104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info - Page 186 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-15-2018, 01:42 PM   #1851
[Maverick]
ED Testers Team

Yes, I'll get that done over the next few days for you.

104th Phoenix Squadron Leader / Total Poser / Elitist

"Dammit Jim, I'm a Squadron Leader, not a software developer!"

www.104thPhoenix.com
www.facebook.com/104thPhoenix
104th F-15C Skin
My YouTube Channel
[Maverick] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:20 PM   #1852
KungFu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceandar View Post
There's a good explanation from Maverick about how 104th design its mission in mind in this thread.
Personally, I like this airquake style mission as its simple and don't need some kind of preparation like you do in BF. Fly, shoot, and die then repeat or go to sleep with smile on your face
To me, Longbow was a good medium between air quake and at least some representation of a more realistic sortie. At least the aircraft on each side where more realistic. There were many choices of where to attack and there was some strategy involved. The missions running now seems to want to concentrate everyone in a small portion of the map.

I'm guessing that most people who like this air quake stuff are flying FC aircraft where there is little investment on learning/using the more advanced systems on other aircraft.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:00 PM   #1853
[Maverick]
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFu View Post
I'm guessing that most people who like this air quake stuff are flying FC aircraft where there is little investment on learning/using the more advanced systems on other aircraft.

People fly FC3 aircraft because PvP is way more competitive and difficult than certain people think it is, your guess couldn't be more wrong as most of the best PvP pilots in the sim fly full fidelity modules as well as FC3.

I'm all for realism too, but there is also a lot to be said about the adrenaline rush you get with so many aircraft crammed into one area on the map all fighting each other.
Its not for everyone, I get that... but neither is flying 400nm to drop 2 bombs and maybe shoot at another human in an aircraft.

I'm not having a go at you here personally but there are a lot of FC3 haters that are going to run out of excuses pretty soon when the Hornet shows up.

News flash.... the top FC3 guys are going to be all over you

www.104thPhoenix.com
104th F-15C Skin
My YouTube Channel
Old 05-15-2018, 05:18 PM   #1854
SpiritOFlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by '[Maverick
but there is also a lot to be said about the adrenaline rush you get with so many aircraft crammed into one area on the map all fighting each other.

Talking of which, sometimes too much for an "old" man

https://youtu.be/KmITwNeGxk8

..will be 1440p soon (youtube slow)
SpiritOFlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:56 PM   #1855
PeaceSells

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Maverick] View Post
but there are a lot of FC3 haters that are going to run out of excuses pretty soon when the Hornet shows up.
I'm not so sure, I guess F-15 and Su-27 are still supposed to have the advantage over the F-18 in PvP A2A, aren't they? Plus, if FC4 comes with 4.5 and 5 gen fighters like some people are requesting, this excuse will probably never end...
Core i7 4770 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 2GB, Intel DB85FL motherboard, ASUS VG248 monitor 144Hz 24" 16:9, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS and TFRP pedals, TrackHat Clip Kit, Razer Deathadder mouse @1000Hz @1000DPI, Windows 10 64bit
PeaceSells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:28 PM   #1856
carss

Quote:
Yes, I'll get that done over the next few days for you.
Thanks! Also one small request, can some of the red Mig-29s be Iranian as well? Since they've added those to the game too?

Maybe at a certain red base which is shared by both Mig-29s and F-5s, they both can be Iranian

There is nothing more beautiful than a little Sabre Dance
carss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:39 AM   #1857
ApoNOOB

OP Arma: I passingly heard CTLD stuff was broken? Atleast pickup zones for troops I think. Would be cool if the stuff gets looked at now that the mission is back in rotation.

Could it be possible to put Transport Heli spawns near the A2G areas for JTAC transport to A/B&C? I kinda wish for that in all the old missions heh.
ApoNOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:23 PM   #1858
KungFu

Quote:
People fly FC3 aircraft because PvP is way more competitive and difficult than certain people think it is, your guess couldn't be more wrong as most of the best PvP pilots in the sim fly full fidelity modules as well as FC3.

I'm all for realism too, but there is also a lot to be said about the adrenaline rush you get with so many aircraft crammed into one area on the map all fighting each other.
Its not for everyone, I get that... but neither is flying 400nm to drop 2 bombs and maybe shoot at another human in an aircraft.

I'm not having a go at you here personally but there are a lot of FC3 haters that are going to run out of excuses pretty soon when the Hornet shows up.

News flash.... the top FC3 guys are going to be all over you
I get ya, and honestly I'm not bashing FC pilots. I get that some pilots like to get the immediate gratification/adrenaline of combat and one can get FC aircraft up and on station/combat very quickly and get that.

If I do A-A (I prefer A-G) I do so in a 2000c and I do wait the whole 8 min or so for INS alignment, to me it is more immersive, and since I'll be going up against superior planes/weapons I have to rely on varying tactics and if I do get a kill it's that much more satisfying.

It's hard to please everyone I know, but maybe having a high value target 400nm away that requires refueling and killing it has some bearing on the flow of the mission could attract some more hardcore realism folks to the server. Personally I'd find more enjoyment tracking down and killing a strike package going for such targets or being that strike package and avoiding them.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:49 PM   #1859
[Maverick]
ED Testers Team

Great idea on the HVAA we’ll try and think of something!

www.104thPhoenix.com
104th F-15C Skin
My YouTube Channel
Old 05-18-2018, 10:18 PM   #1860
Terrificfool

Any plans to bring back Op Longbow?
Terrificfool is offline   Reply With Quote