speedometer not working after repair, bug?

raresb

As mentioned in title I encounter a problem. When I try to shoot down some armored vehicles they shoot at me back and it happens to damage something that speedometer won't show me the velocity anymore. After all I land at base and try a repair which seems that won't fix it. Anyone else facing this problem?

Edited by raresb

If you land at a base that is not friendly, repair doesn't work. Perhaps you didn't return to your base or another base which was friendly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Also, did you shutdown prior to the repair? Some repairs won’t get done unless you shutdown engines first.... not sure all the rules, they seem to be different for different airplanes...

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Anyone else facing this problem?

IIRC I used to get the same with pitot tube damage in the UH-1H and L-39 modules (it's been a long time since I've tested, 1.2?).

I'd get back to a friendly airbase full of holes, repair and rearm - but find the pitot unrepaired.

Work around was to switch to or make another player slot as it seemed DCS didn't recognise the pitot damage but the damage model did.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

If you land at a base that is not friendly, repair doesn't work. Perhaps you didn't return to your base or another base which was friendly.

Yes, prior to repair, I have turned both engines off with battery on and hit repair, those repair seconds came on top right corner and after 180 seconds everything was repaired but speedometer didn't. It simply doesn't show speed anymore (when take off and flying). This occurs when I'm getting hit by tanks and last all session even after repair as mentioned before.

There is no speedometer in a Mirage - it's an air speed indicator. It may be a small point, but when people do searches, they will miss this thread completely unless it uses the correct terminology.

Please don't take it as nit picking on my part here. I just want our forum to be as useful as possible to everyone, and spelling and terminology errors will diminish the resource drastically.

But yes, I too hope this bug can be resolved soon.

There is no speedometer in a Mirage - it's an air speed indicator. It may be a small point, but when people do searches, they will miss this thread completely unless it uses the correct terminology.

Please don't take it as nit picking on my part here. I just want our forum to be as useful as possible to everyone, and spelling and terminology errors will diminish the resource drastically.

But yes, I too hope this bug can be resolved soon.

Mirage?! I was talking about f5.

The point is that no aircraft has a 'speedometer'. The correct term for aircraft is always 'airspeed indicator'.

Yes, my bad. In my language(roumanian) we call it "vitezometru" - translated "speedometer" that's why I called it like this. Now I know it's different. Thanks.