[SP] Operation Persian Power

rmk80

Future enhancement

Ammo resupply vehicles M818 or Ural-375. When placed within 200 will resupply units.

We usually play short missions and things like SAMS/AAA usually don't run out of ammo. But with longer missions these units will eventually run out of ammo and just then be targets.

Here is the persistent squadron script

Thanks, I will have a look at it.

If using the airbase cleanup script are you able to extend the time it checks for stuck planes?

Yes, I can define the time interval (which was set at 60 second previously). The problem is indeed the airbases that have no dedicated taxiways. It takes forever for planes to take off, creating all kind of issues when multiple planes spawn at the same location. A quick fix would be to exclude these airbases in the mission.

When placed within 200 will resupply units.

Does this happen automatically? If so, this could be added quite easy.

Thanks, I will have a look at it.

Yes, I can define the time interval (which was set at 60 second previously). The problem is indeed the airbases that have no dedicated taxiways. It takes forever for planes to take off, creating all kind of issues when multiple planes spawn at the same location. A quick fix would be to exclude these airbases in the mission.

Does this happen automatically? If so, this could be added quite easy.

Yes happens automaticly.

Can you make the time interval configurable like the other settings if you were to re-enable it again?

Edited by eric963

Got a response from Pikey on tracking more than one squadron of the same plane type and he says would a nightmare to try to code.

Best way would be to use a different plane for each squadron. But now that your tracking flights remaining it probably not even needed.

Uploaded a new version. See the first post for the changes.

Can you make the time interval configurable like the other settings if you were to re-enable it again?

Yes, custom cleanup script has been added. You can set the time cleanup interval in mission settings. Also added a despawnType option (for immersion)

Using dedicated server with hot starts using a 10 minute cleanup time is working well.

All planes are able to takeoff.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently testing a version that has rearm vehicles for all anti-air units

I am feeling left out on the thrill of testing out this mission.

I still have issues with the script not displaying any message to indicate missions.

It is quite strange for me as other with can play it alright.

In a fix here.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I am feeling left out on the thrill of testing out this mission.

I still have issues with the script not displaying any message to indicate missions.

It is quite strange for me as other with can play it alright.

In a fix here.

Are you 100% sure you edited the MissionScripting.lua file in your DCS World\Scripts folder?

Otherwise the script hangs at looking for a save file, which it can't find because it doesn't have permission to read files.

Hey,

I have just downloaded version 32 and I still get no notification. I happen to be alone in the theatre

I looked into dcs.log file

The scripting section has a very long list but no error message.

This below seems to indicate Moose script is loaded:

SCRIPTING: *** MOOSE GITHUB Commit Hash ID: 2019-11-25T11:17:48.0000000Z-8e5dfee82704126c24fd34e81f8b9ee626c0c874 ***

2019-12-01 18:14:48.207 INFO SCRIPTING: *** MOOSE STATIC INCLUDE START ***

2019-12-01 18:14:48.207 INFO SCRIPTING: Init: Scripts Loaded v1.1

The only error message I see is at the end of the mission but no error indicated in the list between start and where it end.

Error message is below:

2019-12-01 18:14:48.438 INFO SCRIPTING: *** MOOSE INCLUDE END ***

2019-12-01 18:14:48.438 INFO SCRIPTING: 4485( 1)/I: BASE00000.TraceOnOff(Tracing in MOOSE is ON)

2019-12-01 18:14:48.439 INFO SCRIPTING: Loaded Simple Group Saving, by Pikey, 2018, version 1.0

2019-12-01 18:14:48.439 ERROR DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\ERNEST~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000027E5.lua"]:90: attempt to index global 'lfs' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "C:\Users\ERNEST~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000027E5.lua"]:90: in function 'file_exists'

[string "C:\Users\ERNEST~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000027E5.lua"]:105: in main chunk

2019-12-01 18:14:48.445 ERROR DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\ERNEST~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000027E5.lua"]:90: attempt to index global 'lfs' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "C:\Users\ERNEST~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000027E5.lua"]:90: in function 'file_exists'

[string "C:\Users\ERNEST~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00006E5B.lua"]:1189: in main chunk

2019-12-01 18:15:24.700 INFO DX11BACKEND: Unloaded 501 mb of textures.

2019-12-01 18:15:54.396 ERROR SOUND: can't load wave: "sounds\speech\sound\eng\common\player\callsign\omdm"

2019-12-01 18:16:05.469 ERROR SOUND: can't load wave: "sounds\speech\sound\eng\common\atc\callsign\omdm"

I have to mod installed I did a dcs repair before doing this mission.

I will just attach the whole log file

Thanks in advance.

This hints you did not correctly comment out the lines in missionscripting.lua as explained on the first post. Could you verify this step?

This hints you did not correctly comment out the lines in missionscripting.lua as explained on the first post. Could you verify this step?
This was the issue. My bad.

I read through but didn't know or took cognizance of the modification.

Just did those alteration in the script folder and mission loaded alright with mission message displayed.

Thanks so much. Now I can explore and enjoy this campaign.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

This was the issue. My bad.

I read through but didn't know or took cognizance of the modification.

Just did those alteration in the script folder and mission loaded alright with mission message displayed.

Thanks so much. Now I can explore and enjoy this campaign.

Glad you sorted it out. I hope you enjoy the mission!

Waiting for the release.

New version is up!

Glad you sorted it out. I hope you enjoy the mission!

New version is up!

Absolutely enjoying it. A fun and immersive mission.

Thanks

How hard would it be to make the same mission on Caucasus ?

Could you do it ?

It is actually pretty easy to do. I already did a quick port to Nevada which is working fine.

I'm almost done optimizing some of the Persian Power scripts, which I will release soon. After that I will port it to Caucasus. I'll try to do it this week.

Maybe you can come up with some fancy name already :megalol: