C-101 Coming to Steam?

Zilch

I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but my search turned up no results.

I've been looking forward to trying out the C-101, and would love to support AvioDev as soon as I can. However, since I'm using the Steam client, I can't purchase it.

I expected a 2-week delay before it hit Steam, but here it's been longer than that and I'm wondering if there is a problem, if the C-101 will be on Steam, or if there are no plans to do so.

If the C-101 isn't coming to Steam, I guess I'll have to migrate all my stuff over to the stand-alone client at some point...not looking forward to that process.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

"since I'm using the Steam client, I can't purchase it."

Completely not true and a common mis judgement...

What it means by 'Keys purchased here can not be used to activate DCS products on Steam!' is that it can't be activated on steam to get the product on steam. Eg. if you bought Black Shark 2 on the website, you can't activate the steam version of it.

However, that put aside, if you purchase it from the DCS website, what you can do is download the files from the website. Install it to the steam folder and still use your code. It will all still work, trust me. The only difference is you have to manually update it.

I have both the BAE Hawk and the FW 190 from the DCS website but I still use the steam version of the game. It works perfectly but I forget to update them :)

Hope this helps and if you have any questions, just let me know.

TL;DR No news on steam but it is possible to use the version you buy on the website with steam, I've done it.

I have not heard or read anything about this, but having migrated from steam to the stand alone I can tell you it really isn't that hard. the worst part about it is downloading all of your modules.

"Failure is always an option and landing is always optional."

-Cal the Almighty

-Founder of the Pandas

-Callsign: Mother

Warning: Prolonged exposure to DCS Forums may cause tourettes syndrome.

Sometimes I don't know which plane to fly:helpsmilie::pilotfly:

"since I'm using the Steam client, I can't purchase it."

Completely not true and a common mis judgement...

What it means by 'Keys purchased here can not be used to activate DCS products on Steam!' is that it can't be activated on steam to get the product on steam. Eg. if you bought Black Shark 2 on the website, you can't activate the steam version of it.

However, that put aside, if you purchase it from the DCS website, what you can do is download the files from the website. Install it to the steam folder and still use your code. It will all still work, trust me. The only difference is you have to manually update it.

I have both the BAE Hawk and the FW 190 from the DCS website but I still use the steam version of the game. It works perfectly but I forget to update them :)

Hope this helps and if you have any questions, just let me know.

TL;DR No news on steam but it is possible to use the version you buy on the website with steam, I've done it.

There are ways to make it auto-update, which is what I've done for all my Store modules. I use the Steam version, with a couple modifications, and each steam update will update all modules, even if you don't own them. The updates are all-inclusive.

There are ways to make it auto-update, which is what I've done for all my Store modules. I use the Steam version, with a couple modifications, and each steam update will update all modules, even if you don't own them. The updates are all-inclusive.

How do you do that?

Just migrate, it will be better in the long run.

I just buy the modules whereever the deal is better, because getting the key out of steam and adding it to your dcs account is a doddle.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but my search turned up no results.

I've been looking forward to trying out the C-101, and would love to support AvioDev as soon as I can. However, since I'm using the Steam client, I can't purchase it.

I expected a 2-week delay before it hit Steam, but here it's been longer than that and I'm wondering if there is a problem, if the C-101 will be on Steam, or if there are no plans to do so.

If the C-101 isn't coming to Steam, I guess I'll have to migrate all my stuff over to the stand-alone client at some point...not looking forward to that process.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

I went from steam to standalone for this same reason, Infact its so easy to switch it took me 10 mins to change my keys over, The only thing that took awhile was downloading the standalone dcs client, Its the best thing i ever did (apart from reinstalling mods). Im so impatient to get my hands on modules that is was a no brainer, The module manager is a nice feature to :)