Always problems after update!

I dont understand whats happening?! After every update the program don`t work. I have bought airplanes fore about 400 pund, and I t dont work just now! A black monitor after 20 minutes inloggning. I don`t accept It!:(

I dont understand whats happening?! After every update the program don`t work. I have bought airplanes fore about 400 pund, and I t dont work just now! A black monitor after 20 minutes inloggning. I don`t accept It!:(

Play 1.5.8 and leave the beta version to someone else.

• ED Team

Public testing builds are not for everyone, if you want a more stable experience stay with the release version.

The team are working on the current issues, when we have more news we will pass it on.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

its hard to believe anybody would stay on 1.5.8 after 2.5 was hype so much...

so dont be mean to people who want to see the new engine.

also, there is a differece bewteen bug and not working at all...

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

I hope that Eagle Dynamics will find a better way to handle patches and updates, cause this will get even more complex as DCS and content keeps growing.

And while we do need to wait for a fix now, my "patience" for this type of gamebreaking issues is not great. Beta or stable, this tends to happen quite more often than it should... one thing gets fixed, and another thing breaks. As a DCS fan and customer, it is a very frustrating process.

Still hope that the tides will turn after 2.5 goes into stable, only time will tell.

Its a beta. To be honest, I have seen worse beta than DCS 2.5. So please play nicely. Its annoying, I know. But at least it is working. LR screwed XP11 much more than ED on their betas.

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

• ED Team
I hope that Eagle Dynamics will find a better way to handle patches and updates, cause this will get even more complex as DCS and content keeps growing.

And while we do need to wait for a fix now, my "patience" for this type of gamebreaking issues is not great. Beta or stable, this tends to happen quite more often than it should... one thing gets fixed, and another thing breaks. As a DCS fan and customer, it is a very frustrating process.

Still hope that the tides will turn after 2.5 goes into stable, only time will tell.

It is complex, no denying it, it is super complex, so many variables, masses of code and it all has to work, the testing alone is huge.

As the core sim gets fleshed out in 2.5 things will get easier, but for now expect a bumpy ride.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yeah it's pretty hard to create bugfree large applications, maybe NASA can help us (ED) out one day.

Bug to code ratios

The idea of bugs per lines of code isn’t really a new idea. Steve McConnell, the primary source for the previously mentioned post, has written extensively on defects per lines of code. Covering average bugs per LOC stats in his great book Code Complete

(a) Industry Average: "about 15 - 50 errors per 1000 lines of delivered code." He further says this is usually representative of code that has some level of structured programming behind it, but probably includes a mix of coding techniques.

(b) Microsoft Applications: "about 10 - 20 defects per 1000 lines of code during in-house testing, and 0.5 defect per KLOC (KLOC IS CALLED AS 1000 lines of code) in released product (Moore 1992)." He attributes this to a combination of code-reading techniques and independent testing (discussed further in another chapter of his book).

© "Harlan Mills pioneered 'cleanroom development', a technique that has been able to achieve rates as low as 3 defects per 1000 lines of code during in-house testing and 0.1 defect per 1000 lines of code in released product (Cobb and Mills 1990). A few projects - for example, the space-shuttle software - have achieved a level of 0 defects in 500,000 lines of code using a system of format development methods, peer reviews, and statistical testing."

From https://www.mayerdan.com/ruby/2012/11/11/bugs-per-line-of-code-ratio

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

The latest update seems to be a disaster. :doh:

First of all I have to say that I have bought all modules, so I can say I absolutely love DCS World. :thumbup:

I know even that we are talking of a BETA version..so It's undestandable that we can find some bugs.

The thing that don't work is that, for example, all 3D object have been deleted from Nevada Map and the same for the traffic.

So my question is this: is it possible that noone in ED have tested the upgrade? :cry:

It's possibile to find some minor bugs but to have 3D object completely destroyed as in an atomic explosion should be visible to everyone.. :(

I hope in 2 things more than the others since DCS is really a great simulators world.

1) ED should fix as soon as possible all bugs and problems of the latest update

2) ED should concentrate in few project at the same time. So ED could finish one module and go ahead with the others.

If ED is working on DCS 2.5 all resources should be concentrated in this project. You can add one module such as F/A-18 but with this is enought.

Working on Yak for example it could subtract resources to the main project and so at the end no one project will go to the end...

This is only a suggestion from a real fan of DCS that is me.. I have bought all modules becouse I believe in DCS World and ED but now it's time to concentrate all resources and take to the end some projects.

Saying this.... good work to all ED Team.. now I'll go to take off in DCS World :joystick:

(not in Nevada till the problem is solved)..... :pilotfly:

Edited by Joker69°

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

I done said it but I am ANGRY AT ME. We know you never dive in 1st day for a driver or any game patch. I know everyone is angry but it's simming. Hell, I have been sick 2 wks and today was my 1st day feeling good enough to fly only to UPDATE w/o checking 1st. Worst part for most is in only 2 or so days most will forget all their key bindings.

That said... I remember when a bad "patch" now called "update" or "Beta" meant the blues screen of death and being down for 2 days. Man I would hate to be QC for the Hornet.

Edited by JIMJAM