Viggen rearm refuel repair changes?

NeoHelios

From what I understand, the Viggen was designed to be turned around really quickly from possibly remote locations. Will this be reflected in DCS?

For example...

Will RRR (repair, rearm, refuel) duration be reduced?

Will RRR be available at FARPs along a stretch of highway, or something?

Will the mission designer allow us to implement RRR anywhere on the map (ie. specified location on a highway)

Will the Viggen be more "rugged" to withstand our lovely, though robust, Balkan "Bane of All Landing Gears" Bluegrass?

(I don't actually know what kind of grass Georgia has in real life, but you know what I mean)

Thanks in advance!

VF-111 Sundowners

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-16 Viper :: F-14 Tomcat :: F-18 Hornet :: A-10C Warthog :: AV-8B Harrier II :: AJS-37 Viggen :: Ka-50 Black Shark

vCG-1 callsign: Cloudy

I doubt even the Viggen can land on grass. I believe they can operate from highways however. I also doubt whether they can refuel and rearm any faster than any other modern jet fighter - the key is they can do so from improvised bases. It would certainly be good if we could place a tactical improvised Base on suitabe stretches of roads, but I suspect it'll be a feature ED would need to incorporate into the Base code?

Edited by NeilWillis

I doubt even the Vivien can land on grass. I believe they can operate from highways however. I also doubt whether they can refuel and rearm any faster than any other modern jet fighter - the key is they can do so from improvised bases. It would certainly be good if we could place a tactical improvised Base on suitabe stretches of roads, but I suspect it'll be a feature ED would need to incorporate into the Base code?

Well the AVG Turnaround time for a Viggen

(Fully Refuling and re-arming and making it ready for take off again)

Was less then 10 minutes (And that is with a team of 7 Ground crew made up of 6 Conscripts and 1 Officer)

and to my knowledge that is less then what it takes for most other aircraft even if their standard number of groundcrew is larger.

(and that is just the AVG ive heard of some groundcrew that regularly did complete turnarounds in 8 minutes with full weapons loads)

And this time would be the same at a road base or at "proper" airbase.

I think in general the DCS ground crews can't be said to be working very slowly, quite on the contrary. Concerning improvised bases, that's most probably not supposed to be any meadows and fields - if I remember correctly the main roads and highways in Sweden were specifically designed to be used as makeshift runways by having long stretches that are actually straight and have few obstacles around them.

Concerning the idea of putting a FARP at the side of a road: I think that could actually work in DCS already.

I think in general the DCS ground crews can't be said to be working very slowly, quite on the contrary. Concerning improvised bases, that's most probably not supposed to be any meadows and fields - if I remember correctly the main roads and highways in Sweden were specifically designed to be used as makeshift runways by having long stretches that are actually straight and have few obstacles around them.

Concerning the idea of putting a FARP at the side of a road: I think that could actually work in DCS already.

Well the Few Obstacles thing is not really true =P.

As MANY of the road bases had Trees just on either way of the Road/Runway.

If i remember correctly the narrowest Road runways where as narrow as 8m (12-24 was standard)

and there would be atleast another 4m on each side of the runway that was cleared (and usually a bit more but not always)

but beyond that there could be and usually was trees.

(The Roadstrips where also between 800m-2000m long)

So even on the strips that were 12-24m wide it would still be pretty narrow if there were trees on either side especially if we are talking a landing are night on in bad weather

(and could be even more scary during the winter).

It was not just the Highways and Main roads as plenty of "smaller" roads in the area surrounding an airbase would be made into roadbases as well.

(in the 5-10Km range around an airbase there were usually a few road bases both long and short)

Edited by mattebubben

DCS has the RRR really simplified.

A real aircraft should take hours to be ready. A great example is CMANO.

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=3262

I really think that those fast times in the Viggen are really a huge advantage in a real war scenario.

I tested it and you can´t rearm planes or helicopters outside the FARP, even at few meters... I think ED should implement it

Edited by il_corleone

Will RRR be available at FARPs along a stretch of highway, or something?

Thanks in advance!

This is something i would like to know also, its a great thing being able to land on a road. but without rearming and refueling, its more of a party trick than a advantage.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Does anyone one has a video link that show the full turn around/quick turn/ICT/etc. without cuts or editing? I would just like to see a full turn without video edits, cuts.

For example, this video has cuts and edits, so you do not know how long it actually takes.

QSkSGWXurUE

same here

LiLexmbZ7LY

49L9BlYQSjw

iLkuJgC_BYY

IbsYsUvCy7s

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2973560&postcount=14

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2976221&postcount=26

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

A real aircraft should take hours to be ready. A great example is CMANO.

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=3262

This is a very interesting article, and I am surprised at the difference between the reported A-10C and the Viggen ready times. I would have thought there would be a bigger difference with as much touting that I personally perceived from the usual sources describing the Viggen's turnaround.

I'm not saying every second doesn't count on the battlefield, but I anticipated a greater difference than ten minutes saved IRL for complex CAS loadouts. EDIT: Make no mistake, I'm still very impressed with the skill and precision that these talented and dedicated crew teams exhibit to get these multi-ton beasts of war back into the air and ready for action so quickly.

Thank you for the link!

Edited by NeoHelios

VF-111 Sundowners

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-16 Viper :: F-14 Tomcat :: F-18 Hornet :: A-10C Warthog :: AV-8B Harrier II :: AJS-37 Viggen :: Ka-50 Black Shark

vCG-1 callsign: Cloudy

Viggen rearm refuel repair changes?

This is a very interesting article, and I am surprised at the difference between the reported A-10C and the Viggen ready times. I would have thought there would be a bigger difference with as much touting that I personally perceived from the usual sources describing the Viggen's turnaround.

I'm not saying every second doesn't count on the battlefield, but I anticipated a greater difference than ten minutes saved IRL for complex CAS loadouts.

Thank you for the link!

Keep in mind that the Viggen was always rearmed by a team of conscripted (19 year old) soldiers that had around 3 months of training when it came to aircraft maintenance.