Fictional Load-Out: Sea Eagle ASM

Tango

Fictional Load-Out: Sea Eagle ASM  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Fictional Load-Out: Sea Eagle ASM

DCS is set in a fictional timeline, so making fictional sub variants of aircraft is hardly an issue. I don't imagine rigging a C-101CC for a Sea Eagle and Maverick load out would be a difficult task. It's less ridiculous than throwing US paint on a Ka-50 and Russian paint on an A-10 and having them fight, something ED already lets us do.

Edited by Zakatak

I can see scenarios where rebel groups gather and scavenge what ever weapons and hardware they can muster. If one can (I think I read post where this is possible) deplete a weapons availability at start of mission, then strange weaponry should be allowed.

It does happen in reality. If your in a conflict, sometimes you scrounge up what you can.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

So what was decided from this poll?

Yes, I would like to know this, and other loadouts too. Because I will not buy the C-101CC just to fire some unguided rockets and drop four mk82s.

I do understand that some people just want to fly. But this is not a Digital Civilian Simulator ;)

Yes and No.

To clarify;

No -- this would create strain on develeopment resources, to model new bombs & missiles.

Yes -- it would neccsitate that ED would need to support new (modern) weaponry.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Hello,

I'm from Chile and have had in the past the opportunity to gather some data about the C101 on Chile's Air Force service.

On 1985 the chilean manufacturer ENAER, which had assembled the C101 under license from CASA, proposed the use of the anti shipping Sea Eagle missile ... the modification was to include a Ferranti HUD 4510 and Ferranti FIN2000 inertial navigation system.

No on-board radar was considered, since the proposed tactical use would be operating in pairs alongside a patrol modified Beechcraft 99A, which would hold the radar and relay targeting info to the C101.

ENAER used the aircraft #413 as aerodynamic test bed and presented it at FIDAE 1986:

413_1.JPG

The project was canceled shortly after, because of complaints from the Chilean Navy, who resented the Air Force's intrusion on its maritime battlefield ... instead, the Chilean Navy was given the go-ahead to purchase Exocet equipped helicopters, eight units of Eurocopter AS332 Cougars.

Another interesting modification proposed by ENAER on 1997, was the installation of Israeli IR missies, the Shafrir II ... to be used together with a HUD and fire control system similar to the one used on Chile's Mirage V.

ENAER used the aircraft #437 as prototype, here are a pair of photos of this plane, where the FACH censor has erased the aircraft ID numbers:

HALCON2.JPG

a36llaima.jpg

I don't know if this project went beyond the prototype stage.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello,

I'm from Chile and have had in the past the opportunity to gather some data about the C101 on Chile's Air Force service.

On 1985 the chilean manufacturer ENAER, which had assembled the C101 under license from CASA, proposed the use of the anti shipping Sea Eagle missile ... the modification was to include a Ferranti HUD 4510 and Ferranti FIN2000 inertial navigation system.

No on-board radar was considered, since the proposed tactical use would be operating in pairs alongside a patrol modified Beechcraft 99A, which would hold the radar and relay targeting info to the C101.

ENAER used the aircraft #413 as aerodynamic test bed and presented it at FIDAE 1986:

413_1.JPG

The project was canceled shortly after, because of complaints from the Chilean Navy, who resented the Air Force's intrusion on its maritime battlefield ... instead, the Chilean Navy was given the go-ahead to purchase Exocet equipped helicopters, eight units of Eurocopter AS332 Cougars.

Another interesting modification proposed by ENAER on 1997, was the installation of Israeli IR missies, the Shafrir II ... to be used together with a HUD and fire control system similar to the one used on Chile's Mirage V.

ENAER used the aircraft #437 as prototype, here are a pair of photos of this plane, where the FACH censor has erased the aircraft ID numbers:

HALCON2.JPG

a36llaima.jpg

I don't know if this project went beyond the prototype stage.

Best regards,

Eduardo

nice information~

thanks~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

The aircraft actually has 6 hard-points, but the Sea Eagle is so big, you can't use them.

Yes, the aircraft is VERY heavy when carrying two of these.

C-101EB will be released first.

Best regards,

Tango.

Wait, so with these equiped, you cannot have any weapons on the other pylons! Not even a AIM9L for self defence?

Aww, I would've loved to have my dream C-101 CC loadout (2x AIM9L, 2x Sea Eagle and possibly 2x Rocket Pods) in DCS. I wouldn't mind if it would be heavy and/or overweight (although you could lower the amount of fuel payload carried as the C101, even on a low tank, has an excellent flying range).

So does this mean that the 2 Sea Eagles are all the plane can carry at once? If so, then this is unfortunately not the aircraft for me (even if it would be considered fictional, as several things are in DCS, it would the aircraft an awesome light somewhat-multirole aircraft if it could carry weapons on other pylons). In addition, I did try to crunch some numbers (namely thrust to weight, engine pounds of force, wing specifications, pylon distance etc.) and I found that, technically speaking, it should be possible to at least mount 2 Sea Eagles on the 2 most inner pylons then have 2 AIM9L's on the most outer pylons so that the plane can defend itself against aerial targets instead of calling in a risky AI or multiplayer CAP aircraft which can take time (and in DCS, as we know, every second and every advantage counts).

Well... "light", compared to an A-10... :D

@DimitryNZ: It can attack ships! You can't have everything. Even the Buccaneer in this role didn't do anything else. It's one reason the missile has huge range (to keep you over the RADAR horizon), and the attack profile was usually LO-LO-LO.

I can already think of some interesting missions for this! 8)

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

Well... "light", compared to an A-10... :D

@DimitryNZ: It can attack ships! You can't have everything. Even the Buccaneer in this role didn't do anything else. It's one reason the missile has huge range (to keep you over the RADAR horizon), and the attack profile was usually LO-LO-LO.

I can already think of some interesting missions for this! 8)

Best regards,

Tango.

Thanks for your reply :) I was wondering about adding air to air missiles on the outer pylons (with the missiles) as I'm incharge of training my small virtual air combat/acrobatic squad (basically just some of my mates and I) and this seems like the perfect aircraft for training our squad for acrobatics and weekly combat MP missions. I was just wondering, are the Sea Eagles only compatible in the center of the three pylons (on each wing)? Because it would be hugely beneficial if we could train 2 different weapons at once (i.e Sea Eagles on most inner pylon and AIM9L's on most outer pylons) for maximum training effieceny (and fun too, because who doesn't love blowing up ships!). Nonetheless, keep up the good work :smilewink: