two years in

Muddy17

Well I have two years on and off with this little beast and have come to the conclusion that ,,,It is still one of the best 3rd party units.

I read a lot of complaining and just had to put down some positive comments and my thanks to the Devs for countless hours of frustration taming this beast. ( this old school tech would never be easy to master IRL)

I am able to be combat functional and I personally think it handles as this airframe would.

Overall I enjoy the s*#t out of it. Thanks for taking my money lol, and I recommend this aircraft to everyone.

Muddy.

• 2 weeks later...
I, too, love the Mig-21. Great aircraft, and I adore flying it every time I'm behind the stick.

if it seems like I complain too much about it. Please remember that I only complain because I care.

It's an entertaining module to fly. Nothing like landing a narrow-span delta fighter with the wing loading of a steam locomotive to remind me of what a dreadful virtual pilot I am :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

• 4 months later...

Yup, my favorite ride until I got VR, and it became barely playable due to FPS issues.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yup, my favorite ride until I got VR, and it became barely playable due to FPS issues.

It's a VR for you and forget about them for a long time VR is not polished and for now it is not suitable for comfortable flying in DCS and other simulatoro it still has to take some time before it will be 100% product in which FPS will be stable. Go boldly to trackir 5 and you will be pleased to be my good advice :)

It's a VR for you and forget about them for a long time VR is not polished and for now it is not suitable for comfortable flying in DCS and other simulatoro it still has to take some time before it will be 100% product in which FPS will be stable. Go boldly to trackir 5 and you will be pleased to be my good advice :)

Yeah I have trackIR, and since I went VR, I never use it. Would be nice if the mig got fixed for VR.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yes, Rudel is reworking entire cockpit to make it compatible with VR.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I love the MIG. It's just too bad I can not really use it in PVP, as I am practically blind with the current cockpit glass + using VR.

...So it is the only plane I purly fly on non-pvp servers. Nevertheless I do enjoy flying it.

Yes, Rudel is reworking entire cockpit to make it compatible with VR.

Thank god... And fixing the ASP would be nice.

I think M3 is getting some help from ED in their making of the MAC Mig-21, and thats good!

Lets hope for a working ASP, realistic SPO-10 and a pilotbody and new cockpit and clean canopy! Thats a pretty long list! Happy days!

A lot to be happy about for Mig-21 drivers!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy dev time!

We're planning on a beefy development update regarding Eagle, Corsair and of course Fishbed. I think it will be ready today, so stay tuned guys.

Edited by Hiromachi

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

We're planning on a beefy update regarding Eagle, Corsair and of course Fishbed. I think it will be ready today, so stay tuned guys.

Awesome, can't wait! :joystick:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg