Hawker Hunter. - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-16-2018, 04:15 PM   #11
razo+r
Veteran

I didn't mean ED by the "company" but Hawker themself.

Well yes you did mentioned this. Did I in any way disagree with your written post?

Rig: Maximus VII Ranger, 4790K @ 4.00 Ghz, MSI GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB non-oc RAM, 250 GB SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 10 64-bit
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:27 PM   #12
ouPhrontis

The Hunter fits well, the regions we have (and will have) fit (or can be interpreted to fit) with the conflicts the Hunter saw; the Suez Crisis, the Aden Emergency, the Sino-Indian War, the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965, the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, the Rhodesian Bush War, the Second Congo War, the Six-Day War, the War of Attrition, the Yom Kippur War, and the 2007 Lebanon conflict - to lift from W'pedia.

For whatever small benefit there may had from being able to pop up the road and ask nicely to be able to take measurements and photos of the F 5 WP190; I'd love to help in starting a simulation of this magnificent air-frame. They even have the 'Sabrina' pack and so forth on display. Yes it takes years to get it realized, but it starts somewhere.

Last edited by ouPhrontis; 05-16-2018 at 04:31 PM.
ouPhrontis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #13
ouPhrontis

On licencing issues, Hawker Aircraft was declared defunct in 1963 and Hawker Siddeley too in 1992. So who remains to be contacted regarding permission for simulating the aircraft, BAe, RAF?

I have procured pilots notes and service/repair manuals for the F6. Once upon a yesteryear I did pre-visualization, CGI using 3DS-Max 5, maybe it's time I dusted off some olde skills, if they still exist.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:57 PM   #14
Lunatic98

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo+r View Post
I didn't mean ED by the "company" but Hawker themself.

Well yes you did mentioned this. Did I in any way disagree with your written post?
Oh I see, my apologies razo+r

In that case, I believe that to be doubtful, Hawker aircraft went defunct and merged to Hawker Siddeley in 1963, Hawker Siddeley went defunct (with aircraft production) in 1977, the whole company merging with British aerospace, which then when defunct and merged to form BAe Systems in 1999. The Hunter ending production before these successive merges and ending frontline service 40+ years ago with the UK. So I can't imagine it really being a factor in that regards.
PC Specs: AMD FX-6300, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2x4GB) Sapphire Radeon 7870XT, Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Saitek X52 Pro, Track IR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Modules I own: AJS-37, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, MiG-15Bis, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, A-10C, UH-1H, FC3, Hawk, C-101, P-51D
Lunatic98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:18 PM   #15
razo+r
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic98 View Post
Oh I see, my apologies razo+r

In that case, I believe that to be doubtful, Hawker aircraft went defunct and merged to Hawker Siddeley in 1963, Hawker Siddeley went defunct (with aircraft production) in 1977, the whole company merging with British aerospace, which then when defunct and merged to form BAe Systems in 1999. The Hunter ending production before these successive merges and ending frontline service 40+ years ago with the UK. So I can't imagine it really being a factor in that regards.
I don't know if I should say this (sorry if I shouldn't have) but as far as I know, a group tried to make a module out of it and after contacting BAe, they didn't want them to do so.

Edit: Don't take it 1:1. That's just the impression I got with it.

Rig: Maximus VII Ranger, 4790K @ 4.00 Ghz, MSI GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB non-oc RAM, 250 GB SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 10 64-bit

Last edited by razo+r; 05-17-2018 at 11:13 AM.
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:33 PM   #16
ouPhrontis

Quote:
I don't know if I should say this (sorry if I shouldn't have) but as far as I know, a group tried to make a module out of it and after contacting BAe, they didn't want them to do so.
Well if that's the case then it's better to know than not. I'd still like to know for sure, as this is a very tempting project, material is out there and relatively obtainable, people still fly these today; including civilians. With just a few quick searches I found even more examples of these kites in my local area.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:08 PM   #17
Lunatic98

Quote:
Seems very odd I must say for an aircraft that finished it's service life with the UK 20 years before BAe even existed...

But if that's the case then blimey...
PC Specs: AMD FX-6300, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2x4GB) Sapphire Radeon 7870XT, Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Saitek X52 Pro, Track IR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Modules I own: AJS-37, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, MiG-15Bis, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, A-10C, UH-1H, FC3, Hawk, C-101, P-51D
Lunatic98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:23 AM   #18
the_soupdragon

Considering there are airframes in civilian hands too. It seems a bit silly to deny someone the rights to create a computer model of it. But thats corperate politics for you.

SD
Old 05-17-2018, 11:57 AM   #19
ouPhrontis

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soupdragon View Post
Considering there are airframes in civilian hands too. It seems a bit silly to deny someone the rights to create a computer model of it. But thats corperate politics for you.

SD
Not even sure what the legal standpoint is, or if it's some gentleman's agreement and people being polite.

It might end up being a horrific turd, but I'm gonna gather material for an F6/FGA9 and see what I can come up with; already have service manuals and pilot notes. Know that these were fitted with MB 2H, and that I'm looking at possibly two 'pits, one ground-pound t'other intercept. If it's horrid enough maybe it'll spur someone to dive in and save it.

Last edited by ouPhrontis; 05-17-2018 at 12:04 PM. Reason: typos
Old 05-17-2018, 12:21 PM   #20
the_soupdragon

LOL. Good luck mate.