[REPORTED]"Unit Hits" Trigger Condition no longer functioning

• ED Team

The "Unit Hits" Trigger Condition in the Mission Editor appears to no longer function. I created a test mission (attached) with three AI planes in front of the player F-16 (screenshot 1); An A-10C, an F-5E-3, and an F-5E (to test a non-playable aircraft unit). I've set a trigger for each AI aircraft to display a text message when a "hit" is recorded (screenshot 2).

Test variations:

1) AI targets set to "Immortal ON" | Trigger Condition: Unit Hits | Result: Text message not received

2) AI targets "Immortal OFF" | Trigger Condition: Unit Hits | Result: Text message not received

3) AI targets "Immortal OFF" | Trigger Condition: Unit Dead | Result: Text message received

I tested variation 3 just to make sure that changing the Condition to something different verified the trigger itself was functioning correctly.

I would also like to report that this trigger condition hasn't been working for some time for client aircraft in multiplayer, while it worked for the host. For example, I created a series of dissimilar air combat missions for myself and a group of friends, in which the AI aggressors would be evaluated as "killed" whenever any bullet or missile impacted their aircraft, after which they would disengage and fly away. However, the "kills" were only announced whenever the person hosting the mission would hit the AI aggressor. Any client that had joined would fire missile after missile (or guns) into the aggressors, and no "kills" would be recorded.

This caused me to abandon the Multiplayer version of the missions, and instead focus on the Singleplayer versions. But now those versions no longer function correctly either due to this Trigger Condition not working. (I don't know which patch caused this, since the last time I played these missions was several months ago)

12435159_UnitHitsTestMissionScreenshot1.thumb.png.972411c433e1c7dcb667f19e6b561e25.png

1015264970_UnitHitsTestMissionScreenshot2.thumb.png.747df6e157027833ce81bd16ae624881.png

[Unit Hits] Test Mission.miz

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just try also to use the Hit, but it does not work for me as well. Was working before the last OB update.

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

• 3 months later...
  • ED Team

Just tested this in DCS OpenBeta 2.5.6.55363, and this trigger condition appears to be working again. Not sure if this just didn't make it into the changelog, or if whatever caused it to quit working in the first place was rectified or changed.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head