Aero :thumbup:

Anyway this new model MCG-TM indicates that this future "F-14" grip can follow this recipe making a F-14 TM variation - that "dial" on left side can complictate if need a analog axis.

)

That 'Dial' isn't actually a dial, it a spring loaded FWD-AFT switch with a ctr detent.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

difference in the EU VKB and for example the NA VKB

It'd be suicidal for a business to really discriminate customers like that... however I do take your point. We do what we can, but the import regulations in the EU are so much different from those in the US... logistics takes nearly twice as long... taxation... etc., etc. We drop ship to the US most of the time, which is simply impossible as such in the EU.

I do agree about the websites' calling for streamlining. Will put it up before people who deal with this sort of issues. Maybe all they need is the last straw ;)

>

AeroGator

Awesome - thanks Aero :thumbup:

That 'Dial' isn't actually a dial, it a spring loaded FWD-AFT switch with a ctr detent.

Cheers Vamp - I was thinking it was going to be a limitation for those of us with WH, but if it's essentially a 3 position switch there should be no issues.

I'm also curious if there will be an adapter to fit the F-14 grip to the TM gear.

Not sure if custom TM variants (e.g. MCG-TM) are the right way to go with more and more grips available compared to having a universal VKB-TM adapter (including the adapter electronics inside) which you'd mount on the TM base and then just pop the VKB grips onto.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

@vkb a have real chance to find a distributor in switzerland ? Or Eu

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

It'd be suicidal for a business to really discriminate customers like that... however I do take your point. We do what we can, but the import regulations in the EU are so much different from those in the US... logistics takes nearly twice as long... taxation... etc., etc. We drop ship to the US most of the time, which is simply impossible as such in the EU.

I do agree about the websites' calling for streamlining. Will put it up before people who deal with this sort of issues. Maybe all they need is the last straw ;)

Cheers ! :thumbup:

g8PjVMw.png

Just nice, my VKB Gunfighter base is waiting eagerly :D

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

is modular for a reason........once theyget all the heavy hardware (throttles modern and ww2,ecs) there will be moregrips for all that and they will came out faster, and modules etc….and whoknows what more……..

One point: the Europe site was the only at one time to buy and have a very clear product line (all mambas very wellexplained) great faq, kb etc. and the attention of Eduard is more than excellent.

I think that us market have more priority, still all batches that reach Europe site are gone in a couple of days

Edited by RFC Rudel

MCG is 160 dollars.

KG12 is 60 or 70 dollars.

So how about this one?

MCG is $99

MCG-TM is $140

MCG PRO is $160

KG12-A is not sold standalone, but add $40 in Gunfigher relative to base standalone.

This F-14 will be just a POV + 6/7 button grip, 1 more if they do some concession and add the pad lever in grip lower part, maybe like Bugeyetech do with their F-18 grip for (professional) simulation.

So $120/130 for this F-14 is a good bet.

Of course what impact more in grip price is not buttons/HAT's number but mold manufacture cost + small market + high desire of this small market in buy. :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

Statement that is to be outdated soon.

:music_whistling:

Thank god for that, so that I can finally make a decision between VKB and VPC and replace my Warthog :thumbup:

Look forward to the announcement.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440