F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

If anything, I think we can all agree on that we should be pitchforked to death at dawn if we don't deliver this winter or the F-14 just flat out sucks. Give us a chance to make do on both of those promises.

Lol, March 21st, the day of the pitchforks.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously guys, this is getting out of hand. Heatblur made their announcement. They said this winter (which hasn't even started yet) and some of you are already piling up the hay bales and gathering the jet fuel to burn them at the stake.

For those of you citing monetary reasons..... really? I don't remember Cobra traveling to my home and holding a gun up to my head when I preordered. Who's choice was that again? oh, wait.... mine, just like you when you chose to hit the purchase button.

This may be the first time I have actually considered PM'ing a moderator to ask to have a thread closed.

Cobra has way more important things to do than pander to your overzealous, and out of control expectations.

Get over yourselves and then enjoy the Tomcat when it releases.

Cobra, keep doing what your doing and don't apologize for anything in the update you are preparing for us as you stated in your earlier post. We all eagerly await the release of the Tomcat, and can wait until your satisfied with it before we fly it.

Thanks for bringing this legendary aircraft to DCS world.

Holy crap. I really hate this community. Not all of you... But a lot of you really suck. Cobra, I didn't preorder not because I don't trust you or heatblur but because I fundamentally disagree with preorders and I can afford to pay you without the discount. You guys keep doing your thing. The quality of the viggen speaks for itself and I'm sure the Tomcat will as well.

This may be the first time I have actually considered PM'ing a moderator to ask to have a thread closed.

Fun fact: There have been two threads. One was totally polite and mannerful (mostly). The other was full of CAPS and lots of salt. Would have been easier to close the latter one instead of merging them rainbowdashwink.png

The old one goes till #97. Was more of a "When do you expect it to happen, bro?" thread instead of the "DEVS PLZ GIV RELEASE DATE, you said 2018 somewhere" thing the whole thing now looks like applejackshocked.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Every thread asking for a release date should be like:

1-.User: When module X will be released?

2-.Developer: When is done

Thread closed.

Everytime someone ask for dates a little kitty dies.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Cobra847, I am sorry some in this forum have lost their minds of decency. I am sorry to have read some of the comments in the last 24 hours. You make a product as a third party and I am certain many here realize there are factors that effect this. I am certain based on what I have seen to date, this looks to be a great addition to the DCSWorld. I thank you for your efforts, as I am not certain but have a hunch your time and effort on this will be profitable, but not worth some of the pettiness found in these pages. Now, I say that with my wallet still in my pocket, waiting to see product, but I am fairly certain that once its time to be released, this will be a product your team is proud of, and ready to let the masses enjoy. Until that date, the amount of issues that could arise are numerous, some I imagine you can control, and others out of your control as a third party dev.

If it means anything, thanks for the current effort - and I do hope the forum corrects, and we observe a launch in the winter, and if not, well it IS A GAME... let us worry be angered about many things, but game launches I think we can all agree are nothing to get our blood going.

To be fair, we are getting an update all of a sudden due to this thread (as far as I know).

It's not really apparent if we would have been receiving one if this thread hadn't reached critical mass.

There is some truth in the adage "the squeaky wheel gets the oil". Just saying.

the squeaky wheel also does not reflect the masses - what if this update takes 1 person off task to say hey, we are going to be there... small company doing many things, I am certain each has several hats - I rather the code and art look on point than to be told - hey guys we are still a go for winter.

If getting the F14 in December means these guys have to pull crazy hours at work, I do NOT want it this month. Nobody should expect other people to work unhealthy hours so that you can fly your virtual jet.

Some people in this thread:

NAM5ce9.gif

your gif is on point good sir

If getting the F14 in December means these guys have to pull crazy hours at work, I do NOT want it this month. Nobody should expect other people to work unhealthy hours so that you can fly your virtual jet.

Some people in this thread:

NAM5ce9.gif

I nearly shot my beer out through my nose. Ha! and how true. :lol:

thank you Dev's, hang tight, and release when you're near the target.

LOL on this GIF.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I decided to write a little post on hoggit just reminding people of the human element which people (customers) often forget:

So, with the recent HB drama (seriously guys, it seems some of you turn on a new dev every week) /u/Cobra8472 made a comment on the ED forums that they have had to do multiple 120 hour weeks . I find this practice of "crunching" to be a real shame, nobody should be "forced" to work those sorts of hours. Not only is it unhealthy but it could possibly lead to subpar work due to extreme fatigue (obviously the health part being the bigger concern).

I don't know when it became "acceptable" in the gaming industry for game devs to do this sort of crunch time but it seems rather wide spread. It is a practice that really should not be supported by employees or customers, but sadly a lot of customers just seem to be a bunch of Verruca Salts and "want it now!" no matter the cost to other humans. Now, I am not saying don't support heatblur at all, but seeing the community freak out to the point that hurting the moral of heatblur devs.

Screw everyone that is throwing a shitfit over not getting their virtual airplane ASAP, if it means these guys have to work those sorts of hours I don't WANT it this month. Sorry to rant and I understand any downvotes, but I really hate seeing customers think that other people's health are worth sacrificing so that they can have their toys sooner.

Some of you may not like Jim Sterling but he does a fantastic video on this sort of thing:

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Rather HB had Christmas off and finished the F-14 in the new year after they had some time to relax with family and friends.

No need to rush it, rather a more polished product than a rushed out the door one that is full of problems that wont get fixed until after Christmas anyway.

Take your time, have a good and safe Christmas with your family and friends, and relax for goodness sake you deserve it.

It's somewhat disheartening to be mocked for some sort of...

Just wanted to chime in and point out that all of this negative noise from a few folks is ultimately borne out of excitement to see and enjoy what you guys have worked to create. So that's at least a little silver lining, from my perspective. It's obvious to me and I expect most others here that you are considerate and professional artists/developers and are working HARD to push the needle further with as little comprise as is possible.

I for one am blown away with what I've seen so far an am super excited. You can't rush it... well you probably could... but you don't seem the type... It will be done when it's done and I think 99.999% of your customers appreciate that breaking the mold in terms of quality will take time.

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Came across this thread by accident, saw some wild accusations regarding promised release dates and stuff.

Funny thing is, a few days ago I told an old pal of mine (who introduced me to DCS back in the Black Shark days) that Heatblur's way of communicating with the community was exemplary and actually outstanding. Which I still believe 100%.

Anyway, I pre-purchased the Tomcat because I know the quality of their previous module (modules, if we include the MiG-21), and while I simply can't wait to lay my hands on the Tomcat, I honestly don't care if it gets released now or a year from now, as long as it lives up to the quality standards Heatblur have set themselves.

Anyone who feels entitled to a release no later than certain dates that were mentioned in the past... dunno. Get a life. Let the devs do their jobs. (And my understanding is that there's not even any delay at all, but I didn't actually read through billions of posts claiming one thing or the other, so maybe I'm wrong there. And like I said, who cares anyway?)

It's pretty unbelievable to read threads like this even before the stated realease window has begun... I mean come on... :huh:

And don't forget that in addition to making F-14 come alive - Heatblur is adding stuff & making bug fixes for the Viggen at an impressive rate :thumbup:

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

For goodness' sake.

I have to be pretty blunt and honest here. We have promised this winter. Please set your expectations accordingly. We're all grown-ups here and If you're uncomfortable with spending the $70 on pre-ordering without knowing exactly when we launch, then please don't. We'd rather you be happy and jump in when you feel that it's the right time. There will be ample warning for you to pre-order before the discount is removed. The 21st is community speculation run wild and is not, in any way, an official stance of ours.

It's somewhat disheartening to be mocked for some sort of sudden and grave PR disaster. If we've lied or cheated you in any way, please - feel free to ream us to hell and back.

Until then, trust in that we are focusing on building the perfect F-14 simulation that is excellent on day 1, in whichever winter month that day may be. As promised.

I'm going to quote myself again, ad nauseum for everyone here, I'm sure:

Stay tuned for a lengthier update tonight that delves into detail.

I haven't been here for ages, but I had to dig up my account for this.

Man, the work you guys are doing is tremendous, and is accordingly appreciated. I have nothing but respect and admiration for you. When the 21 came out, I bought it to show support for the team, even though I knew I wouldn't be flying it, just because the detail and quality of the module was making the dreaming little child in me happy. It was what I innocently believed all DCS modules would be like when ED started third party. Then it came out, I hopped in, and it was above these crazy expectations. Truly impressive.

What you guys are doing is incredible on so many different levels, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to realize this. I'm so sorry managing the community turned out to be yet another very hard challenge instead of being an encouragement on the road to delivering the Tomcat.

With the holidays around the corner, it's time for friends, family, and doing whatever makes you happy. Please don't feel pressured into delivering. You don't owe "us" anything. I know what quality I can expect from the team, and that's all I'm counting on. 2020? So be it. This isn't worth burning yourselves out.

I wish you and all the team all the best, and a peaceful holiday!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

Hey Guys,

I'm making a new thread for this so that we'll have one central thread for future discussions (and speculations :P) about the F-14's release date, if you feel so inclined. The last one got a little heated and congested. Try to keep things clean!

Apart from updating you more frequently on where we stand; I'll try to pop in here as much as I can to answer any questions that you may have.

With that said; our official guarantee is that DCS: F-14 releases this winter. Winter stretches from December 21st to March 20th.

We will give you ample warning to pre-order once we set a specific date.

Thanks as always for your support!

EDIT: This is not the update. It's just a continuation of the previous thread.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hey Guys,

I'm making a new thread for this so that we'll have one central thread for discussing (speculating :P) about the F-14's release date, if you feel so inclined. The last one got a little heated and congested. Try to keep things clean!

Apart from updating you more frequently on where we stand; I'll try to pop in here as much as I can to answer any questions that you may have.

With that said; our official guarantee is that DCS: F-14 releases this winter. Winter stretches from December 21st to March 20th.

We will give you ample warning to pre-order once we set a specific date.

Thanks as always for your support!

So that means not this year :( Since that isn't ample warning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]