[RESOLVED] Velocity vector stuck

Grift-06

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with the velocity vector (FPM), it's stuck for the rudder axis.

I mean when I pull the stick back, the FPM is a bit late, but no with the rudder.

So when I land with crosswind I cannot see where I'm going. Or another exemple when I put the autopilot on a turn with the holding altitude selected, the FPM is not on the horizon.

There are some other little bugs since the Supercarrier update....

Same here.

In APP mode, the ladder shows the good direction.

Edited by Wagner

Win10 64 / Intel Core i5-9400F/ 32Go RAM / GeForce GTX 2070s / HOTAS Warthog

french speaking here...

Callsign ZeeWag on DCS

Callsign "Wagner" since 1998 (Falcon 4.0, Longbow II...)

Yes confirmed.

The HUD is caged. That's a bug.

Not great quality, and the pilot forgot the landing gear. But you can see cross wind effect in the HUD.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yes confirmed.

The HUD is caged. That's a bug.

Not great quality, and the pilot forgot the landing gear. But you can see cross wind effect in the HUD.

That was hilarious! :megalol:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

• 3 months later...
Ah, it seems this has been fixed recently! Now crosswind approaches are sooo easy :)

Indeed, the problem seems to fixed in Open Beta, it's reacting to both side slip and cross wind.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 2 weeks later...

No, it was somewhat wrongly fixed.

With wings horizontal, when using the rudder, HUD velocity vector moves from left to right as it should.

Roll 90° either side, and use the rudder with wings vertical. Velocity vector doesn't move left and right, but up and down...

• 2 weeks later...
No, it was somewhat wrongly fixed.

With wings horizontal, when using the rudder, HUD velocity vector moves from left to right as it should.

Roll 90° either side, and use the rudder with wings vertical. Velocity vector doesn't move left and right, but up and down...

Yes this other issue is known already. Moving to resolved, another sneaky update that made its way in

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Latest update definitely made a change, but... it's still messed up.

When flying with 90 left or right bank, and using the rudder, the FPM should move left-right. In the previous update, it was moving up-down. In the new update, it's moving along a 45° axis, bottom left > top right or bottom right > top left.

Come on...

• 4 weeks later...