What aircraft are you going to be flying in normandy and why ?

silenteye

So for the upcoming Normandy map i will have to buy a new aircraft. So is it gonna be Spitfire, kurfurst, dora or p51 ? What will you guys be taking mainly in the battle ? Wich is the one you find the easiest to fly or the most superior after acquiring skills ?

:joystick:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:joystick:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the Huey, because that map is gonna look soooo sexy low & slow.

Plus I just like the Huey a lot...

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

The first flight we'll be in Spitfire, just for the immersion. After all this waiting for WWII map and flying warbirds over modern theaters, it would be kind of irony to fly for the first time over it in a modern jet.

After burning thousands of virtual gallons of fuel in Spit, I'll switch to Spit. Next, for a change, I'll pick another livery for Spit and keep flying it :). But seriously, the best thing about the map is that finally it’ll be possible to setup some interesting missions. I guess we can use the additional time until release to read about the Normandy warfare and collect information for building scenarios once the map is out. Also the Normandy and new units to some extend will work well with first gen jets - MiG-15 and Sabre. I'm looking forward to Normandy also because of those planes. Both are great modules with little content at the moment.

...So for the upcoming Normandy map i will have to buy a new aircraft. So is it gonna be Spitfire, kurfurst, dora or p51 ? What will you guys be taking mainly in the battle ? Wich is the one you find the easiest to fly ...

Get the one that for whatever reason you like the most in reality ;)

... or the most superior after acquiring skills ?

Please, please, I beg you all... let's not start this discussion :thumbup:

• Like 1

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

What will you guys be taking mainly in the battle ?

I intend to start with the P-51, as I find it the easiest of the four to fly ... but will nevertheless train with all four of them, two and a half months will provide plenty of time to practice :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

All of them...,

and, because I can....

:D:D:smartass::pilotfly:

Sorry, just couldn't resist...:)

Exactly. I own all of them, will fly all of them also. Why choose?

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I'll fly the Dora, because I like it's handling. Spit is a pain in the ass on the ground, so I don't really like it. But that's just my personal opinion. :D

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

K-4 for me. I've got her down pretty good. I plan to buzz by Big Ben, and of course, say hello to Parliament...

Edited by javelina1
spelling... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Is Dover included? Cuz I believe that's where Patton's decoy army was centred during the D-Day campaign. Tying up lots of real Germans waiting for his invasion at the Pas de Calais.

Or are you saying that the P-47 will be as real as Patton's army? I kind of see that.

KA-50 because finally there is a ground concealment and cover to get close and do correct pop-up and slide attacks.... As long AI vision and reaction times gets simulated.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

So for the upcoming Normandy map i will have to buy a new aircraft. So is it gonna be Spitfire, kurfurst, dora or p51 ? What will you guys be taking mainly in the battle ? Wich is the one you find the easiest to fly or the most superior after acquiring skills ?

I'm probably just re-iterating what others are saying, but the P-51 is definitely the easiest to fly. I would also say that the 109 is the most effective, once you master it.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

I'll be flying the Huey but wishing for a Tiger Moth. The view is going to be too good to fly anything faster.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I may put effort into learning my Huey... the rotor heads are right, this map would be cool low and slow. Might even exit a bird and walk around a bit.

For me, I'll certainly play in the Stang and Spit, Stang mostly. My real dream is the Thunderbolt. I have a feeling that once this matures a bit, I'll drive the Bolt and the XIV.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )