C-101 on Steam

I don't know about you guys, but I still haven't seen the C-101 pop up on steam to buy. I mean, I know it takes a bit to bring modules over to Steam, but this has been quite a while. Are there any updates to this I haven't seen, or any things I don't know about? Will the C-101 ever come to Steam?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

May I recommend, all you Steam users, to just migrate to pure DCS instead?

You get the benefit of faster updates, faster access to new modules and better control of your setup.

(You can even revert updates if you want.)

In addition you support the developers better, because Steam will no longer get a cut of your payments.

Finally, if you want, you can keep your advantages of Steam integration by adding the pure DCS as an Non-Steam game shortcut in Steam.

This way your friends can see when you are playing, you can stream and chat and take screenshots exactly as before.

This is the solution I have been using since a long time.

I started on Steam as well, back in the day.

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

For some of you DCS on Steam may not offer any advantages, but for some of us it does. For example, I live in Thailand and would be lucky to go get download rate of 200KB/s from ED's file server, normally it just swing around 30-100KB/s. While on Steam I can get a download rate upto 2.4MB/s which save me lot of time.

Also, Steam automatically keep all the modules you own up to date, so you don't to download separate installer for each which make thing much simpler, especially when you need to reinstall your PC system, just one click and Steam will download and install DCS and all modules you own for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

Eh, DCS does the same..

It checks every time you start it up, and offers to update.

The download speed is a real problem though.

ED should look into that.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use