If you were to choose between Flanker and Eagle...

Gierasimov

If you were to choose between Flanker and Eagle...  

383 members have voted

1. 1. If you were to choose between Flanker and Eagle...

• Su-27
    • F-15C

If it was the Su-35S I'd go with that, But the Su-27S is gonna be hopeless outclassed by F-15Cs of the same time period and its 120s. I don't see how having a full fidelity aircraft with only semi-active air to air weapons is gonna "even" the odds for the red side.

A J-11B or more modern/export version like the Su-30M yes, but vanilla Russian Su-27 circa late 80s - early 90s No thanks. I'd really like to see a version with Precision attack capability, but that probably wont happen ever :(

sukhoi-30-mkis-iafs-bet.jpg?w=624

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Su-27 SM or MK variants will also be a great addition. We really want Su-27 variant in DCS. I can also make do with Mig-29(like it better than Su tbh) variant. It would really break my heart if ED announces another BLUFOR. I have both Hornet and Viper and it's getting repetative. I want arm up some new 77s and A2G like fab, kab, kmgus, kH missiles and cruise missiles etc. Su-30MkI variant of India can carry Brahmos cruise missiles.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Flanker hands down. Love the F-15 but we already have many capable 4th gen Blue planes

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

• 4 months later...
SU27 dream plane for me, but that aside does this poll actually have any significance ? Did ED respond or have acknowledged this poll ?

Edit:

That is interesting question. As two place poll with a good sample size prefers Su-27 over F-15C by about twice as many.

That is not a close call nor arguable to be irrelevant.

But we seem to have a change to get a MiG-29A so.... At least something would turn from the voices.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Just by the fact its a analog system and indicators are more limited and not as "smart" or user friendly relative to other types. They in turn have Alpha Numeric symbology for more accurate and specific threat type identification, threat rings give a better idea of the severity of the threats, general distance, more precise direction , threat prioritization and such. To summarize the way the information is presented is just far more sophisticated and more user friendly for the pilot on stuff like the ALR56 or the ALR67 than the SPo15 by a fair margin.

Agree. It gets overlooked, but the Soviet era RWR do not afford the situational awareness of their western contemporaries.

That said, I voted Su-27. :)

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

27 all the way

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

This is one of the few things about ED that actually pisses me off. If the 15 is your dream plane I understand, but from a buisness perspective what other modern blufor will you make? The Rafale? Gripen? Razbams F-15E will eat up into an F-15C profits. How many of basicly the same jet do we need? I know most people are playing single player but the general enviroment of DCS can't be ignored. As of no we have to pretend Blufor planes are bad guys to play online. IF I get the typhoon and thats a big IF the only reason will be to pretend its a Su. To me its a no brainer.

I'm sure more people want a SU-27 and I would be happy to get one, but to be honest I don't really love operating Russian aircraft. The cockpits are ergonomic nightmares, everything's in metric, and the HUD and Avionics are never user-friendly. I'd be happy to experience it as a curiosity, as I do with the MiG-21 and MiG-15, but doubt I'd play with it regularly. I would fly the F-15 much more.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Maybe because I live in a country that uses the sensible and intuitive metric system, maybe because I started with the Su-25 & Su-27, but to be honest I don't really love operating US aircraft (...), everything's in imperial (Knots - I mean - are we sailing ?), and the HUD and Avionics are never intuitive

;)

Cheers.

In a vacuum I'd go for the F-15A/C, but I'd prefer a mid-to-late Cold War variant than a modern one.

But given the RED/BLUE disparity with full-fidelity aircraft, I'm going to go with the Su-27S, even if it is the first production variant (it's my perfect era in any case).

If it was the Su-35S I'd go with that, But the Su-27S is gonna be hopeless outclassed by F-15Cs of the same time period and its 120s. I don't see how having a full fidelity aircraft with only semi-active air to air weapons is gonna "even" the odds for the red side.

The Su-27S is what, mid-80s? The AMRAAM entered service early 90s (AIM-120A, mid-90s for the AIM-120B/C), it's not a massive gap but if you keep the F-15C to the 80s, it'll be a Fox1/Fox 2 fight, where the odds are closer together.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

It would be cool if they could get enough info on Su-27M to make it (some were produced and tested so I guess some manuals exist somewhere). It has a more modern N011 radar with some A2G radar modes, I guess it would have had R-77 support, etc. while at the same time it never entered service and its tech is more or less completely outdated.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!