Mission Editor Issues

-All menu items visible on all resolution settings

-Helicopters placed on appropriate pad rather than centre icon of FARP

-Sort option working for Trigger Zones

-Mouse wheel scrolling only affecting the menu that the cursor is over.

*Kind of a feature request. But headache inducing in a big campaign.

-Hide engagement and detection zones for units, either selectively or globally

Edited by 045
Better align with original posting instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

The ME is in some respects so limited, that it is hard to only state bugs but no features.

For my level of MEing, there are actualy not that many bugs.

1. Change coalations after intital setup

2. Remove trees and objects does not sync in multiplayer

3. "spawn on ground" or "spawn on ground (hot)" function for client aircraft (I count this as a bug, as I modify the file myself after every update)

4. Rivers and lakes are not considered water for appropriately sized ships (Lake Mead is big enough for AShW exercises)

5. No indication that AI waypoints are too short for a given task (already mentioned)

Features:

1. Polygonal trigger zones, at least triangular and rectangular, country borders (PG and Caucasus) and airspaces (NTTR) "trigger-zone-able" (nearly a bug for me)

2. FARPs with scaleable FARP-zones/mobile FARP zones (road bases for Viggens, Hornets, Harriers, already mentioned)

3. Better Weather UI (easier dynamic weather setup, multiple layers (XPlane 11)) and actual real time weather like in FSX or similar

4. Hidden units not actually hidded, but faded to ~20% or hidden but shown when mouse-over + easy key binding to hide/unhide objects

5. Setup for a multi level F10 radio menu for cascaded triggers/new units spawn/... (like MOOSE; ex.: F10 -> F1: blue, F2: red, -> ..F2.. -> F1: SAMs, F2: Patrols, F3: Flights ...)

• Like 1

Alias in Discord: Mailman

Some issues below, mostly based on SP missions:

1. KA-50 Target point entries and other aircrafts custom radio frequencies entries are deleted if the players aircraft is changed to an AI flight (for testing) then reverted back to a human player setting, wish these entries would be kept though this transition even though the AI doesn't use them.
  2. Unit radio transmissions in MP improvement, as often only the host has access.
  3. Placing FARP in a wooded area no longer removes trees from the placement location - This has been very random for me, seems the more times you test a mission in succession the more likely it will fail, only fix usually is to close DCS and restart back into the Mission editor.
  4. Scenery Remove objects zone will remove buildings but not always trees - Same as the FARP issue, randomly works then not.
  5. Often when selecting a unit that you may wish to amend, only the last vehicle placed will be highlighted during selection. Resulting in having to reselect the unit in the group you wanted to change
  6. Copy and pasting or moving multiple single units at a time and then positioning them accurately is difficult and fiddly - Need to be able to mark units by drawing box around them and dragging them into position whilst being able to still see the units.
  7. Trees in Caucusas map dynamically grow and shrink when zooming in and out of Map, and not until you zoom in to the maximum do some trees appear, making ground unit placement difficult to avoid being put in a treed area.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Couple off the top of my head..

1. Copy function inside the switched conditions panel does not really work well. Example: Copy and paste a radio transmission, go in and edit copy#2 and it will also automatically edit/change copy#1.

2. Lack of undo button can be frustrating. (not a bug, but I would really like one).

3. Mission Briefing: We need to be able to format this, add tables, etc... Right now it is hard to make it look neat and organized. (again, not a bug per se, but annoying).

Edited by Sedlo

1. No undo function
  2. Have to reload manually in the editor any script file every time it is updated
  3. No button to switch between imperial/metric systems
  4. Can't display true/magnetic headings, only GRID is available
  5. Out of order trigger conditions types
  6. No possibility to review ground units sensors or special abilities (for JTAC, for refuel, rearm, etc…)
  7. Outdated documentation
  8. No way to place manually dynamic weather zones
  9. No script console available during mission tests
  10. No smart auto-naming feature for groups and units

• Like 1

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

• 1 month later...

Jumping of airport parking position when selecting group

.) If I click on an aircraft in a group of at least two aircraft, the airport parking position of number 2 is changed to another parking position in the moment I click on an aircraft.

Happened on Kutaisi. Group of two "Client" aircraft on positions 37 and 38. If I click on the group, number two is positioned at 39.

VERY annoying.

Latest OpenBeta.

.) More callsigns (e.g. Viper, Tiger, Typhoon, King, Snake, Wulf, bla bla...)

.) Shorten text for better reading in the selection box

"Takeoff from ramp" to "TO ramp"

"Takeoff from parking hot" to "TO park hot"

"Takeoff from runway" to "TO runway"

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 1 year later...

1- Not being able to select several groups at the same time (eg CTRL + Left mouse button)

2- Following point 1, it is not possible to create templates formed by different groups.

3- In the resource manager panel(warehouse): I would like to also be able to select farp careers, ect with the Copy to command

4- I would like to be able to customize the routes of the air units with different colors

5- Export a kneeboard with the flight plan from the mission editor

6- Possibility to count all units or groups inside trigger zone at mission start and add conditions for example "the units are less of 50%"

7- Possibility to show/hide user objects for typology( es. hide only airplanes)

• Like 2

101^Squadrone Multiruolo Ariete 

by SimItaliaGames.com | WebSite FaceBook Forum Discord

Visit: AF Allied Forces

Joint Operations, Joint Communities

Un progetto per promuovere la collaborazione tra gruppi volo virtuali!

• 1 month later...

Additional issues since at least 2.5.6:

-Unit parking slot selection frequently disappears.
-Liveries always reset to default in the drop-down menu, but appears to maintain saved livery in payload preview.

-Units/static objects will sometimes shift position when clicked.

• 2 months later...

-Groups, WP, static objects tend to move when selected.

-Possibility to lock groups/units/statcs objects to avoid moving/deleting or modifying by mistake.

-Confirmation message when deleting a group.

-Possibility of routes between the different WP of a group with different colors.

-Triggers with the possibility of momentarily disabling them for testing in the edition, without having to eliminate them and generate them again.

-flags with names to better recognize each one.

-In the action of triggers, you can filter the lists of units in the different actions to facilitate searches.

-Possibility to create a box with the mouse and select several static objects.

-Possibility to select several static objects and move them together.

-Ctrl + Z

-Possibility to configure that the AI units remain running in the slot x time before moving and proceeding.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Brett_Jett said:

- combined joint task forces not working anymore

- installed mods flyable over the mainscreen instant action but not appearing in mission editor 

Any chance you enabled historical mode?

Historical_mode.png

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

In the ME, together with the PAYLOAD RESTRICTION option, there is the possibility of restricting all weapons, and then being able to enable those that you want to allow. Going through the entire list restricting one by one is usually very laborious

Something like that..

Screen_220312_091053.jpg

• Like 1

A drag box select, allowing you to move and rotate multiple units at once would alleviate a huge headache when designing missions

Secondly a undo and redo function would be great.

also. being able to have troops loaded into vehicles at mission start would also help avoid alot of the buggyness that comes with embarking troops.

• 3 weeks later...

I would really like to be able to group the triggers in folders, so that I can separate and order appropriate groups and facilitate editing.

And why not activate a folder or group with a trigger or flag.

Maybe something like that.

FOLDERS.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

In a Custom mission I am using the Zone 1,2,3,4,5 to pick a spot to Clear of Trees and Buildings 10% of the time when I jump into the mission it works fine. Then go back into M.E. and in all new Zones made the Areas will not clear. The only way to Make them Clear is to Save Quit the M.E. and exit DCS then Start it all up and then the New Ares will Be Cleared. You can save the map every time before going into M.E. it don't matter it will still not work. MAP The Eastern Black Sea. Aircraft. Huey, Single Heli Port, Trigger Zone 1, Size 500 Mission Start, Remove Static Objects. Both ALL, TREES, STRUCTURES, used.

• 2 weeks later...

Using the F15C, One small bug i just noticed in ME was there's an area where it says "civil" where it lists the weight and ammo rounds. When you "check" civil plane the ammo disappears as it should i guess.

But when you recheck this "civil" box the ammo is not loaded. I went to where you choose the different loadouts/skins and made sure there was indeed ammo, in this case i was only using guns, but nothing fires even tho it said ammo was there from the previous screen.

Ultimately i had to delete the flight from ME and reload new planes then it worked.

thanks in advance for the support

Image1.jpg

⁼ЅϮгаίϱϦϮеϗ цр, ϜІу ГϊϱϦϮ⁼

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It appears the "bombing" and "attack map object" triangle click boxes have become miniscule in the most recent update. Attempting to click the triangle deselects the flight plan. I have to zoom all the way in until the distance scale reads 70ft before I am able to accurately click and drag the triangle.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is anything actually being done with this thread? It's been open since 2019 and I see no change with the ME.

Lacking basic undo, redo, select via click and drag, move multiple elements is super frustrating and makes mission and campaign building too much work. 

I'd also like to see the action bomb in zone changed to bomb impact in zone, then we could actually use the practice bombs in training missions. 

• 2 weeks later...

QoL issues:

Right-click and drag to move "camera" across the map deselects currently selected unit, making placement of long-distance waypoints difficult as selecting a unit through the Unit's List automatically zooms the map view onto that unit. 

"Uncontrolled" often unchecks itself when adding/editing waypoints. 

Bearing/distance info for selected waypoint for precise waypoint placement instead of trial-and-error using the Ruler tool.

Edited by Nealius