Europe theater - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-01-2018, 03:20 AM   #11
Eight Ball

Having just read Red Storm Rising, I would sure love to see a cold war era map of Iceland.
Eight Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:30 AM   #12
FoxDelta

IMO Ex-Yugoslavia, should be choosen, for historical reasons and because of the airframes already fitting into it
FoxDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:07 AM   #13
SVTONY

I also agree that ex-Yugoslavia would be a good choice.

Aegean map is my personal pick for a European theater, due to the amount of different scenarios.

You have the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia for Yugoslav War missions, Bulgaria and Albania for Soviet/Warsaw Pact scenarios, and Greece and Turkey for a hypothetical war between them.

Small distance between countries and areas of interest on the map, as can be seen on the map I've attached:

Plenty of sea for carrier based operations.

Plenty of islands and coastline for amphibious assault missions.

Most current or upcoming aircraft in DCS fit the theater as well.

Intel Core i7-6800K/64GB DDR4/GeForce 1080/Windows 10/2TB HDD/1TB SSD
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:15 PM   #14
Xilon_x

even if I am Italian I believe that at present the priority map is to expand the current territory of the Caucasus to the Ukrainian high voltage and the war that could be generated between Russia and Ukraine today I heard this news ... ....... I do not make political comments even if I am Italian in Europe I do not tell you whether I support Russia or support ukraina I think only that RUSSIA has a great history behind it and must be respected.

THIS DAY

SU-25 AZOV SEA

Xilon_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:48 PM   #15
Harlikwin

A finsihed up caucus map would be great, but the lack of high fidelity red air kinda limits it.
Harlikwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:02 PM   #16
Boberro
Veteran

Instead of requesting over and over X terrain, it would be better to finally get terrain development tools as promised 10 years ago.

But nooooooo............, it is better to release one map for 5 years and keep tools for myself lol.

Boberro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:09 PM   #17
Leadnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilon_x View Post
even if I am Italian I believe that at present the priority map is to expand the current territory of the Caucasus to the Ukrainian high voltage and the war that could be generated between Russia and Ukraine today I heard this news ... ....... I do not make political comments even if I am Italian in Europe I do not tell you whether I support Russia or support ukraina I think only that RUSSIA has a great history behind it and must be respected.
Already hobbling together a campaign around this! The straight is at least on the map...
Leadnap is offline   Reply With Quote