Hybrid Helios Project: F/A-18C Hornet AMPCD

I've been looking for options to have a stand alone MFD using the Thrustmaster MFD Cougar. I investigated various options from RaspberryPi to cheap-ish Chinese HDMI displays, and I finally settled on, surprise, surprise, Helios on a Windows tablet. I've documented a reasonable amount of this project on GitHub including some information about changing the cable of the MFD.

The AMPCD is completely wireless until the battery in the tablet runs out, and medium term, I'll probably mount this behind some plywood or MDF along with the left and right MFD's using the same approach.

I thought I'd post here in case it piques anyone's interest.

Cheers

AMPCD.thumb.png.7c819e38204160bc4526cd30cf9dd3b8.png

BlueFinBima

Latest Helios Virtual Cockpit Team version of Helios can be found on Github

BlueFinBima Helios YouTube

link not working

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

@Sabre_Ewan and @MarkTRurner1960, thanks for the heads up about the links. I've clicked them all and they all work for me.... I need to think about what might be going on. Could one of you type "https://github.com/BlueFinBima/DCS-Helios-MFD/blob/master/README.md" into a browser and see what happens? If that does not work, then try "https://github.com/BlueFinBima/DCS-Helios-MFD"?

Thanks

BlueFinBima

Latest Helios Virtual Cockpit Team version of Helios can be found on Github

BlueFinBima Helios YouTube