Formation Visual References for C-101EB

ruddy122

Hi guys,

Are there some good visual references from the cockpit, the pilots use to maintain formation?

I created a quick mission that I tried to maintain close visual formation with the L-39.

The more I fly the C-101, the more I love it.

Any words of advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

The primary reference on this aircraft it's call (Luz-Casco), means Light-Helmet.

So basically you have to align the nav light (green or red depending on what side are you making the formation) of the wing's leader to his helmet, in fact a little bit below, so you can still see him for any visual indication.

Both wings cannot be overlapped. In the cockpit screen you can see how I'm going very slightly back, and with more separation than desired on lateral aspect, the wing corner should be aligned with the rear cockpit seat.

If you are flying in formation with the L-39, as far as it's also a straight wing aircraft, references should be ok.

attachment.php?attachmentid=113521&stc=1&d=1424772323

attachment.php?attachmentid=113522&stc=1&d=1424772323

culoporeferenceluz.thumb.jpg.49e990dc4671d898ebd2cd2af1ca1bcf.jpg

culoporeference.thumb.jpg.4185b7f8df2f56a2fa1ce452c1dda836.jpg

Edited by JuanOscar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JuanOscar,

Thank you for the pictures. I will try it right away.

Are there other formation positions besides close formation the Spanish Air Force teach their pilots?

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

• 2 weeks later...

Juan Oscar,

Is there some common tactical formation positions the Spanish Air Force practices for the C-101?

And is there a common KIAS airspeed in which they usually fly formation (ex. 280KIAS, 290KIAS, 300KIAS)?

I'm trying to build an SP mission in which the computer flies from Sochi to Senaki and the Player rejoins and tries to maintain formation within 500 ft and 1/2 nm.

I'm still trying to figure out if I can put an A/A Tacan between each other like 29Y/62Y

Any thoughts would be great and I love flying the little blackbird

Cheers,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

Hi,

Tac formations are performed with the F-5M in the fighter school, but on DCS nothing can stop you to fly tactical formations with the C-101, and there is no specific speed, you can be flexible.

More info regarding this, will come with the training lesson. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]